The entertainment industry is getting stricter with contracts by including school bullying clauses

• The entertainment industry is getting stricter with contracts by including school bullying clauses

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Article: With companies losing hundreds of thousands in production expenses over celebrity bullying scandals, the industry is getting stricter with contracts

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+213] Anyone with school bullying on their record shouldn't even be allowed to step foot in the industry...

2. [+145] Well, we shouldn't be letting the bad guy get a good ending anyway...

3. [+30] I hope more agencies and trainee contracts include clauses about school bullying as well

4. [+79] This should've been the standard from the rest. Set contract terms so that you're completely screwed if you're ever caught with a history of school bullying. Force these people to buy 100 times the penalty fee so that they won't ever dream of crawling back on screen again.

5. [+55] What about people making up rumors out of malicious intent? Will stars be compensated for that?

- [+2] They can sue for defamation

6. [+165] As it should. You don't get to blossom your career after ruining the life of another. If you ruin someone's life, your own life should be thrown in the pits as well.

7. [+5] Audition shows need to do thorough investigations from now on, including interviews from their schools and former classmates.

8. [+7] The addition of contract clauses like this shouldn't be an issue for idols who are innocent anyway

9. [+25] Extend this so that school bullies can't find any type of employment at all

10. [+2] I know some people are going to want to be against this by saying "they were young, they were immature" but we were all young, we were all immature, and not all of us committed school violence. Anyone with a history of school bullying should never be allowed to be famous. Just live your life as plainly as you can before dying.

11. [+3] Need more extensive school records and a life portfolio.... 🙃

12. [+41] This is good. We have surpassed a world where these things can be excused as "immature" and "young".

The entertainment industry is getting stricter with contracts by including school bullying clauses
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

• so instead of setting up something through government that would put a "ban" for someone who has ongoing scandal and later "lift it" when the rumors won't be true

this might damage even more innocent Idols who are hit by groundless rumors

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I get why companies would do this, but I think it's excessive.

There are so many levels to "bullying". I definitely understand this clause in the most extreme of cases.

But, what about ambiguous situations like Soojin and Hyunjin? Will they also be punished by these kind of clauses?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• "Extend this so that school bullies can't find any type of employment at all"

So let’s let them live off public assistance and drain money from people who really need it, like the disabled?

• "Extend this so that school bullies can't find any type of employment at all"

So let’s let them live off public assistance and drain money from people who really need it, like the disabled?

Yeah like how is that a good idea?

I get that they don't want bullies to have a public career but no jobs at all?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice. Korea is a country that suffers severely from school bullying (and I mean more so than even others) if having clauses like this can stop even a small percent of bullying from happening it’ll be amazing.

Not just idols I hope universities and companies start having these clauses too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!