YG is predicted to have to offer at least ₩20B ($16.2M) per member to secure resigning + Lisa being offered a contract fee of 100B won in other countries

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

damn, imagine being that expensive

• yg cannot afford this lol. maybe that's why they are debuting babymonster.

I remember the old rumor account i used to follow claiming that YG dungeons Blackpink cause he fears losing control over them. He wants control over everything, and he's willing to give up profits from comebacks just to keep BP under his thumb.

Well now we know why. If this report is true, YG has truly lost any leverage over Lisa, she can literally dictate terms to him. And it's probably the same with Jennie, Jisoo, and Rose, although i'm not sure if they would command the same figure.

• 16 million usd for nothing is not bad imo and ug despite lack of music get them best cf deals. I see some members definitely signing. Lisa might not refuse 81 million dollars. Like common😅

• maybe BP fans
    really proud of their BP girls now
    so expensive !
    even YG can't afford them now?
    🤣
    🙂✌
    but honestly
    I want them to resign all of them
    even for at least 1 -2 years contract
    for possible YG GG collab BP +Baby Monster

• This was actually reported in an article in Naver, not some rando "news" site, although the source was an unnamed industry insider so there is probably still some doubt about its validity. If true, this is shocking, 80 million is a huge ass number, this is A List level dough.

Does this make Lisa the biggest Kpop idol in the world?

She is

• they ain't football/soccer club

YG ain't selling players for 70, 50 or even 30M USD to other clubs to secure budget, and to later be able to pay each member 16M USD just for signing a contract...

External Content www.youtube.com

• This is the original article

블랙핑크, YG와 재계약 가능할까?…해외 1000억 베팅설 솔솔
    걸그룹 블랙핑크가 소속사 YG엔터테인먼트(YG)와 계약 7년차에 접어들면서 재계약 여부가 K-팝 시장의 초미의 관심사로 떠올랐다. 한 증권사는 "무난한 진행이 예상된다"는 리포트를 내놓기도 했지만, 실제 재계약에 이
    n.news.naver.com

And as BP house comment the main source is one site munhwa.com

No other sites or newspaper have report the same which is unusal

• they ain't football/soccer club

YG ain't selling players for 70, 50 or even 30M USD to other clubs to secure budget, and to later be able to pay each member 16M USD just for signing a contract...

Actually, there are contract deals in the music industry wherein a label will give you money in lumpsum to sign a 5 albums deal (i.e the infamous Mariah Carey 100M USD deal), then get their initial investment once there's profit generated. Not only MC, but in the West it's the usual business and they call it an 'advance'.

Ofc, I hardly believe the article, but if we entertain it, then Lisa has to generate 600M USD with a 45% profit margin (that's a high margin lol) in a 70:30 profit split on her OWN over the course of 5-7 years for a company to get the advance of 80M USD.

To understand it more, Lisa has to generate this over the course of 5-7 years:

Yearly revenue: 85M-120M USD in average

Profit Margin: 45% in average

This ain't a charity or a caprice wherein a company will give someone money for free just because they think Lisa is a hot commodity in certain regions in SEA or in China.

Sometimes the logic just flew out the window for some people. And you don't even need to think logically with this one, cause why would a company offer someone that amount of money with no stable solo career and no substantial proof that they'll get any returns in the long run. So far, Lisa has only released 1 single album, no solo tours and her brand deals is not exactly matching with someone who has the capacity to get a 80M USD offer.

• I treat this info as paying for placing signature on paper. Without any "you need to do this or that" rather than that it's "we will pay you 16M so you will stay with us for next 5 years and do your usual job"

The same way it's in sports you are moving from club to club or sign a renewal and you are paid "extra" just for signing a deal. You pocket 4-5 sometimes 10M just for signing a deal and still after a week they start paying you 300 or even 400k USD per week for the next 4-5 years...

• This isn't true. I saw this when it was posted on Naver. It was one article based on the opinion of someone who doesn't know

It's based off of this article.

Link

It literally says "overseas betting rumor"

It quotes a financial expert inside the industry that says the renewal is going to go smoothly based on industry and investor info...Basically people with skin in the game.

There were many articles stating this with many different sources. And there was no 20 billion ₩ offer mentioned but did say BLACKPINK will renew with YG with no problems.

Here's my thread about it.

The person they're quoting about a 20 billion₩ offer is just guessing and is a random reporter from a news agency who wouldn't know.

No one else is stating this.

While YG did have a record breaking year last year with $342 million in revenue and YGPlus most likely hitting $100 million, the $20 million signing bonus for BLACKPINK is likely not true and BLACKPINK is expected to renew with YG with no problems.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• This was actually reported in an article in Naver, not some rando "news" site, although the source was an unnamed industry insider so there is probably still some doubt about its validity. If true, this is shocking, 80 million is a huge ass number, this is A List level dough.

Does this make Lisa the biggest Kpop idol in the world?

Tencent if it's true can easily do this, and they're in the middle of buying anything that doesn't run away from them

• They are out of contract iit's Bosman rule

haha yeah it is that one!

• YG needs to give them their best offer right now, not only because they are BP but because they are their biggest artists, if they leave, it could really affect the company. My guess is they are gonna sign a very short contract with the best condition for BP, 3 years or less. This way YG gets 3 years to try and build a new group (or groups) that can sustain the company if BP leaves. This also allows BP to get out of the contract very quickly if they are not happy with it and look elsewhere.

• there was a recent article saying otherwise that BP is very likely to renew the original article you getting this from is not from a credible source

This article quote that article, as in "no that's no it, we got the tea"

But like someone post above the article saying the first part, of the contract going smoothly was way more widespread by other newspapers.

• I think error occurs bc many arent source critial and fail to understand that NAVER is a search engine not a info source in itself. Also Munhwa Ilbo isn’t really the most credible of the daily press…

• I treat this info as paying for placing signature on paper. Without any "you need to do this or that" rather than that it's "we will pay you 16M so you will stay with us for next 5 years and do your usual job"

The same way it's in sports you are moving from club to club or sign a renewal and you are paid "extra" just for signing a deal. You pocket 4-5 sometimes 10M just for signing a deal and still after a week they start paying you 300 or even 400k USD per week for the next 4-5 years...

You lost me at your first statement lol. I'm not really knowledgeable in sports, so idk shit about their contracts, except how long the endorsement money can be for some star players. I mean imagine getting a Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi deals. Even in women's sector, a star player like Serena Williams can earn up to 55M USD for her partnership with Nike alone. Granted that it's an 18 year contract, but she only has to sport a Nike while slaying her competitions in a field. Not so bad. In conclusion, brands are willing to shed more money in athletes and form a long partnership like it's insane lol. I mean overall, there's so much money involved in the sports industry even the music industry is peanuts compared to it.

Woops. I got a bit carried away, but to stick to the topic, no doubt that Blackpink will get a signing bonus with YG it can be a package deal with stocks involved or 'pocket' money only. I'm not sure about the 'rumoured' given amount, but from a business standpoint, I think they can get 45M USD at best as a group if they have the best lawyers involved to fight for their contract renewal.

Signing bonus depends on your salary. In corporate, they get 5%-10% of your yearly salary to get the idea of what they can offer you based on your merits and experience.

So, let's apply it in this case, say BP as a group plans on re-signing with YG for another 5 years, and let's say BP is estimated to bring in 1.5 trillion won during their contract duration. Say 42% is the average profit margin, then the offered profit split is 7:3-- their 5 yrs estimated earnings would be 441 billion won, get the 10% of that, then voila BP can now use this as a basis to counteroffer (just incase YG offered less than that).

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!