BLACKPINK adds a 6th entry into GUINNESS Book of World Records

• OSEN

BLACKPINK, group/solo Guinness record… Official listing in 6 categories

0004779255_001_20230127092802893.jpg?type=w430view original

[OSEN=Reporter Seon Mi-kyung] The group BLACKPINK was additionally listed in 6 Guinness World Records categories, proving its powerful global influence.

YG Entertainment said that BLACKPINK was officially listed in the Guinness World Records (hereinafter referred to as Guinness) as the ‘first K-pop female artist to top the album charts in the UK and the US with their 2nd album ‘BORN PINK. announced on the 27th. With this album, BLACKPINK sold 2,141,281 copies in a day and a half of its release, becoming the first K-pop girl group to become a ‘double million seller’.

In addition, Blackpink also achieved significant results through the in-game concert 'The Virtual' held in August last year. 'MTV VMAs Best Metaverse Performance (Best metaverse Performance)' category, and became the first artist to win a trophy.

Member Lisa was also listed in three categories as a solo artist. He is the first K-pop solo artist to win awards at both the MTV VMAs and EMA, which are representative music awards ceremonies in the US and Europe, and has the most Instagram followers of a K-pop artist with 86.3 million personal Instagram followers (as of the 19th). ' I won the title.

Blackpink has already set several Guinness records and boasted the world's greatest popularity. As a group, 'Artist with the most subscribers on YouTube' and 'Most viewed YouTube video in 24 hours' 12 times, including Rosé (2) and Lisa (5) solo achievements, they have been named a total of 19 times so far.

Guinness focused on Blackpink and Lisa's achievements, saying, "Blackpink is the world's best girl group that has achieved the greatest success in the current music market. I am very excited about the records that Blackpink will break in the future." He foresaw future success.

BLACKPINK is conducting the largest world tour of a K-pop girl group, attracting about 1.5 million people. Last year, 14 performances in 7 cities in North America and 10 performances in 7 cities in Europe were successfully completed. They recently moved to Asia to meet fans, and will perform as headliners at the 'Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival' in the US in April and the 'Hyde Park British Summertime Festival' in the UK in July. /seon@osen.co.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!