Do you think Hybe pays Spotify to promote NewJeans or not?

• Somehow Spotify is promoting NewJeans on soccer matches, Armys are not happy in the quotes. Plus NewJeans get put in TTH playlists which not even BTS recent songs get put into. Suddenly NewJeans got lots of radio adds too. Is this organic or Hybe pushing NewJeans?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2B61A997-4C5F-4CCE-985B-8A19DD046865.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by bbb988 ().

• Somehow Spotify is promoting NewJeans on soccer matches, Armys are not happy in the quotes. Plus NewJeans get put in TTH playlists which not even BTS recent songs get put into. Suddenly NewJeans got lots of radio adds too. Is this organic or Hybe pushing NewJeans?

while I agree on playlisting help

outraged about 59 spins radio ...

token stan is insane lol

• Its true that new jeans are getting bigger and better playlists than recent BTS solos ( except lnr & dreamers- not managed by hybe). its true that new jeans are getting more radio spins than bts solos.

so in a broad spec- yes the members of a 10 yr old group that built the company is getting less than a 6 mon group that debuted under that company subsidiary.

company stans (armys) and others can do watvr they want with this info.

MHJ is the HYBE CBO. She is in charge of things like this. HYBE should fix this conflict of interests.

• For some others, gg has 300-400 spins like Itzy, Loona, and nobody bats eyes....

59 spins come on?

I mean, fans can blame Hybe, why blame NJ?

fans are blaming hybe( for their incompetence and unfair treatment), company fans and multi armys who are acting oblivious and ignorant.

sure there must be folks gg after them(nj) too, no denial.

groups like itzy loona have no association to BTS. if they are from the same company as BTS, they would be getting flake too. ador is a subsidiary sure but at the end of the day, they are all from HYBE. Hybe proves that they are capable of doing it so for BTS solos but they simply aren't. any army who supports BTS should be angry at the company for this

• as an ARMY myself i find these accusations so painfully immature. i wish the members had better playlisting yes, but most of the material hasn’t been super commercial whereas the obvious goal for NJ is to make them a really huge pop group with the mainstream. i hate when people act like every song should be treated the same/has the same audience in mind.

if hybe doesn’t promote the actual next ot7 comeback single as the biggest event of all time — then we throw hands.

• I've been paying attention to NJ numbers, and I can assure you that they are gaining significant traction with their music. I'm impressed by how stable and long-lasting their songs daily numbers are on Spotify global. Much when TTH is substituted for Ditto, OMG is still pulling even stronger numbers without extensive playlisting. Hype Boy also demonstrated its durability, didn't it? why the doubt?

:flop:

• when you have armys make reasons for the company, suggesting that the member's solos arent as important or commercial as their group work, the company has succeeded in making one a company fan.

let me know which singles the guys have released (outside JK) that were intended to reach a mainstream pop audience?

the only valid complaint is JITB not being promoted to RapCaviar playlist — it deserved to find a hip-hop crowd. I believe Indigo got some playlisting for the alt/chill/indie side which makes sense.

we will see what they do when Jungkook releases his own material as a proper solo release. if it’s meant to be a pop single for mass consumption (which seems most likely for him vs any other member), it’s gonna be on TTH.

what’s actually crazy is that Antifragile never made it to TTH!

• continue defending hybe and making reasons to downplay the potential of BTS member solos. congratulations.

tell how The astronaut was not deemed worthy of reaching mainstream audience acc to your "im an army" eyes.

tell me how the rap member album/songs were not deemed worthy of reaching mainstream audience. pop isnt the only genre of songs that go on radio or play listing.

radio and play listing is not for only pop songs.

i dont need to wait till 2025 or for JK to know these things. whats crazy is BH and hybe incompetence is so far up the roof yet folks with their head far up their ass seem oblivious to it and are downplaying the member's releases and songs instead.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• as an ARMY myself i find these accusations so painfully immature. i wish the members had better playlisting yes, but most of the material hasn’t been super commercial whereas the obvious goal for NJ is to make them a really huge pop group with the mainstream.

as an "army" you should know what you said was complete bs. Whether a song gets support from their company has nothing to do with a song's ability to be mainstream or not. Every kpop company pushes all releases whether they are ballads, alternative, or pop songs. Queen Spring Day wouldnt have seen the light of day if you think only pop songs should be supported. So why are NJ songs suddenly worth pushing when BTS and their solos aren't? Still Life, Bad Decisions, Dreamers, More, etc all could have gotten push from Hybe but they CHOSE not to. And those that call that decision out arent being immature, they just aren't being sheep with their eyes closed.

• fans are blaming hybe( for their incompetence and unfair treatment), company fans and multi armys who are acting oblivious and ignorant.

sure there must be folks gg after them(nj) too, no denial.

groups like itzy loona have no association to BTS. if they are from the same company as BTS, they would be getting flake too. ador is a subsidiary sure but at the end of the day, they are all from HYBE. Hybe proves that they are capable of doing it so for BTS solos but they simply aren't. any army who supports BTS should be angry at the company for this

about playlisting, we don't about how BH and Ador take a role in the promotion.

and why only NJ ? I mean there are other groups as well.

but what I mean don't you think it is laughable if solos of the biggest bb in the world have only 59 spins?

who is paid for 59 spins ??

• Genuine question

I keep seeing people saying stuff about playlisting when it comes to their charting or something.

What does it actually mean?

they are added to very big playlists. Like Kpop on, Kpop girls etc.

Basically if you search Kpop they are there if it's an official Spotify playlist

But I also think they deserve to be there so I'm not so sure how much of that is playlisting.

• about playlisting, we don't about how BH and Ador take a role in the promotion.

and why only NJ ? I mean there are other groups as well.

but what I mean don't you think it is laughable if solos of the biggest bb in the world have only 59 spins?

who is paid for 59 spins ??

isnt it more laughable that the solos dont even have that? play list reach can be seen if you checked. My complaints are towards hybe. hybe is incompetent as af when it comes to BTS. NJ despite being under hybe-ador are getting it when BTS members are not. so where does the incompetence lie when a 6 month group is getting better treatment than BTS members? im calling out hybe, the company.

• as an "army" you should know what you said was complete bs. Whether a song gets support from their company has nothing to do with a song's ability to be mainstream or not. Every kpop company pushes all releases whether they are ballads, alternative, or pop songs. Queen Spring Day wouldnt have seen the light of day if you think only pop songs should be supported. So why are NJ songs suddenly worth pushing when BTS and their solos aren't? Still Life, Bad Decisions, Dreamers, More, etc all could have gotten push from Hybe but they CHOSE not to. And those that call that decision out arent being immature, they just aren't being sheep with their eyes closed.

i think you’re viewing things through an emotional lens. which is understandable but not how business works.

now why HYBE split up the physical and digital releases for JITB and Indigo IS a really annoying problem including from

a business angle. maybe they’ll get it right with whoever comes next.

this is not a reason to be upset about a new group doing well and receiving support though? lol. like be serious. there is no hybe vendetta against bts.

• Ador knows how important playlisting is these days, I don't think it's HYBE's work because Lesserafim's antifragile wasn't even added on kpop playlists when it was released. And let's not even talk about BTS solos.

• Genuine question

I keep seeing people saying stuff about playlisting when it comes to their charting or something.

What does it actually mean?

Playlisting helps when it comes to charting because the larger the reach is, the more likely that the song will be discovered which leads to more streams.

• isnt it more laughable that the solos dont even have that? play list reach can be seen if you checked. My complaints are towards hybe. hybe is incompetent as af when it comes to BTS. NJ despite being under hybe-ador are getting it when BTS members are not. so where does the incompetence lie?

then it is purely on HYBE's incompetent

I mean, blame MHJ for all the shit she said and do, but clearly, she used her budget more efficiently than others.

for example TXT,Lesserafim

• Ador knows how important playlisting is these days, I don't think it's HYBE's work because Lesserafim's antifragile wasn't even added on kpop playlists when it was released. And let's not even talk about BTS solos.

its so obv now that BH-hybe arent willing to treat acts under them better esp the member's solo. Instead of calling out the bullshit out, ppl are far too busy making up excuses for company.

• then it is purely on HYBE's incompetent

I mean, blame MHJ for all the shit she said and do, but clearly, she used her budget more efficiently than others.

for example TXT,Lesserafim

yes thats the point. BH/Hybe are very very incompetent and are lowballing BTS's member solo releases. from distribution of their albums to giving the boys good playlists/radio.

MHJ uses her connections well but refuses to accept its the association with hybe and BTS that is giving good results for her act around the world esp THE US. anyway that is not related to this issue.

armys instead of questioning anything are too busy defending the company bcos 1. they are company fans 2. they are now fans of new jeans.

• I’m also curious to know what an artist needs to achieve for them to be put on TTH in an organic way in kpop fans minds or if everyone on TTH is payola :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• they are added to very big playlists. Like Kpop on, Kpop girls etc.

Basically if you search Kpop they are there if it's an official Spotify playlist

But I also think they deserve to be there so I'm not so sure how much of that is playlisting.

So do like popular songs get added in or like do people pay for the songs to be added into playlists?

• I didnt say there is a vendetta against bts, just that their support lately has been minimal at best. Columbia, Fifa, Coldplay, and Charlie Puth have done more for bts in the last couple of years than hybe has....that is tragic imo. And it isn't a coincidence that the clear drop in support has occurred around the same time as hybe's declaration of their intent to lower their dependency on bts. So no, don't try to spin this as armys being upset about a rookie group doing well. No one cares. This is about the level of sheer support they have gotten getting valid scrutiny especially when compared to their breadwinners.

• It doesn't have to be one or the other

Hybe should be able to give BTS solo songs support along with supporting newjeans and if they are not giving it, BTS should worry about it ig

I was outraged about it when it happened to hobi but I'm pretty meh about it nowadays

BTS will have to deal with this on their own unless twitter armys get pressed and start trending hashtags and stuff then hybe will start panicking lol

• as an "army" you should know what you said was complete bs. Whether a song gets support from their company has nothing to do with a song's ability to be mainstream or not. Every kpop company pushes all releases whether they are ballads, alternative, or pop songs. Queen Spring Day wouldnt have seen the light of day if you think only pop songs should be supported. So why are NJ songs suddenly worth pushing when BTS and their solos aren't? Still Life, Bad Decisions, Dreamers, More, etc all could have gotten push from Hybe but they CHOSE not to. And those that call that decision out arent being immature, they just aren't being sheep with their eyes closed.

As an “ ARMY” you should know how the US music industry works by now. NJ is not organic in the US and what’s more LGO was a Korean ballad that got a hot 100 #1, so why shouldn’t YTC or Run BTS get more playlisting than releases from a rookie kpop group than from a 4 time hot 100 #1 group?

Oops quoted wrong person. This is directed at all the HYBE stans calling NJ playlisting “ organic”.

• This thread contains 86 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!