The big4 are going to be the death of k-pop

• Now that the big companies are debuting new groups every two years or so the whole generation thing is going to be a form of the past, i mean how would you know which groups belong to which generation when most of them are 3 or 2 years apart, and each one of them is out doing the other, in way isn't this going to kill k-pop ?

One of the reasons k-pop stans love k-pop is for the bragging entitlement that comes with it, but when all these groups debut at the same time and all of them are doing well and you don't who is doing better than other why stan ?

Whenever we see the achievement of a group the word generation comes with that achievement from example: "group "x" holds the most number of albums sold for a 4th gen group " without that title in reality those achievement are meaningless they are good but still they don't hold any meaning.

So the erasure of the generations will give companies a challenge to keep those k-pop stans who fyi make almost the majority.

Why do you guys think ?

• I mean the use of the whole generation records thing is because of how dominant BTS is...at least that's what I assumed. It makes sense...I mean most of these 4th gen "records" are meaningless but it's fun. Some of the "achievements" I see floating around are pretty ridiculous tho lol.

:pepe-popcorn:

• Yes they'll be the death of kpop as we know it now . They create even more saturation in a very saturated market there's either going to be a market crash, or the public is going to get bored and turn to very different niche groups. I think the growth of dreamcatcher in recent years is no accident in an increasingly saturated market.

From a purely artistic point of view, kpop is already dying, the number of western producers is increasing more and more, especially among the most popular groups.

• the reasons than we need support ive and gidle add other nugu group for growing up...

The hybe stans re so dramatic and arrogant esp bunnies..

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Remember for YEARS the big game companies kept saying "no one wants a single player game" - no one wants 'this, that or other'

Then God of war comes out and holy shit did it explode with EVERYTHING the people wanted but the big companies were too blind to see?

I feel the same thing here, "No one wants old style kpop we need to westernize" but the moment one of the big 4 changes the conversation to old school kpop I got a feeling there will be a resurgence.

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• It just feels like groups are more disposable now than ever, take for example groups like skz, NCT or RV that took some time to take off, companies have to take time for that to happen and not drop them the minute they don't do well. Now u may debut straight to the top but if u don't keep up and fall off the answer to that is just debuting some new group to make for it

• On top of that, there will have barely any room for smaller groups to grow and give the mainstream more diversity.

The main problem of "smaller groups" are people which gives them no chance rather and who rushes on the groups of the BIG4 permanently. Whether the market is saturated or not makes no difference. On the contrary, even a very saturated market can give them more opportunity. When the rock music market became saturated it was the niche bands that survived.

• The way I see it,generations were never defined by a specific time frame,but rather by achievements and growth waves k-pop achieves as a whole

1st gen was obviouly marked by the birth of the genre

2nd gen started with k-pop's first taste of international fame thanks to the initial rise of social media

3rd gen and 4th gen were marked with each increase in k-pop's sales and popularity

A new generation isn't something that can be so easily defined on the spot.These things take some time to crystallize.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!