I think Baemon will underperform

• The teasers remind me of NMIXX rollout and we all know how that went. Like maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing IVE or NewJeans level hype at all. Not even aespa or LSFM.

I think the way they're teasing the members first of all is pretty outdated but that's a different convo for another day.

I'd love to be proven wrong but they're just not giving BP level of star factor and I think a big reason is just due to their ages. Maybe if the song is good but without the special Teddy magic that YG GGs usually have who knows how they'll do.

Thots :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• I highly doubt it. Unless the song is absolutely horrible and/or blinks do a full-fledged boycott, baemon will be sucessful.

Though they NEED to change the name babymonsters. At least shorten it to baemon please. If there's going to be anything holding them back it's going to be the name babymonsters.

• Well BP has been the only relevant act inside the company since forever, its perfect to me that it still like that since KARMA.

But in any case I doubt they'll flop domestically, unlike JYP, YG has a characteristic type of music that works inside SK, not in every case if we look at the 3rd-4th gen bgs.

Now internationally? the girlies will probably not even get to do 2/4 of what BP does, but its okay, Destiny Child had 5H, Spice Girls had Little Mix, SNSD had f(x), and BP has Baemon.

• They are very young and will eat up a big chunk of the easily influenced and huge younger audience market that NJ, Ive and StayC share. They will make some of their competition look like amateurs and end them.

I also expect the next real Korean IT girl will be in this group, because YG knows how to make an IT girl and keep her on top for 6 years.

• Like maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing IVE or NewJeans level hype at all. Not even aespa or LSFM.

Groups of the entire 4th generation with a week of "PREDEBUT" video with the most views. (finishing count)

#1 #BABYMONSTER: 25.5M
    #2 IVE: 6M
    #3 Le Sserafim: 3,7M
    #4 Aespa: 3,1
    #5 Kep1er: 3,1

+

All of their videos have been trending at the top of Naver and YouTube Korea for 3 weeks now.

I don't think ifans are equipped to judge anything.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• They are a BP sister group, which makes them successful all by itself. They probably will succeed like their BTS labelmates NewJeans did, in my opinion.

NewJeans did well not just because they're BTS sister group though, if it was that easy LSFM and TXT would do just as well. It gave them exposure but the music was really great, members are interesting, the rollout was something not really seen in KPOP & the concept was appealing so it got a positive reaction. Baemon already failed at one of these which is an interesting rollout & unique way of teasing the members. They're just doing what big KPOP companies have been doing for like years now.

The only member I'm remotely interested in so far is Ahyeon and that dance performance teasing thing was very underwhelming imo. They're still very early into the teasing period so we'll see but it's not looking great.

• BaeMon they have hype but not a dedicated following, exactly like NewJeans. Their success will be determined by the quality of their debut and I think that's for the best

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Being BP sister group is only gonna get them so far. That dance performance was dull and lacked any personality, which BP had charisma and tons to spare.

this was an old dance monthly evaluation before some other members joined the team

you can tell by how young they look there I'm sure they improved now. I don't think this choreo was suited for them either it made no one stand out.

• They are very young and will eat up a big chunk of the easily influenced and huge younger audience market that NJ, Ive and StayC share. They will make some of their competition look like amateurs and end them.

I also expect the next real Korean IT girl will be in this group, because YG knows how to make an IT girl and keep her on top for 6 years.

It's almost as if the reason Jennie has been on top for so long is because of her own merit and not because of the company she's under :woow:

If companies were so powerful in this regard then why has SM failed to make another Yoona, FNC another Seolhyun or JYP another Suzy

• exactly, the hype is there if you go on different social media you can tell many people are looking forward to them

including blinks, YG stans and girl group stans. even knetz are giving them positive comments for their skills.

People forget that pann doesn't represent all knetz

• no 4th gen group is good with yt, if u saw it u saw it

but let said companies put their money where they please

• lol i said as much in another thread. I think 2023 is New Jeans' year. Hybe Boy, Cookie and Attendant was their Whistle, PWF and AIIYL, but Ditto and OMG will be their D4 and Forever Young. New Jeans' summer comeback will make them only the second Korean female act in history to reach the top 50 of the Hot 100... it will be their version of Kill This Love, a monster hit in the West by Kpop GG standards that will last for several weeks in the Hot 100 and maybe even top the Global Spotify chart and the Global 200 chart.

Baemon is too late to the game, they will be stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they go all smooth y2k hip hop/rnb, they will be accused of copying NJ. If they stay with BP's girl crush EDM trap, they will be accused of copying Blackpink or not being trendy enough. If they go high teen pop, they will be accused of copying Ive.

I think LSRFM, Aespa and Ive are the only true challengers to New Jeans, with the first two needing a minor miracle/massive viral hit to take down NJ in Korea. Ive has a much better shot, they still have a chance to retain their NGG title.

But to take down NJ in BOTH Korea and the West? A very very difficult task, i fear.

• Some pretty horrible takes in this thread. Opinions based on nothing, thin air.

But again, AKP is not the place to find any educated opinions.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• None of these groups were using ads like them for a mere teaser for one

• It’s hard to tell. I feel like I’m not seeing that much predebut hype like I’d expect but who knows. They might come out and hit all the marks. It’s really not easy to predict.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• i’ve gotten like fifty ads of their stuff since that first video dropped. just saying.

• Nmixx didn't underperform because of how they teased the members. They underperformed because their debut was horrible. Not even boring or dull. Straight up horrible.

That dance performance video recorded 2 years ago. Both of Haram and Ahyeon's videos are most likely from their monthly evaluations. We didn't see shit so far.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their youtube numbers are great. Unlike Treasure they actually got the support of quite a lot of Blinks. And on top of that Lisa herself is supporting the members.

Seeing those youtube numbers and saying "I see no hype" is hilarious...

s5w5A6y.gif

𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗.🌙
    ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴘɪɴᴋ - ʙᴀʙʏᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀ - 🇵🇮🇽🇾 - ꜱᴛʀᴀʏ ᴋɪᴅꜱ - ᴛʀᴇᴀꜱᴜʀᴇ - 🇹🇽🇹

• Predebut video with Lisa and Jennie in it? How about their dance performance video? That’s more of them than their predebut video lol. YG himself had more screen time.

Baby Monsters dance perf video was on my YT TL and I watched it. It’s underwhelming. But I’m happy to be proven wrong if they debut with great song and good live performance.

• While watching Youtube content, I came across YG's teaser clip with many Baemon add. So more than half of their views are probably fake.

Yg music usually is very good. If Teddy is doing produce the for Baemon then i don't think they will underperformed. But i don't think they can beating on the chart Newjeans either.

• did you heard those girls teasers singing and rapping? if it is Teddy giving them music, they will not have NMIXX luck, trust me

i think NewJeans is the one who has to gear up, cos Baemon is going for their title...but lets wait and see

I don`t stan groups until i listen to their ACTUAL music...I know i can trust BP

Reality has shown us that those huge albums sales on debut groups sometimes is a big bubble, then people realize the music is not that good and they lose interest, and the bubble bops

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I saw their videos and I've found them to be pretty bad in both vocals and dancing

Even if what people are claiming that the videos are old is true, why showcase the talent of your group with old videos?

Their vocals aren't that bad, I didn't like their dance, the new generation Itzy, Le Sserafim's individual dance charisma is at a different level, for example. I could not see a member with a star factor at the solo level in group dance. I don't want to talk early, but there is no one who stands out with groups that dance MV individually. The girl whose first clip was released is Rose-style singer. The 2nd girl Jennie's replica is almost even her tone of voice similar. I wish they found unique talents in different styles. I was not surprised that they found talents similar to BP, but personally it lowered my expectations.

• Their vocals aren't that bad, I didn't like their dance, the new generation Itzy, Le Sserafim's individual dance charisma is at a different level, for example. I could not see a member with a star factor at the solo level in group dance. I don't want to talk early, but there is no one who stands out with groups that dance MV individually. The girl whose first clip was released is Rose-style singer. The 2nd girl Jennie's replica is almost even her tone of voice similar. I wish they found unique talents in different styles. I was not surprised that they found talents similar to BP, but personally it lowered my expectations.

Well, I found Rose to be arguably one of the weakest (if for the worst) main vocalists of her generation, and this girl is at least two ranks behind Rose. I was perplexed at how out of tune she was for a so heavily edited video. It's okay to not be a strong vocal powerhouse, as long your music follow your limitations, which was not the case of the Intro video. If their songs are easy to sing they'll be good though

The rap girl is definitely a Jennie clone, but the lyrics in English didn't do her any favors. Her flow seems good, but her diction was severely impacted by the lyrics

As for dancing, I think I agree with you

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!