Akorn changes on halt

• We have read thru all your feedback and will be halting all changes to akorns.

Everything will remain the same for the time being until we have more time to review and reconsider all options.

Although change is something most people hate, our overall goal is to create a better experience and purpose for akorns within the community. This will remain a priority as we reconsider options.

I recognize badges aren’t enough to create value for akorns, therefore we are discussing other valuable items, as well as considering the scarcity of the currency. That was the initial thought process behind the proposed changes. Like I said previously, somethings will work, something won’t. But we will keep trying.

Thanks.

• Well if badges aren't enough

why aren't you adding more physical album in the akorn shop even if they are not sign

but album from big groups (because all the album sell in the akorn shop are from nugu company) i bet that if there's more album of groups like Itzy, bts, blackpink, nct, aespa etc... on sale in the akorn shop, young user who doesn't have the money to buy album or their parent don't want to buy them kpop album

would start to become much more active on the forum to quickly reach the required amount of akorn to buy the physical merchandise

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• A lot of people go crazy over acorns.

I always forget we even have them

I just pay the All kill fee monthly to help keep the lights on at my favorite kpop home.

And then buy a batch of acorns if I ever would want a Tzuyu badge or something.

I don't even know how many I have.

(Goes to check)

• It is fine that it is neither here nor there for you, but many on the site were concerned and we heard that.

"But I guess this is great news for the badge lovers."

I did come to that conclusion.

• I'm glad to hear that opinions were heard and look forward to see what changes will happen in the future, that will hopefully keep everyone for the most part happy, though, it's evident not just here but everywhere that you can't please everyone. I still would like to see what you add to the shop as far as physical merchandise goes!

I don't know why people have to come here and be rude, just because you don't care about something doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. Just stop trying to push your negativity on to people.

• How about users being able to "claim" badges for activity something like medal of honor for soldiers

but those badges won't be in shop, more like an aesthetic granted by admins/mods.

Let's say I will get some kind of level and I'm able to claim that medal of honor but I do need to send 5000 akorns to akp pool. And admin team can decide what to do with those akorns, just to make sure you ain't "losing" on it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I panic buying just in case 😅
    I want or saw it first the Somi badge
    but pick Wonyoung as my current bias

but wish more badge
    let say classic
    I want produce 48 Wonyoung or IZ ONE
    or even Somi sixteen ,produce 101 or IOI

also needed some Nugu group badge (request)
    like Chocolat Tia One more Day or Black Tinker Bell version

• I still think it would be cool to have some kind of tiered reward system for activity. Like make special emblems for users who post over X amount a month. Red for 100, gold for 200 etc (Give me something sparkly if I hit 500 posts a month juseyo) If you maintain that level of activity for 3 months straight, reward them with a free badge or something. If they maintain it for a year, give them a year of allkill.....

• the forum is chronically underfunded from what I hear. And people buying it with akorns will essentially be giving the albums away for free atm.

No,

because an album is pretty much 30euros here

and when i bought the signed TTS album on the Akorn shop i had to spend 50euros

so actually the forum would do a profit of 20e for each album people would buy

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I still think it would be cool to have some kind of tiered reward system for activity. Like make special emblems for users who post over X amount a month. Red for 100, gold for 200 etc (Give me something sparkly if I hit 500 posts a month juseyo) If you maintain that level of activity for 3 months straight, reward them with a free badge or something. If they maintain it for a year, give them a year of allkill.....

Do I get a special emblem for keeping this forum alive with my 2.7k threads spam?

;judgingpepe:;judgingpepe:

• Hand em over :pepe-firing:

BLACKPINKJESSICALE SSERAFIMNEWJEANSTHE ROSESEJEONGTWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• No,

its the fact that some hold large amounts of akorns and can fund others to buy the album, effectively providing a side-step for those who want to buy the album at no cost to them.

I know for a fact this can happen, hence also why there was a steep transfer tax to transfer between people.

THose who hold large amounts of akorns are in a position to relieve the need for actually paying real money. This is not saying all of them do that or even any of them do that, its akp preparing for the possibility in the future.

I have a few akorn financial reforms I'd like to see happen but ultimately, as it is right now, akorns are being issued at a rate that likely exceeds akp's earnings. (I'm basing the last claim that akorns outpace earnings on pure conjecture but it looks likely and is a threat to akp if albums are restocked constantly)

• Yeah, honestly the akorn transfer fee wasn't a terrible idea as much as it pains me to say. People really should be posting more instead of getting akorns from others. It's one thing to transfer to a guild for guild expenses, but users who want badges should post to earn them

• No,

Import and shipping fees. From kor—>us—>eu

That isn’t cheap. Especially now. Shipping anywhere out of the states is at least $20-30 usd even for light items. On top of that, many of the purchases are from users who accrued akorns by just posting and activities.

Typically, any merch we put up is a loss and just a service for the community, but these forums aren’t about profit in the first place.

• Yeah, honestly the akorn transfer fee wasn't a terrible idea as much as it pains me to say. People really should be posting more instead of getting akorns from others. It's one thing to transfer to a guild for guild expenses, but users who want badges should post to earn them

Yes. The other solution is disable transfers completely, but that would spark outrage too 🤪

• Yes. The other solution is disable transfers completely, but that would spark outrage too 🤪

Perhaps all the guild banks and user banks can be "verified" accounts that don't receive transfer fees as long as we use it for the right purpose, such as collecting money for LE's etc. and they don't receive fees but user to user does get charged a fee to transfer, not a huge fee of course but a fee nonetheless, though at the same time I don't know if that will make a difference to those who have a ton of akorns lol :/

• Yes. The other solution is disable transfers completely, but that would spark outrage too 🤪

Wow, you've never quoted me before, I'm kinda nervous...

Well, if you want to prevent people from affecting the akorn economy by hoarding large amounts and then transferring akorns, you could always have them expire after a while like Starbucks does with their points. Make them only valid for a year or something.

Or to encourage continuous and consistent activity, make it so your akorns won't expire as long as you maintain a certain level of activity like some frequent flyer mile programs do.

I do hope you will consider sanctioning some transfers though like icyruios 's games since that encourages activity.

*runs away*

I suggest to decouple akorns from USD using a treasury system. Akorns will suffer in the short term but I hope with deflationary measures, akorns will retake its former value. With this system I'm confident akorns will not put akp in such a position again.

if it must be a transfer tax, why not use a percentage tax, deducted from the transferred amount? I think it would also be quite simple to calculate by hand for users.

Edit: the treasury system will not disconnect akorns from USD, but will allow akorn's value to fluctuate against the dollar. Its like changing from a wooden pole to a leather leash to walk the dog.

Edit2: this isn't the corporate treasury system seen on google search btw its much simpler than that.

It was just too severe. 50 akorns for a 5 akorn transfer for when people host their own games to encourage activity and getting to know the community is very different than if I were to transfer you 1000 akorns to help you get a badge. It should be a % of the akorns being transfered, with maybe a max of 50 or something. That's still 50 posts, which is a lot if you aren't spamming.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• It was just too severe. 50 akorns for a 5 akorn transfer for when people host their own games to encourage activity and getting to know the community is very different than if I were to transfer you 1000 akorns to help you get a badge. It should be a % of the akorns being transfered, with maybe a max of 50 or something. That's still 50 posts, which is a lot if you aren't spamming.

Percentage transfer fees could work. Maybe 10% with a floor of 5 akorns and a cap of 50. Also, i do think some transfers should be exempt like games that encourage activity.

• Percentage transfer fees could work. Maybe 10% with a floor of 5 akorns and a cap of 50. Also, i do think some transfers should be exempt like games that encourage activity.

we boutta have an akp Permit-to-Transfer office--

jk but yea I agree with the percentage bit. I don't know about the cap though. if akorns were deflated faster, (assuming forums can raise the money to do so), albums can be restocked faster.

• These are all valid points that we have already considered. Obviously % based fees make more sense, but there are limitations within the current system. The issue is the akorn system is a 3rd party plugin, so we can’t go in and make changes and create new functionality because it would break things when future updates are released.

We are limited with the current functionality of the plugin. Therefore things that don’t make sense are sometimes implemented because there is no choice and its usually the lowest common denominator.

• we boutta have an akp Permit-to-Transfer office--

jk but yea I agree with the percentage bit. I don't know about the cap though. if akorns were deflated faster, (assuming forums can raise the money to do so), albums can be restocked faster.

True, there doesn't have to be a cap.

Personally, I'm not really into the merch. I want more aesthetics and badges. I'm still concerned that the changes to the badge system means that my faves won't be eligible for badges anymore.

• True, there doesn't have to be a cap.

Personally, I'm not really into the merch. I want more aesthetics and badges. I'm still concerned that the changes to the badge system means that my faves won't be eligible for badges anymore.

being honest I feel like every new years or lunar new years, it'd be in the interest of akp to hold a period of time where older badges are availiable. it would help deflate the akorn too.

I'm more of a merch person tho so...

• This thread contains 82 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!