Breaking: LOONA's Heejin, Kim Lip, Jinsoul, and Choerry won legal lawsuit against BBC to cancel their contracts!!

• Heejin, Kim Lip, Jinsoul, Choerry won their lawsuits to cancel exclusive contract - the other 5 lose their cases

[단독]이달의 소녀 희진·김립·진솔·최리 '계약 해지' 승소
    ‘부당 정산’ 등 문제로 소속사와 갈등을 빚었던 걸그룹 이달의 소녀가 계약 해지 소송에서 승소했다. 다만 법원이 일부 멤버에 대해서는 패소 결정을 내리며 그룹 활동이 ‘공중분해’ 위기에 놓인 상황이다. 서울북부지법
    n.news.naver.com

On the 13th, Judge Jeong Mun-seong, Chief Judge of the Civil Division 1 of the Northern District Law of Seoul, ruled that four of the LOONA members had won and five lost the application for a temporary injunction to suspend the validity of the exclusive contract filed by nine members of the girl of the month against their agency Blockberry Creative.

The members whose contracts are suspended are Heejin, Kim Lip, Jinsoul, and Choerry. They were allowed to operate freely from this day, before the conclusion of the present case.

On the other hand, Haseul, Yeojin, Yves, Olivia Hye, and Gowon will remain under contract with the agency. Vivi and Hyunjin did not participate in the lawsuit.

Four members who won the case had exact same contract as Chuu. This is why judge ruled this way. As for other girls apparently they've had some changes done in contracts and signed some new clauses year-two ago, so because of the "ratio" in contract being different judge couldn't rule in their favor.

Wrap-up.

Free:

Chuu + Heejin, Kim Lip, Jinsoul, Choerry

Still in BBC:

Yeojin, Haseul, Yves, Olivia Hye, Gowon, Hyunjin, Vivi

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 3 times, last by bartkun ().

• Wait, why did some win and others lose?

read last part of post!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I bet my right tit BBC will try to milk the remaining members and be disappointed

It's what they deserve but I am worried for the girls

that "zero" album or whatever is pathetic. i hope the remaining girls arent contractually obligated to actually do work.

• that "zero" album or whatever is pathetic. i hope the remaining girls arent contractually obligated to actually do work.

the safest thing would be to go to doc and check if there are any injuries that needed time to heal

even old ones :)

in girls place I would even do blood test to check if I'm lacking something and then get that paper which suggest I should rest and eat well in home

• interesting facts:

Odd Eye Circle is fully out

oec.jpg

but Not Friends unit is not

• BBC done fucked up

just release the rest of the girls already

External Content twitter.com

• BBC done fucked up

#freehaseul :ragec:

• BBC done fucked up

Haseul asking for support... So boycott will be droped? Can i start listen to loona again?

• interesting so what does that mean for Loona as a group

does it still exist?

so the members who won (plus Chuu) only won a temporary injunction but what happens to the contract itself? are they still bound to BBC or can they join different companies???

what about the remaining members???

so many more questions

does it still exist?

so the members who won (plus Chuu) only won a temporary injunction but what happens to the contract itself? are they still bound to BBC or can they join different companies???

so many more questions

this probably means that if BBC came up with idea to spread rumors that Chuu had power trip

now they will probably say something even weirder that those 4 who won are iljins or something worse, you know how it is with BBC...

my understanding is that if contract is suspended then it kind of doesn't exist anymore because BBC can't force girls to attend schedules

• Sounds like the four girls that won the case no longer have a contract with BBC so they are free to go wherever they like. The other five that lost are stuck. Loona will prob be 7 now. I don't see BBC letting the other girls go... still a lot of debt that needs to be repaid I would imagine esp. after the failed comeback... I wonder how much more debt they accumulated from that?

• Im so sad

im crying </3

This hurts me so much

waiting for the rest to depart :pepe-comfy:

i dont even know what to say im so broken

Haseul said something too

im forever an orbit, even in disbandment

1673608058-20230113-181855.jpg

• this probably means that if BBC came up with idea to spread rumors that Chuu had power trip

now they will probably say something even weirder that those 4 who won are iljins or something worse, you know how it is with BBC...

my understanding is that if contract is suspended then it kind of doesn't exist anymore because BBC can't force girls to attend schedules

I'm sure there's going to be more from BBC I don't doubt it

I guess we will wait and see

• So,

1. Haseul, Yeojin, Yves, Olivia Hye, and Gowon already renegotiated their contract 1-2 years ago. Why the other 5 (Heejin, Kim Lip, Jinsoul, and Choerry, Chuu) didn't?

2. I suspect that the reason why Vivi and Hyunjin didn't sue BBC is because like the other 5, they already renegotiated their contract and kind of contend with it.

bbc prob sponsors vivi's visa since she is from hongkong

who's your favorite artist?

does it still exist?

so many more questions

Well

If they promote, they will promote as 7 (strangely 7 is my lucky number...)

i hope the other girls join BYM4 with Chuu, but we can only hope

and until the remaining 7 win their contracts then they are stuck until contract negations this year

unless they go to court again

i think within the next few months we will get to see more progress with the members

I read HaSeuls words a little bit ago and we Orbits will continue to be by thier side, Haseul shines like the phoenix she is :pepe-puddle:

1673608058-20230113-181855.jpg

• Sounds like the four girls that won the case no longer have a contract with BBC so they are free to go wherever they like. The other five that lost are stuck. Loona will prob be 7 now. I don't see BBC letting the other girls go... still a lot of debt that needs to be repaid I would imagine esp. after the failed comeback... I wonder how much more debt they accumulated from that?

to my knowledge what was granted and won was a temporary injunction not a complete breaking of the contract which is why I asked what I asked above...

technically as I understand it this situation (as it currently stands) is slightly different to say Omega X who recently got out of their contracts permanently

the injunction would prevent BBC from enforcing future obligations under the contract such as those members having to perform or work or whatever but existing obligations are still present???

• i hope the other girls join BYM4 with Chuu, but we can only hope

I hope not

I mean Chuu can be there but other 4 would be better to join big agency and then do it the same way Mamamoo does now, or 2PM

BY4M managing Chuu's personal schedule, but group schedules being under umbrella of big, well respected company

• shittt this is suckssss

umm, can Orbit pull a "paralel universe project" like wizone while boycotting?

like, continue the boycott but orbits keep piling up the money, and give it to them later on when they are fully free, to show that orbits are indeed still with them and care for them, it just bbc that needs to be f**ked off...

or I don't know....

still buy the next album but make it minimum?

like don't bulk buy it and 1 people only buy 1 album?

• to my knowledge what was granted and won was a temporary injunction not a complete breaking of the contract which is why I asked what I asked above...

technically as I understand it this situation (as it currently stands) is slightly different to say Omega X who recently got out of their contracts permanently

the injunction would prevent BBC from enforcing future obligations under the contract such as those members having to perform or work or whatever but existing obligations are still present???

I got this from the Nate article but it is translated to english. Not sure if the translation is right but ...

link

"According to the ruling, the four members who won the case were Heejin, Kim Lip, Jinsol, and Choi. Their contract with Blockberry Creative will end on this day. However, the five losing members, Haseul, Yeojin, Eve, Olibyhye, and Gowon, must maintain their existing contracts with their agencies. Among the members, Vivi and Hyunjin are reported not to have participated in this lawsuit. As a result, only 7 members remained with the agency."

• bbc prob sponsors vivi's visa since she is from hongkong

This reasoning is also confusing for me, being foreigner doesn't stop her from filing a lawsuit to BBC.
    And If her visa is ever get suspended because of the lawsuit, she can just apply another visa.
    I mean, it's not like she's going to get kicked out of SK the next day after she filed the lawsuit, because her visa would likely become invalid only after court decided to suspend her contract or her contract got canceled.

Also going home is much better than continue being BBC's slave at this point.

• maybe something would work

but i dont think any Orbit wants to give BBC any money

not even a penny

i wish we could've pirated the album in time

i would've loved to hear it :(

but its better if we never got it

for the girls sake

• I got this from the Nate article but it is translated to english. Not sure if the translation is right but ...

link

"According to the ruling, the four members who won the case were Heejin, Kim Lip, Jinsol, and Choi. Their contract with Blockberry Creative will end on this day. However, the five losing members, Haseul, Yeojin, Eve, Olibyhye, and Gowon, must maintain their existing contracts with their agencies. Among the members, Vivi and Hyunjin are reported not to have participated in this lawsuit. As a result, only 7 members remained with the agency."

oh that's slightly different from just a temporary injunction

hmmm...

• This thread contains 32 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!