rosé is a 4th gen soloist

• i just realized rosé is a 4th gen soloist and jennie is a 3rd gen soloist.

i don’t know why i think that’s interesting, but i do. jennie was like 3.5 gen and rosie is fairly close to the beginning of 4th gen

who are the other 4th gen female soloist? somi, natty, rosé.... anyone else?

of 4th gen soloists... my current favorite is of course rosie! no other 4th gen soloist is doing it like her (and in some stuff, no other female soloist is doing it like her at all. sorry iu)

all the records shes smashing and setting are making me so proud! she really deserved her debut and it’s a little odd to think of her as a 4th gen idol and 3rd gen idol.... but cool at the same time

here’s to our previous 4th gen solo, rosé!

• I think rosé is still a 3rd gen soloist because she is from a 3rd gen girl group

this is only a project I don't think she is gonna go solo.

maybe her only solo project at yg but she’ll definitely have a solo career lol she debuted in 4th gen. so as a soloist she’s a 4th gen idol. that’s how it works. like some idols are 2nd gen group members and 3rd gen soloists

• no lol what are you talking about haha

this doesn't work this way...

She is 3rd gen artist which debuted as a soloist now, but this doesn't count that she represents 4th gen as soloist.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• no lol what are you talking about haha

this doesn't work this way...

She is 3rd gen artist which debuted as a soloist now, but this doesn't count that she represents 4th gen as soloist.

that is how it works lol

hyuna was a 2nd gen idol in a group

then a 3rd gen soloist

that’s how it worked from 1st gen group idols to 2nd gen soloists, 2nd gen group idols who debuted solo in 3rd gen, and now rosie is the first to do it across 3rd and 4th gen

• that doesn't make any sense- hyuna is apart of whatever gen 4minute is as she dropped out of wonder girls and redebuted and is most known for her work in 4minute/solo which were about the same time.

• exactly. I dunno why kpop fans do this-

that’s literally how it works though... that’s how it’s always worked since 1st gen group idols debuted solo in 2nd gen....

like hyori, hyuna, etc. are are in multiple generations for different parts of their career

• that doesn't make any sense- hyuna is apart of whatever gen 4minute is as she dropped out of wonder girls and redebuted and is most known for her work in 4minute/solo which were about the same time.

it doesn’t matter what you’re most known for.

hyuna of 4 minute (debuting in 2 gen)

hyuna (solo) (debuting in 3 gen)

are different artists. that’s how a solo debut works. or if in multiple groups. she’s not the same “hyuna”. it’s multiple “artists”. unless she’s credited as “hyuna of 4 minute”

which she’s not. she made a solo debut. it’s a different publishing, licensing, and other contracts. a different artist credit. a different everything.

this isn’t news

• that’s literally how it works though... that’s how it’s always worked since 1st gen group idols debuted solo in 2nd gen....

like hyori, hyuna, etc. are are in multiple generations for different parts of their career

no they aren't. I dunno where you are getting that from as I've never seen any of the media ever do that. Rose debuted in 3rd gen and is considered a 3rd gen idol who just made her solo debut. It's not the same as a 4th gen rookie idol debuting with no prior releases.

• apparently it is lmao. im not arguing with you. think whatever you want.

• no they aren't. I dunno where you are getting that from as I've never seen any of the media ever do that. Rose debuted in 3rd gen and is considered a 3rd gen idol who just made her solo debut. It's not the same as a 4th gen rookie idol debuting with no prior releases.

she’s both, that’s what i’m saying. if she debuted in multiple generations, she’s an idol of whatever generations her multiple debuts were in

• apparently it is lmao. im not arguing with you. think whatever you want.

go on pann or naver or anywhere and use a translator and look for hyuna 3rd gen soloist or other 2nd gen idols who debuted solo in 3rd gen. they’re known as idols from both generations. not just the earliest one.

hyori is literally called “3 generation idol” because of her debuts in 3 different generations. so she has a different artist name and credit in each one.

• she’s both, that’s what i’m saying. if she debuted in multiple generations, she’s an idol of whatever generations her multiple debuts were in

no she's not. shes an idol of her original debut era. Soloist taeyeon is not in the same era as red velvet as someone already mentioned. She's viewed as being apart of SNSD and a soloist. They aren't separate.

• nope it's just stupid...

even with achievements Moonbyul and Solar are always put in 3rd gen soloist charts/tables/summaries...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you might wanna go get a covid test

COVID-19 have reported feeling not like themselves: experiencing short-term memory loss, confusion, an inability to concentrate, and just feeling differently than they did before contracting the infection.

• no she's not. shes an idol of her original debut era. Soloist taeyeon is not in the same era as red velvet as someone already mentioned. She's viewed as being apart of SNSD and a soloist. They aren't separate.

again.... go on any korean entertainment news site (even gossipy ones will work) and use a translator. or just search for their name (in english in google) with the different generations lmao

this is how it’s worked since some 1st gen group idols went solo. they get called as all the different generations they debuted in. not all the ones they performed in but debuted in.

that’s how these redebuted idols are 4th gen instead of still 3rd gen. because they’re debuting in both generations, they’re idols from both generations.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!