BOP vs FLOP : YENA "Love War (Feat. BE'O)"

• How do you find Love War? 47

1. BOP (28) 60%
    2. BLOP (13) 28%
    3. FLOP (6) 13%

YENA is back with a very different mood; as compared to her first two releases.

Do you like this new version of her? Share your thoughts below! :thumbs-up:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• kpopace26

Changed the title of the thread from “BOP vs FLOP : YENA "Love War"” to “BOP vs FLOP : YENA "Love War (Feat. BE'O)"”.
  • Very painful to press blop for one of my faves but this was kinda generic ;(

You think that's painful, i'm about to press FLOP for my girl ;(;(.

I understand why she and Yuehua might have felt the need to go the total opposite of Smartphone which flopped digitally, maybe they were worried that she was gonna be pigeonholed as cutesy only, they didnt want to be stuck in a rut doing only one concept.

But the problem is that while Smartphone was a SOTY contender, this song was just utterly and completely forgettable and the musty dude B.O. or whatever his name is that was with her did absolutely nothing for the song, his whole rap was painful to sit through, i woulda 10000x much rather have heard Yena rap. There wasnt a single redeeming quality to the song. And a move like this is risky af, she could drive away her hardcore fanbase who loved Smiley AND Smartphone (she sold like 130k of Smartphone that's HUGE for a female soloist and tops among all 4th gen soloists).

TBH, i have to say that even DITTO is a catchier song than this.

eeewww-yuck.gif

I just threw up in my mouth a little after writing this omg.

The only thing that will make this pain go away is if Love War ends up to be another top 10 hit for Yena. At least i could take solace in that.

• Addendum: If Kpop companies insist on doing duets with their female solo releases, at least put some male talent that actually you know have talent and can blend nicely with the soloist. Just listen to this SOTY B side contender, Miyeon and the dude sound amazing together.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yeah I also get they had to switch something up. I'm glad people seem to be mostly liking it but I can't see myself listening to it long term. Just not my style.

I listened a crazy amount to SMILEY, Pretty Boys and Vacay, that was probably my favorite album of 2022 so maybe my expectations were impossible to meet ;(

• Yeah I also get they had to switch something up. I'm glad people seem to be mostly liking it but I can't see myself listening to it long term. Just not my style.

I listened a crazy amount to SMILEY, Pretty Boys and Vacay, that was probably my favorite album of 2022 so maybe my expectations were impossible to meet ;(

Pretty Boys is a great song and that Vacay is a SOTY contender it is SO INFECTIOUS. Those two plus Smartphone are the Holy Trinity for me when it comes to Yena songs (i didnt like Smiley as much as most).

We'll see if the gamble that Yuehua took paid off.

• The B-side is great, guys. :pepe-grooving:

External Content open.spotify.com

• I'm settling for BOP. :teddy-pepe:

And I'm not surprised some of you don't like how BE'O raps; you do you. :finger-heart:

Here's random BE'O recommendations:

• I like it but I don't love it. It doesmt make me want to keep hitting replay like her other releases.

The other releases were at least unique and original and was the concept of that kind for a soloist, it was an identity only Yena could have pulled off, but this one anyone could do.

I love the video, I love the idea of it, vocals great, but this isn't a top song in anything for me. I wouldn't have voted if it wasn't for to see the results

• not bad
    Love War
    much better than Smartphone
    I like the beat and lyrics I like it rated it 9/10

opposite but
    as good as SMILEY

remind me of
    Secret Song Ji Eun - feat. Bang Yong Guk - Going Crazy MV

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!