Demeaning Successful Females In Kpop Is A Problem

• Look at the most hated and most famous 4th gen idol this year. Wonyoung. What's her scandal? Eating a strawberry with two hands(which btw she has done since a long time and people do eat strawberries with 2 hands) and lip-syncing like every other kpop group.

Whenever a female group or idol becomes popular or successful, any slight or even not a mistake causes them to be hated.

Y'all were wishing IVE got daesang for song of the year and the second they did you all turned your backs and were like "oh ive buying awards" "ive don't deserve it".

And it's not just IVE, look at BP who had an amazing year in 2022. People were trying to discredit their success by saying they freaking sl*pt with people and are sl*ts which is absolutely disgusting.

And now with them headlining Coachella, suddenly coachella is a festival for influencers and isn't one of the biggest music festivals in the world.

But hey! They're females, so we're going to pretend it didn't happen and even encourage people to sl*t shame and hate on females relentlessly.

The irony here is that these girls, esp wonyoung, are called pick mes, when kpop stans are the ones putting down females+ holding double standards on female idols. The actual definition of pick me!

And this is the problem, in kpop rampant misogyny is allowed and at times encouraged. I bet you that you won't see a huge hate train on a male idol who randomly takes their shirt off and does hip thrusts but if a popular female idol wears something slightly revealing and does "sex*al dances" she's suddenly a sl*t.

And this will only stop if we start calling it out.

Yeah, that's the TedTalk

• Internalized misogyny, envy, inferiority complex, low self esteem and low EQ/IQ along with sociopathic tendencies and cluster B personality traits which are very common

• There are many problems GG’s face but the ones you’ve pointed out here are quite superficial and are faced by idols in general….the rampant misogyny worth talking about exists I’m pretty sure behind the scenes in how they’re treated by their companies, how they’re not expected to be song writers etc.

GG’s and BG’s have different levels of what they can do sexy on stage but kpop as a whole is extremely prudish. the lip sync thing is nothing new it’s because IVE is popular not because they’re a GG. Something similar happened to EXO for their miracle in December stage you can Google about it. They received hate for ages over it.

What you’ve pointed out here is what popular idols face not women in kpop. That conversation needs more nuance and a much deeper look.

• It's pathetic how public figure can't be criticized anymore before fans start you hate woman card. I have bashed singers like JB or one direction with such terrible words in teenage. You can't even imagine. I find fourth gen bgs terrible and not even worth to talk about.

Calling someone untalented if you don't find them talented is nothing wrong. Sorry i am not sorry, if i don't think an idol whether man or woman can't sing, have lame performances, I will say it. I am not going to apologetic about it. Finding someones nature problematic is also an opinion. It is better than using slay king and queen. And justifying even bullies in kpop by fandoms. . It is better than fake sugar coating to hide hate.

Problematic is slut shaming, body shaming, age shaming etc. Learn the difference

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!