Min hee jin is really Lee soo man protégé 😭😭

• [enter-talk] MIN HEEJIN'S CONTROVERSIAL COMMENT
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

Sis the idols are the celebrities 😭😭😭 what in LSM behavior is this 😭😭 I thought only he was cringe enough to say and do shit like this 🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️

I have never seen a situation where the creative head gets into more foot in mouth issues than the idols themselves :angryr: :cryingr:

• I see nothing wrong with what she said.

She's rightfully taking credit for her authorship. And pushing back on the idea that HYBE is what "made" NEWJEANS.

HYBE funded NEWJEANS.

Min Hee Jin and her company ADOR are the creative origination of the group.

Put in literature terms

She (and ADOR) is author. HYBE is the publishing company.

• That’s so arrogant I don’t know where to start with it :angryr: :cryingr:

• Actually let’s leave what she’s saying for a minute why is she so much in the spotlight in the first place 😭😭

She uses the children to “send messages”

She keeps putting herself in the spot light.

Like.

I genuinely can’t be the only one who finds her weird right.

• No wonder NJ stans are overly cocky. They get it from her. :cryingr: She really thinks that her random as fuck company that literally just sprung from her ass cheeks in less than 2 years would have been met with all this accelerated success without Hybe? When she was the creative director for more than 4 SM groups, not one group was pulling NJ numbers domestically and globally, but now with that Hybe clout, the one group where her touch really matters is doing numbers because they're a Hybe group! In the literal sense, Hybe didn't create NJ, but they financed their debut, promote them and use the BTS leverage every chance they can get with this group it's actually insane to think she pulled this off all by herself. :angryr:

There are so many girl groups releasing back to back good songs but because they don't have the Hybe/Big 3 center of attention from kpop stans, they are collecting dust. And they are very much nugu, the same way NJ would have been if not for the coupled fact that it's a Hybe post BTS group + ex SM creative director branding.

• I'm more surprised that shes been speaking at all.

While at SM she was so secretive and never gave interviews that people were beginning to think she was a myth.

Now she giving more interviews than Andrew Tate lol

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel like her comments really highlight the kpop groups as products aspect of the industry. Everything was her vision and creation. Hybe funded it. NewJeans is the product. Ofc, she's neglecting the part where the NJ benefited from Hybe privilege

I felt the same. It’s also the same with LSM and YG also. In the recently released YG video for their new group he didn’t even show their faces but plastered his own face in their first intro :angryr::cryingr:

These company heads are really creepy af 😭😭😭

• To clarify my statement above.

I'm on no way trying disregard the importance of HYBE in their role.

Authors need publishers. They are essential. And they would often languish in obscurity without them.

And Min Hee Jin may be downplaying that contribution from HYBE. They were certainly essential to their rise.

But I take it as pushing back on this broader idea that I see floated by so many. That kind of wants to disregard her crucial role as author of NEWJEANS as a group. People want to act as if the only thing propelling NEW JEANS is the fact their an "HYBE group".

I think that idea is patently false.

Min Hee Jin and ADOR are directly responsible for creating something special. And deserve credit for that creative work and authorship.

She's being denied that attribution by many, I think, because they simply don't like her or have other issues with her.

But NEW JEANS is her brainchild. I think that much is clear.

• I'm more surprised that shes been speaking at all.

While at SM she was so secretive and never gave interviews that people were beginning to think she was a myth.

Now she giving more interviews than Andrew Tate lol

In SM LSM is the be all end all god and is the only one who takes credit. You know what maybe I shouldn’t blame her maybe being under a man that self centers breaks something in you eye- so now she wants her voice heard as well while basking in her glory.

• I agree with what she said about being the one behind NewJeans and creating them, but without the connections, fund investments and the clout of HYBE (thanks to BTS) New Jeans would have a harder time gaining traction in popularity and fanbase. Let's not forget how NJ debuted with a couple hundred thousands of sales and had so much hype right off the bat and instantly hit success with so little of promotions. Being in HYBE is the best promotion and privilege anyone can get, especially with how supportive HYBE stans are lol

TBF, it's a translated article from Korean and anyone can form their own interpretations based on it. And I don't wanna judge her based on the interpretation of the OP (the one who summarized her interview) in the article.

• I agree with what she said about being the one behind NewJeans and creating them, but without the connections, fund investments and the clout of HYBE (thanks to BTS) New Jeans would have a harder time gaining traction in popularity and fanbase. Let's not forget how NJ debuted with a couple hundred thousands of sales and had so much hype right off the bat and instantly hit success with so little of promotions. Being in HYBE is the best promotion and privilege anyone can get, especially with how supportive HYBE stans are lol

TBF, it's a translated article from Korean and anyone can form their own interpretations based on it. And I don't wanna judge her based on the interpretation of the OP (the one who summarized her interview) in the article.

Idk imo she should not be this much in the spotlight at all in the first place and that already made her look creepy/narcissistic for me.

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

You’re right ofc it’s all translation but she’s been weird right from the beginning for me.

• analogy doesn't hold as readers/fans have no clue who publishes their fav books. Obviously her deciding to join HYBE opens up an immense advantage...not only financial support, but industry connections and instant name recognition to the public. If she decided to start her own company (like BEP with StayC) or join a middling company (like FNC) you really think NewJeans would have taken kpop by storm?

• analogy doesn't hold as readers/fans have no clue who publishes their fav books. Obviously her deciding to join HYBE opens up an immense advantage...not only financial support, but industry connections and instant name recognition to the public. If she decided to start her own company (like BEP with StayC) or join a middling company (like FNC) you really think NewJeans would have taken kpop by storm?

My subsequent comment clarified my position and answers your post.

• My subsequent comment clarified my position and answers your post.

You think people are discrediting her I understand that and they probably are knowing kpop fans. But making herself the center of attention imo was not the solution to it. She wants to transfer the credit from one brand name to another. While I think this emphasis on brand itself is creepy. Esp coming from the brand heads themselves. It dehumanizes the idols and comes off as narcissistic. Let NJ shine. They’re the celebrities.

• To add on my statement...

She definitely did the heavy lifting in creating NewJeans, but in a cut throat of an industry having the right connections and investments are not only essential, but also a key to having a guaranteed successful debut for rookies. Just look at the Big 4-- what follows then is how good their music is and so on and so forth.

I cannot even imagine how many groups have good songs yet they do not find a substantial success because they do not have the backup/clout of HYBE or any big company to make it happen. I may sound like a company ass licker here, but at the very start of NJ's success it was thanks to HYBE. But since MHJ did a great job handling NJ and their music they were able to maintain the people's interest and didn't fade/flop after debuting.

She definitely did the heavy lifting in creating NewJeans, but in a cut throat of an industry having the right connections and investments are not only essential, but also a key to having a guaranteed successful debut for rookies. Just look at the Big 4-- what follows then is how good their music is and so on and so forth.

I cannot even imagine how many groups have good songs yet they do not find a substantial success because they do not have the backup/clout of HYBE or any big company to make it happen. I may sound like a company ass licker here, but at the very start of NJ's success it was thanks to HYBE. But since MHJ did a great job handling NJ and their music they were able to maintain the people's interest and didn't fade/flop after debuting.

Maybe she thinks like BOA or bigbang or BTS NJ would have been a hit anywhere and opened new markets

• My subsequent comment clarified my position and answers your post.

No one is dumb enough to say Hybe created NJ. That's why they gave her her new shiny toy (ADOR) to do with what she pleases. But to say the success NJ is experiencing now is of her own effort is a damn lie. Stay C, another girl group with back to back good songs lost to Aespa in the same year because of big 3 privilege. That would have been Nj's fate. If she was so confident in debuting NJ and gaining this success right off the bat (ALREADY HAVING GLOBAL BRAND DEALS IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS) then she should have declined to join Hybe but she's not stupid. Just overly cocky now that the initial Hybe clout worked in her favor and people are staying for her music/creative ideas.

• I would say there is a distinct difference between Jaden Jeong’s LOONA and BBCs LOONA, so i’m okay with it.

I would say its not weird that MHJ is kind of a celebrity. I mean everyone gave LSM credit for FX, SNSD, NCT, Red Velvet. Everyone gave credit to YHS for 2NE1 and Teddy splits credit for a lot of BP and dont get me started on the celebrity status of JYP himself. BANG PD already got credit for BTS a TON like… he was everywhere for a while.

She deserves creative credit for the concept and direction, especially because she is like… actually the creative director and creator and recruiter etc.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Imagine to my surprise Stay C, a girl group I was rooting for in 2021 to beat the odds against them but lost anyway having Hybe level connections?

This would have had kpop and hybe stans tuning in and and declaring them goddesses of the new world order

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Idk imo she should not be this much in the spotlight at all in the first place and that already made her look creepy/narcissistic for me.

You’re right ofc it’s all translation but she’s been weird right from the beginning for me.

I agree with u tho.

When I got into Kpop, the first thing I noticed is how the executives micromanaged their groups and like to speak for them. It's so different from the West cause I don't certainly see any CEO of big labels there doing this, and even Scooter Braun who basically found Justin Bieber and managed Ariana Grande in her whole singing career.

• to be fair, her language comes off as strong possibly due to translational issues, and it's possible that being a female CEO, she has to come off as strong in a male-dominated job

and the context of the whole interview seems to be her clarifying ADOR's nature within HYBE, rather than rejecting HYBE outright like Pannchoa implies

All that said, none of this is better than the mystique of no inteview at all, she answered a question that no one was asking

• She is hella narcissist like any other CEO

And who made her that way? U all, enjoy it now

This been trending in kforums since yesterday btw, they call her there too

She got a big ego and a big mouth

• LSM x MHJ is truly birds of the same feather

Not only narcissistic but petty too

She's also taking shots at SM

기존의 K팝에 거부감 컸다는 민희진 대표 인터뷰 부분 - 스퀘어 카테고리
    곡 제작에 있어 무엇보다 내가 중요하게 생각하는 포인트들이 있다. 예를 들자면 멜로디 전개 방식이나 가창의 스타일 등. 개인적으로 기존의 K팝이 지향해온 다소 전형적인 멜로디 전개 방식이나 가창 스타일 등에 심한 거부감이 있었다. 고음의 필수 파트나 갑작스럽게 등장하는 어색한 랩,…
    theqoo.net

I do think she's leaving SM with bad terms

• This thread contains 136 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!