Why is Ive doing cheap commercials compared to NewJeans?

• Ive is still accepting CFs for pizzas and random brands meanwhile NewJeans only go for Iphone, LG, luxury fashion brands only. It takes NewJeans 4 months to get a global ambassador position for Burberry meanwhile Ive still can’t in one year. Why can’t Ive book bigger commercials?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It takes NewJeans 4 months to get a global ambassador position for Burberry meanwhile Ive still can’t in one year.

1) That's Danielle who has it not the whole group

2) Yujin literally was just announced as a FENDI ambassador like oh my god someone ban this user please they always make the dumbest threads and add nothing of value to the forum

IU also has a contract with a pizza company but no one is calling it cheap :skull: Stuff like that is more accessible and affordable to the general public anyway compared to a luxury brand or whatever

• Hybe might be targetting more of international market with more luxury deals which international fans like more.

There is nothing wrong with Ive deals. There is nothing wrong with doing pizza. Even jun ji hyun highest paid k actress do food cfs. Different companies have different policies to accept deals. I don't see it as cheap if you do cf of common budget brands.

No need to setup newjeans where other ggs fans who are disguised as fake concerned neutrals will again show their neutrality. I am just happy newjeans are just getting good deals already and can't wait for more solo deals. They might do food cfs too in future

And btw all njs members have luxury deals with diff brands. Two are yet to be announced. To some people who don't know!. One thing is sure all njs members gonna get solo deals along with many group cfs. . Not just few members and their cfs are already more on collabs not just simple cfs. Btw Korea is big buyer of luxury products and brands. Gp care about those brands. Lol some people and their half baked knowledge

• People here need to learn obsession term. What u gonna do? I am so scared. Owwww💀 Complain to ur mods frnds. I didn't take any name lolool. Guilty as charged. 🤣

When you post something in public forum, answers are going to come out whether quoted or not. 🤣Make it private forum then where u can cry about newjeans with ur neutral buddies. I know pain is real💀

• People think they are some thing on random internet forum. Like💀 No one gives a care about losers outside this site. 💀That's why you are here for years. I atleast have life and real friends. I get free and come here😘 and people who makes mockery of groups facing racism in threads, wanting drama are worse. They need to be called out again and again. If that is obsession, then be it🥰

Losers💀 stars my foot

• well i know i am proud that my faves have luxury brands deals

but the truth is that i would never be able to support those deals buying luxury items

instead i could totaly buy pizza and drinks

like i would totally buy those pink oreos if i could get them here in my country

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• i dont get it. Ok here's my point. IVE and NewJeans both have like iPhone 13's or whatever, but then Jeongyeon has a samsung and is in one of the most popular girl groups while these groups debuted last year.

• BP really affected kpop and now people think you only made it with luxury brands.

SNSD were everywhere because they were endorsing all the type of brands. .

Jennie endorsed a chips and bed brand. Lol.

BP have both Luxury and regular brands

Lisa made a lot of the regular ones, those gives a lot of money, people are stupid to think regular brands means less money. N-O-T A-T A-L-L

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• this is better for help small brands....than big ones...the gp know ive is really popular also this only time starship accept small ones ...make them well

I remember the knetizens critized noze cause she didn't accept the small brands ..lol...even she is just famous pro dancer...

You act ive members didn't get big brands individuels like miu miu fendi,prada,gucci gigs etc

Ador and hybe is dumb for give brands deal at nj members (minors ones)during their debut(we know they bought the deal..no members have big influence in the fashion)..i guess this is capitalist people wish make famous the members...

I wonder if dior and channel had reject deal contrat by hybe for give 2 members of new jeans...aka minji and haerin

• I know nothing about these brands and i don't care about who's endorsing what but i prefer when my faves endorse ordinary things i can buy. I couldn't care less about luxury brands, I'm not wasting my money on them

Tho I care about photoshoots, they are always pretty. So i guess i do care a little lol

• Why are y'all so elitist? I've never bought LV anything, but I did get the BTS McD meal and Jin ramen. So which CF benefited the idols AND brand more?

Both did because idols have benefitted luxury brands by boosting their sales to rich people. Different brands different demographic. Both winners.

• Awe the above crybaby I've fan and his fan fictions about newjeans are most hilarious. Soon those deals will be revealed too along with their massive many groups cfs. Keep seething. Kakao owns melon and other things. Let's not get started on buying things if u wanna go that way🥺 it won't end pretty for your five year old rookies🥺

• 1) That's Danielle who has it not the whole group

2) Yujin literally was just announced as a FENDI ambassador like oh my god someone ban this user please they always make the dumbest threads and add nothing of value to the forum

IU also has a contract with a pizza company but no one is calling it cheap :skull: Stuff like that is more accessible and affordable to the general public anyway compared to a luxury brand or whatever

Again it is Lee Jieun who screws up

Lee Jieun had her 'cheapo' moment promoting cheap snacks because she was a nobody when she debuted, which is why she still accepts things like pizza commercials.

However, the game has changed and things like pizza are not done by celebrity idols anymore. It is done by middling idols like Chuu, and even Chuu is moving on to higher stuff now her idol life is over.

• They sold way more then 300 McMeals, LOL. IT was a craze. People were making tiktoks on it and reviewing the meal, LMAO

Haha, not even the biggest BTS fan around but I smashed so many of those meals because the sauces were the best Maccas has ever had. My co-workers and I on night shift were having Nuggie Parties with Cajun and Sweet Chilli sauce everywhere.

To the topic though. It's also a question of reach, "attainability" and aspiration.

A "commoner" brand is going to reach a lot more people. Period. Luxury brands will mainly reach consumers of the brand, consumers that frequent and buy in areas that brand is sold (Gangnam, Ginza, Rodeo etc), or consumers that engage with those brands on social media and print media enough to be targeted. Even as a sneaker collector that drops decent money on sneakers and follow lots of sneaker collector socials, I don't get those brands targeted to me. The audience for more expensive brands is limited. For a lot of people for whom those brans are out of reach, they don't even CARE about those brands. I see discussion about which luxury brands suits which idol best and I just can't give a shit, because those brands and their identity mean NOTHING to me, so how can I care which one suits an idol?

Which then goes to attainability. Not everyone can afford LV bags, Dior glasses, Fendi coats etc. Even in tech, not everyone has the means to own the newest iPhone and Samsung flagships. While seeing your faves tout those goods makes you happy for them and aspire to want those things, in reality for many people, they never can. It's out of reach and hence out of touch.

But everyone eats. Everyone needs a basic level of clothing. Almost everyone enjoys snacks and can, if they want, enjoy a bit of junk food occasionally. Advertising these products reaches many, many more demographics and more importantly more eyeballs. It lets many, many more people notice the idol and the product they are selling. The product is much more attainable to many more people, who can feel whatever parasocial closeness they want by sharing in something their idol "likes". Seeing a famous person they love "enjoying" a chain pizza, or a pepsi, or potato chip means a whole lot more to someone "working class" who can also enjoy those things, rather than seeing said famous person flounce around with a handbag that is more than one months wages.

Some of the most successful and famous celeb endorsements of all time are for "cheaper" brands like Pepsi, weirdly I Can't Believe It's Not Butter or mass market cosmetics like Covergirl. For a reason.

• that not cheap
    that typical classic KPOP GG commercial
    especially you know it if you started as a fan of KPOP back on 1st or 2nd gen era

that also perfect CF
    to target the common household audience

• There are different levels of CFs. Generally the bigger the company in that country the more money you will get paid, because bigger companies have bigger marketing budgets.

So if its a 5 store franchise in that region, you will not get very much, versus being global ambassador for LG.

Similarly there are different levels of luxury brands. Louis Viton is more prestigious and will pay more than say Blanc and Eclare. If the revenue is below a couple of billion, then its a lower end luxury brand.

Also there are brand ambassadors of which there are many, and global ambassadors of which there are fewer,which is more prestigious and pays more.

Its pretty obvious since NJ burst on the scene they are now getting the premium gigs, where other groups are now getting lower end gigs. Not that there is anything wrong with that, since you gotta pay for albums and marketing somehow.

• Also I don't think the intent of this is about "cheap brands vs luxury brands"

The intent of this post is highly about:

"My favs are higher and more classier than yours"

And many fandom are explicitly or implicitly say this.

Because many user here already commented about brand deals, which in the end it just a money goes in.

"If my favs are the BA of this luxury brand, and yours is none, then my favs are the hottest shit in this era"

This is one of many ways to putting up a group higher by lowering the other down

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!