The 6th member of NewJeans

• Hyein Dani Minji Hearin Hani Yuri

GridArt_20230115_220427143.jpg

I think Yuri as the 6th NJ member would be a great addition. Her voice is growing on me and i like how deep and rich it sounds. (It kind of reminds of IU's vocal color a bit)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think it wouldn't overshadow other member's voices but rather complement Hani's airy angelic tone perfectly. With her the vocal trio composed of Yuri/Hani/Dani would be chefs kiss :lover1:

She is a 2001 liner but she looks really young so it could pass. Moreover knowing that Source music (?) reached out to Produce to take in Yunjin and possibly put her in NJ, it's not totally impossible for the same to happen to Yuri right? :/

So what do you think?

• The only Izone member I could see fit Newjeans is Yujin. And I'm talking about 2018-2019 Yujin, not current Ive Yujin

Visuals yeah but vibes wise im not sure. And she wouldn't bring anything to the table anyway, there are enough visuals in the group and i dont find her talented enough. She could have taken Minji's position for example but i prefer Minji by far (visuals, vocals, vibs).

But I think NJ would be improved with another lead vocalist tho. And Yuri can easily belong to the cutie line with Hani. She also displayed charisma and stage presence in her solo. Trained by Ador and put through their styling i think she could perfectly fit in NJ and bring more diversity in their visuals :wellr:.

• nah her voice would take way too much space in their songs so they will force her out of her natural voice

Ah sorry i forgot what you said...

Mmm, i really thaught about it and not necessarily. She would share the lead vocal position with Hanni so depending of the concept and the song one could take more screen time over the other.

I don’t think their vocal ability level are that different and Ador is really good at giving everyone in NJ their time to shine as there is no fixed position in the group.

Also her voice is really different from Hani or even Dani so they wouldn't overshadow each other i think but more like highlight each other’s differences and strenghs. I think she has a pretty voice and is a better vocalist (not by thaat far but still) while Hani has a very unique vocal color. :wellr:

• she is quite a bit better than hani especially live my concern is that Yuri's natural voice is what we heard in the last few releases and that ador would force her back to the more high pitched izone era. I don't think the group would benefit from another really colorful voice, especially at the main vocal position.

I'd say the interesting part would be what could ador do with someone with more range.

• she is quite a bit better than hani especially live my concern is that Yuri's natural voice is what we heard in the last few releases and that ador would force her back to the more high pitched izone era. I don't think the group would benefit from another really colorful voice, especially at the main vocal position.

I'd say the interesting part would be what could ador do with someone with more range.

She is a bit better yes like she may be average to above average while Hani is average but that’s not a huge difference. Like she isn't on Taeyeon or Ninging level good right. So time repartition wouldn't be a problem i think. And Hani is good live too.

Also there is no fixed position in NJ you know. No main vocal, no main dancer. In one song Yuri could take the lead and in another one it would be Hani depending of the song i guess.

Like Hyein was given the woo oo line in Ditto instead of Hani. And even Hearin sang a lot of chorus in Hype boy and Cookie.

Yes indeed, that why id like her to be in NJ, because she has a wider range. Even tho i don't really think they would makes Yuri sing much high notes either. Ador seems to have a pretty minimalistic, modern and chill approche to music. (not the classical over dramatic high notes)

But also because her vocal color vould bring something different to NJ voices. Her real color, not the high pitched version.

But i dont think Ador would make her do that. They seem very kin on letting the girls personal color shine as much as possible.

Hani even said that they had no vocal guideline with the songs their receive to avoid being influenced and stay the most natural as they can in their singing.

So...

• Visuals yeah but vibes wise im not sure. And she wouldn't bring anything to the table anyway, there are enough visuals in the group and i dont find her talented enough. She could have taken Minji's position for example but i prefer Minji by far (visuals, vocals, vibs).

But I think NJ would be improved with another lead vocalist tho. And Yuri can easily belong to the cutie line with Hani. She also displayed charisma and stage presence in her solo. Trained by Ador and put through their styling i think she could perfectly fit in NJ and bring more diversity in their visuals :wellr:.

Yujin would have fit Newjeans youthful concept perfectly. Newjeans give off the vibe of being a normal friend group simply having fun and that's pretty much the same vibe I got from Yujin during P48 too. She wouldn't be the main vocal or main dancer but she was already a better singer at debut than Minji and Hyein are, maybe Haerin too. So talent-wise she would do just fine.

I can't really see Yuri in Newjeans. Even ignoring her age and that she wouldn't exactly fit a school/teenage girl concept I still can't see her in Newjeans. Her voice is too different from the rest of the members and wouldn't blend well in their songs. Personally I also think Yuri is better in dreamy concepts like Lovelyz than Newjeans fresh-teenage concept.

• Yujin would have fit Newjeans youthful concept perfectly. Newjeans give off the vibe of being a normal friend group simply having fun and that's pretty much the same vibe I got from Yujin during P48 too. She wouldn't be the main vocal or main dancer but she was already a better singer at debut than Minji and Hyein are, maybe Haerin too. So talent-wise she would do just fine.

I can't really see Yuri in Newjeans. Even ignoring her age and that she wouldn't exactly fit a school/teenage girl concept I still can't see her in Newjeans. Her voice is too different from the rest of the members and wouldn't blend well in their songs. Personally I also think Yuri is better in dreamy concepts like Lovelyz than Newjeans fresh-teenage concept.

Nope. Maybe same as minji now and im even doubting that. minji at last sings her lines in pitch in live while Yujin live sounds like she is more on the tone deaf side.

Hearin is clearly better and also Hyein is very underated. For a 14 pop star she sings better than you would expect.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She was barely 12 here i think.

• Yujin would have fit Newjeans youthful concept perfectly. Newjeans give off the vibe of being a normal friend group simply having fun and that's pretty much the same vibe I got from Yujin during P48 too. She wouldn't be the main vocal or main dancer but she was already a better singer at debut than Minji and Hyein are, maybe Haerin too. So talent-wise she would do just fine.

Not at all. She looks too mature for NJ and the only place she could take would be either Minji or Hyein but again i prefer them both over her by far. In every way, (except in dancing maybe.)

She has some taughness to her and has a great figure so i guess she would do better in a sexy girl crush concept (like LSF?) and maybe being in Ive doesn’t allows her to show all her potential but NJ? Nope to nope.

I disagree. Yuri could perfectly fit in. She would add more diversity in terms of vocals and visuals. No need to add another member that already looks like the members in the group. That's just a waste of space. She has youtfull looks that would blend in well with others.

Ditto is a bit dreamy and lovelyz spent half their carriers cosplaying as teenagers in schools uniforms. :eyes:

I highly disagree. Firstly how would you really know? Yuri/Hani duo would have kind of reminded me Seulgi/Joy duo. One with a deep voice and the other one with a soft voice. Yuri and Hannis harmonies could have been amazing.

And NJ is still a new group, we don't really know what they are gling to do next in terms of concept at last.

• idk I really don't think new jeans would benefit from another very very different vocal color. Imo the only group that is quite fine at having a lot of member with different vocals are Idle (5 clear different vocal, though there are songs were minnie and miyeon try to do similar sounds). but thats just me, it could be fine. Imo New Jeans are already on the edge of many different sound and i don't think it should go urther than that, just develop what they were doing.

I also think hanni is quite overrated as a vocalist lately. She's not a terrible best vocalist, but she wouldn't be in the main vocal lineup of probably every single 3rd gen groups or older...

• idk I really don't think new jeans would benefit from another very very different vocal color. Imo the only group that is quite fine at having a lot of member with different vocals are Idle (5 clear different vocal, though there are songs were minnie and miyeon try to do similar sounds). but thats just me, it could be fine. Imo New Jeans are already on the edge of many different sound and i don't think it should go urther than that, just develop what they were doing.

I also think hanni is quite overrated as a vocalist lately. She's not a terrible best vocalist, but she wouldn't be in the main vocal lineup of probably every single 3rd gen groups or older...

well that's the point. I don’t think Hani is overated because i don’t think anyone ever compared her to 3rd gen, lol. She is judged by 4th gen standarts and probably in comparaison to really successful ggs. And even tho in 3rd gen she would have only be a lead vocal, her tone is really beautiful and distinctive. It gives life to NJ's music.

And precisely because she is no main vocal material that i though that if NJ could be improved, they only needed a better vocalist because their are 10/10 on every other category.

Honestly i don’t think NJ's music will need a Taeyon or a Ningning but i do think they could benefit from someone on Yuri or Winters level. But Winter’s voice sounds kind of similar to Hani's in texture, very light soft and airy.

It must be a voice that is different from them, a voice that is pretty but that wouldn't be able also to overshadow their strengh but compliment them. And i tought Yuri would be perfect for that.

If NJ does more rnb songs like Hurt, a voice like Yuri would be a good addition. Moreover her vocal color is a bit similar with Minji, a deep rich voice but Yuri also has the vocal abilities to use it. Hence why i think she is a good idea. 🧐

But it okay to disagree 🙂

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!