Txt and NCT Dream charting top 11 Melon: organic hits or fandom streaming?

• don't mind me...just spamming this everywhere

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• don't mind me...just spamming this everywhere

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dream was fandom too. It’s obvious that Koreans are success stans. If you have a fandom big enough to keep your song in the top 10, GP will then keep it there forever. That’s why I’m side eyeing k-army for BTS members solo songs.

• Isn’t candy a remake and not the group’s original song?

Counting their own or previous songs, their usual charting are mostly fandom driven.

If their songs chart for months or so, we can say it’s not purely fandom driven.

• Melon is not the impressive feat it was 6-7 years ago. It's hemorrhaged so many users that YouTube Music has overtaken it in Korea as the #1 streaming platform.

It's why you see the ULs have dropped significantly.

Melon can get manipulated almost as easy as Bugs these days.

Melon only has 4 million users. So I guess it's cool to know that a song is popular with these specific 4 million Koreans, but in a country of 50 million it's just a drop in the bucket.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Wut?

FLLEFMBX0AUGowe.jpg

Melon is still easily the top streaming site in Korea. You may have confused it with Genie which has been overtaken by YT Music. Melon is also the best representative of what is popular among all demographics, it doesnt favor Kpop acts over others the way YT Music seems to do.

As for OP's post about TXT's digital performance...i do agree that Melon Top 100 and their old realtime charts are meaningless. You have to wait for Melon Daily and then Weekly charts to assess a song's true impact. Also with UL counts down across the board right now, fans can more easily get their faves music to chart higher even on these tougher charts.

However what really bodes well for TXT is that Flo number. Being top 50 in Flo is usually a good indicator that the Melon Daily numbers will eventually follow suit, that means a top 50 Melon Daily ranking for TXT is in play =O .

The one exception that i kinda remember was Mago by Gfriend, that shit was top 40 on Flo and didnt even chart anywhere in the top 100 of Melon at least in the beginning, it was very very sus, i had no clue what was going on. I cant remember if Melon charting eventually caught up to match Flo's or if the song never ended up charting in the top 100 on Melon Daily at all.

• However what really bodes well for TXT is that Flo number. Being top 50 in Flo is usually a good indicator that the Melon Daily numbers will eventually follow suit, that means a top 50 Melon Daily ranking for TXT is in play =O .

Considering they were #42 on 24hits during the night (ie based on UL data mainly).... its pretty certain they'll be #42 or higher on daily.... (alongside their bsides charting as well in the top 100 on melon daily).

• Dream is Fandom + GP. But the GP most likely come because it's a remake of a popular song. But dream always chart the best among all nct unit. While TXT is still fandom, we need to see for few days. If they can maintain their position especially in daily + their uls, or if they even rise in both daily and uls, then they might gained more GP support.

But I do suprise to see TXT charting this high and, they even already gain 100k+ Uls which they never got as I remember (idk maybe Crown / CYSM did). Considering, despite how good their songs are every comeback, especially during blue hour - lovesong - loser lover - good boy gone bad eras, they always stuck around #100ish position and 60k+ to 70k+ uls. So happy for TXT tho, hope the song didn't decrease after 24 hours, instead it can rise and reach new peak for the following days / even weeks

• You're using a chart that's at least 5 years old. I know it says 2021, but those numbers are wrong. YoutubeMusic surpassed Melon and YG's own VIBE is about to surpass Genie.

Melon is going the way of Facebook. Only Boomers ever really use it anymore.

Melon is really seeing its last days. It's hemorrhaged 50% of it users the last 5 years.

And as you can also see, Koreans HATE Spotify...as much as Kpop fans place importance on it. It's a non-factor in Korea.

Here, I'll help you out. This is from October...

252780-86e5e084-0b72-4508-b8e4-0aff62bfcc13-jpeg

The music streaming app most used by Koreans was found to be 'YouTube Music'.

On the 15th, the app/retail analysis service WiseApp/Retail/Goods announced that YouTube Music was the most used music streaming app by Koreans in October this year, with 4.59 million people using it.

It was followed by Melon 4.54 million, Genie Music 2.32 million, Flo 1.49 million, Naver Vibe 1.06 million, Spotify 540,000, Kakao Music 360,000, and Bugs 320,000.

In addition, the music streaming app with the largest increase in the number of users compared to the same month of the previous year was also found to be YouTube Music. YouTube Music increased by 1.11 million from 3.48 million in October last year to 4.59 million in October this year.

252781-d399f5d9-1cf3-4de4-a7ba-7f324c3c0761-jpeg

After that, Naver Vibe increased by 230,000 from 830,000 in October last year to 1.06 million in October this year, and Spotify increased by 50,000 from 490,000 in October last year to 540,000 in October this year.

On the other hand, Melon was the music streaming app with the largest decrease in the number of users compared to the previous year. Melon sales decreased by 520,000 from 5.06 million in October last year to 4.54 million in October of this year. Since then, Genie Music has decreased by 340,000, Flo by 340,000, Kakao Music by 200,000, and Bugs by 20,000.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!