Longest charting girlgroup songs on global Apple Music top 10

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I did not expect ditto to be on top. I’ve been seeing people drag newjeans for not doing well on Apple Music for days now but then I come across this tweet and I’m in actual shock! :cheer-bunny:

BunniesTaglist

• They captured Japan with this comeback

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's weird. New Jeans gets basically no time in the Global Spotify top 10, but BP does it with ease.
    BP struggles to chart on Apple music top 10, but New Jeans is doing so well there. It's strange though since Apple Music is a much smaller platform than Spotify that would be a lot easier for fans to manipulate compared to Spotify. Blinks must just be lazy lol

• It's weird. New Jeans gets basically no time in the Global Spotify top 10, but BP does it with ease.
    BP struggles to chart on Apple music top 10, but New Jeans is doing so well there. It's strange though since Apple Music is a much smaller platform than Spotify that would be a lot easier for fans to manipulate compared to Spotify. Blinks must just be lazy lol

Apple Music global is strongly influenced by Apple Music Japan, where NJ have lucked out with

Dunno how blinks in Japan go in terms of streaming power

• I think they were dragged for their US charting in those platforms not that I even know how Apple Music works.

Those Blinks are just hypocrites. Blackpink barely charted there either. Their first song to ever enter that chart was Sour Candy and they have never cracked into the top 100 with their title tracks (PV, HYLT, SD, LSG), only Ice Cream did well there because of Selena. Their other songs spent less than ten days inside the top 200.

• External Content twitter.com

• Those Blinks are just hypocrites. Blackpink barely charted there either. Their first song to ever enter that chart was Sour Candy and they have never cracked into the top 100 with their title tracks (PV, HYLT, SD, LSG), only Ice Cream did well there because of Selena. Their other songs spent less than ten days inside the top 200.

OP's post literally shows HYLT reached the top 10 for 3 days though?

PV reached #6 and Shut Down #3. Shut Down peaked higher than any New Jeans song. Obviously they didn't last long since Spotify is where they are stronger (with a much bigger userbase), but your statement "They have never cracked into the top 100 with their title tracks" is totally false.

Furthermore, HYLT spent 93 days in the global top 100, and Lovesick Girls 41 days.

Typa Girl (b-side) reached #46 on Apple Music Global and spent more than 10 days in the top 200, so your final statement is false as well.

• I think that user is referring to Apple Music US (not global)...

It has do with Japan apple music

That why love dive is so high up there bc it was a hit there

• Those Blinks are just hypocrites. Blackpink barely charted there either. Their first song to ever enter that chart was Sour Candy and they have never cracked into the top 100 with their title tracks (PV, HYLT, SD, LSG), only Ice Cream did well there because of Selena. Their other songs spent less than ten days inside the top 200.

Barely charting is not the same as not charting at all for a song thah is unusually consistent and "viral"

Well "songs"

• I think that user is referring to Apple Music US (not global)...

I'm talking about Apple Music US.

Barely charting is not the same as not charting at all for a song thah is unusually consistent and "viral"

Well "songs"

A group reaching the top 5/10 of Spotify US many times but failing to enter the top 100 of Apple Music US and spending less than 10 days inside the top 200 of the chart with the same songs it's normal but a group that is only chartings inside the top 40/30 of Spotify US not being able to chart on AM US is questionable. Uhm... Interesting.

Let me just remind you that In the 2nd week, all BP group solo songs were already OUT of AM US TOP 200 but many of them were still charting on Spotify US so your faves showed first that it's possible to do well on Spotify US even when you're failing to do the same on AM US.

There are only 3 K-pop songs inside the top 100 of the YOUTUBE USA Weekly chart and two of them are OMG and Ditto. NewJeans songs are the most listening K-pop songs at the moment on Apple Music US and they are charting inside the pop category. I wouldn't be surprised if they reach the top 200 of Apple Music US on the next comeback something your faves took nearly 4 years to do.

• Do you have proof of this less than 10 days inside the top 200 of Apple Music USA? Seems hard to believe since their album was in the top 10 of the Apple Music USA chart, higher than New Jeans, so I'm not sure.

BP does a lot better on Spotify, which is a bigger platform than Apple Music anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!