How would you rate Newjeans, Ive, Aespa, Lesserafim, Gidle based on your taste?

• who is your favorite 95

1. New Jeans (18) 19%
    2. Ive (14) 15%
    3. Lesserafim (33) 35%
    4. Gidle (17) 18%
    5. Aespa (13) 14%

1. Ive

Really great songs. Something about them reminds me of Twice so much. But i feel like they just dont have amazing personalities like Twice

2. NewJeans

Really great songs but I dont have interest in the members

wall

3. Gidle

Good songs but I dont like Soyeons voice. And the fact that they lost a member makes me less interested in them

4. Lesserafim

I dont really like their music or find them interesting

5. Aespa

Their concept is cool but them as a group is very boring for me. idk why. Illusion was good tho

• StrawberryChaeng

Changed the title of the thread from “How would you rate Newjeans, Ive, Lesserafim, Gidle based on your taste?” to “How would you rate Newjeans, Ive, Aespa, Lesserafim, Gidle based on your taste?”.
  • so :

(1) aespa . my TOP GG . have an album of theirs (GIRLS kwangya ver.)

(2) LE SSERAFIM . they have nice music & ANTI-FRAGILE has been on my on repeat for sooo long & is one of my faves.

(3) NewJeans . they have such a fresh sound & literally gave me tingles when i listened to their songs. keep it up NewJeans : )

(4) IVE . they have good songs but idk After Like wasn't really my taste but def love their music!!! can't wait for that comeback : )

(5) (G)I-DLE . their music is nice but not really my taste. loved TOMBOY but Nxde wasn't really my thing but they have nice music

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• 1) aespa. Hyperpop & industrial tracks take a large portion of their discog and I listen to stuff like that alot. I've said this before but I've been waiting for a GG to attempt that sound for a while. Their concept is also very interesting and shows alot of potential. Their recent release was a miss imo (sans Girls, Lingo, Illusion) but they can bounce back I think. Only issue is that SM isn't giving enough variety content so I can't really judge them on that

2) Le Sserafim. Only group I ever stanned prior to debut. All amazing performers and their variety content is great and really funny. Plus their discography is amazing and I truly think they're Red Velvet's successors (musically anyway).

-GAP-

3) NewJeans. Members are a bit too young for me to really stan personally and MHJ kinda creeps me out but their discog so far is pretty good (though kinda basic compared to groups I mentioned above). Hype Boy was one of my most played KPOP songs last year. Their concept is cute. I still kinda have trouble telling certain members apart but that'll improve as they grow up I think

4 would be tied between GIDLE and IVE I guess??? Loved Eleven and LD from IVE but they lost me with After Like and I still don't think any of the non-IZ*ONE members really stand out. GIDLE have one of the best produced 4th gen albums for me (I burn and I was considering stanning them after that) but everything after that is kinda meh.

• 1) LE SSERAFIM - Rapidly became my #2 group - after Dreamcatcher.

2) NewJeans - Very cute and great potential.

3) (G)I-DLE - Last couple of releases since HWAA haven’t done much for me, but I still like them.

4) aespa - Even with Karina’s visuals, Ning Ning’s vocals, and SM’s marketing power behind them they could degenerate into the next f(x) if they aren’t given better material.

5) IVE - Sorry, but I don’t get it.

• 1.) IVE - IVE is my favorite. I just love the pop genre and of all the groups... IVE is really the only group that does pop music or closest to it.

2.) AESPA - I really don't like any of their title tracks, "mix" music really isn't my style. However...their b-sides are phenomal. It's good enough where I can comfortably put them on spot number 2 with just bsides alone.

3.) GIdle - Also not my style but because their discography is so large, there are enough songs I like to be able to put them in the 3rd spot but their concept overall isn't my style.

4.) New Jeans - It was between New Jeans and LSF. NJs style is too mellow, it's OK to listen but I don't find myself "loving" a song, it's just very ok throughout but also not bad so I can't count it against them.

5.) Le sserafim - They really don't have enough songs out to judge. I LOVE Fearless but I HATE the anti ti ti ti ti ti fragile fragile song, makes me want to claw out my ear drums, I hate how different Fearless was compared to it, I'd love to give them another chance on the next comeback to really judge.

• 1. IVE - Music the best, no daesang no opinion. Love the members. Gaeul is my wife

2. LSFM - Same, love the songs and members as well

3. (G)I-DLE - It's always about the music first, so IDLE gets my 3rd vote

4. aespa - I'll be honest, for 4th and 5th music wise I don't vibe with as much, in this case members takes priority Ningning is <3

5. NJs - Gonna some very controversial, I don't vibe with their 2 new songs like at all. I do listen to them but it's just existing. I can however see why people like them though because their concept is really well thought out

• I don't like any of them but the least tragic is le sserafim so I voted for them

:pepepizza:

Whoah...you consider New Jeans tragic? I thought their simple, non "experimental" music would appeal to your taste.

And why did you pick LSRFM as least tragic, do you prefer their music or performance skills over the others? Or was it their fanservice content?

Inquiring minds wanna know :pepe-hips:

• aespa obviously. I was blown away by them from debut.

Their concept, their talent, and now the members themselves are just becoming more and more precious to me.

2- Les serafim. They’re just the unexpectedly cannnot not fall into group. I feel like it hasn’t been that long since Sakura decided to sign up with source …etc so they must’ve had less training time than normal idk. But in contrary they feel like they trained for 10+ years together. They just fit well together and every member is showing effort. Besides their harmony as a group, I found Fearless good then the biggest bop for me anti fragile showed up.

I know they’re not mentioned but Nmixx too :lover1:

lt64IYu.gif

• 1. Aespa and Lesserafim = Musically both hit the jackpot musically with me, i like their aesthetic as a group, i like their group dynamic, i love their music title track & Bsides. To be honest i rarely see a groups who fit my vibe and taste so well

2. IVE = None of their members really interest me enough to get to know more better

Music wise i liked all their title track i even tried to listen to their bsides but none of them really catch my attention

3. Newjeans = Honestly i think they would be #2 if OMG wasn't released yet, i know people are praising their music and concept a lot but if i'm honest i don't find neither of their concept or music original or anything else to me it looks and sounds pretty basic but it don't change the fact that their discography slap, Hype boy is my most replay Kpop songs of last years, i'm streaming Ditto hard

The members are too young so i'm not interest in getting involve with the group more and aesthetic wise i'm less interest since they took a darker turn with ditto and OMG because i just don't think that these type of concept especially OMG is really fitting for them

4. G-idle = they are the most inconsistent GG music wise for me in the list, i love with all of my heart some of their songs like Tomboy, Oh my god and then i find some of their songs just very boring to the point i can't finish them like Hwaa and Nxude and i never find any of their bside who were fitted for my taste

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Whoah...you consider New Jeans tragic? I thought their simple, non "experimental" music would appeal to your taste.

And why did you pick LSRFM as least tragic, do you prefer their music or performance skills over the others? Or was it their fanservice content?

Inquiring minds wanna know :pepe-hips:

Their vocals are no bueno to my ears

I don't like le sserafim either but they seem like more of a full package I guess you could say

• I'm losing faith in humanity if LSFM doesn't win this. This is a controversial opinion but their short discography is already one of the best in kpop history along with b2st & BTS.

From great mermaid to blue flame, no celestial to impurities, sour grapes to antifragile. In my opinion, These 6 songs are enough that they're the most versatile GG in KPOP HISTORY overtaking Mamamoo. Yes, i have said it. Take it with a grain of salt.

• G-idle has my favorite 4th generation discography and I like their self-producing efforts.

Then, I like aespa sound but I find some of their b-sides a bit underwhelming.

I will go with NewJeans then and it’s almost only thank to Hype Boy.

Le Sserafim music generally suits my taste but I don’t often comeback to their songs.

I like one IVE song and it’s Love Dive.

8zf-yB.gif   

• Newjeans for me. I love every song. Really fresh music for me

I've then. Even though they are not on par with sistar when it comes to talent, their title tracks are addictive

Then gidle. Talented but hit and miss songs for me.

Don't care about other two

• Le Sserafim - I initially came in to support Sakura/Chaewon but I ended up loving the rest of the members just as much. They just......click together so well and are stupid entertaining. And Yunjin has my absolute respect as a talented musical artist and Bohemian soul. The girls all feel so real and passionate that I can't help but root for them the most. As for music: I was a bit disappointed in Fearless but I LOVE Antifragile. And a bunch of their B-sides are bops along with all of Yunjin's works. I hope Bang PD and 13 can stay on-track with giving them more bops for title tracks.

New Jeans - They actually have my favorite music overall in terms of pound-per-pound. Hype Boy and Ditto are part of my Top 3 for 2022. The girls are all cute and talented (specially Haerin) but I just don't jive 100% with their whole concept of "Young girls just having fun". I can't relate to it so I just mostly support the group for their amazing music (also Cookie never happened just saying)

IVE - They have some great music like Love Dive and Eleven but I was just Ok with After Like and I don't really like their B-sides that much (Royal, My Satisfaction). I support Yujin and Wonyoung but the other members of IVE haven't left that much of an impression on me tbh.

Aespa - I actually dislike most of their title tracks tbh (except for maybe Savage). It was always funny to me how Internationals hated Next Level until it suddenly blew up in Korea and then people changed their minds on it. Because I don't like their music, I don't have much interest in the group. And it also kinda feels weird to me how the group is treated like Karina/Winter + Others (at least it seems like it in Korea). The girls are talented singers though.

(G)I-dle - I really just have no interest in their music. I admit Soyeon is SUPER talented but I can't get myself to like her. Yuqi is amazing though and I love her. I don't have much to say about the rest of the members (although Miyeon seems nice).

• It came down to NewBeans and IVE as my favorite of the 4th gen groups and I think I'll give it to NewBeans just because Hype Boy was such an R&B bop. I'm not really into the group in terms of their members since I haven't watched a single variety or show with them. But they seems like sweet girls.

IVE has been good so far. Haven't checked out their b-sides but their title tracks have been solid. After Like and Eleven are above average. But Love Dive was one of my favorite songs from last year. Just like NewBeans I haven't really checked out anything with the members. I don't think I'll stan either group but will definitely check out the music.

Tiers below.

Aespa and GIDLE. I haven't liked anything GIDLE has put out since Hann. The only songs I like from Aespa are Forever and Dreams Come True, which funny enough were both remakes. I'll still check out their new releases.

Le Sserafim is a group I'll check out but have not liked a single thing they've put out.

• 1. Le Sserafim

- Discography is diverse (e.g. j-drama song to disney rock songs, r&b)

- Dynamic makes their content fun and chaotic reminding me of twice

- Serious in artistic and performance pursuit (e.g. members album tracks credits & Yunjin self-producing solo tracks - raise y_our glass, I ≠ doll)

- Nice choreography and look like they enjoy the stage

2. New Jeans

- Music is refreshing

- Members are creative, cute and relatable in tiktok (them mopping the floor after winning a music show :skull:)

- Interesting movie-like concept in their music videos which makes it feel like an art

- Fun choreography and bubbly

- Members involved in the lyrics

3. Aespa

- Vlog feels like a travel trip like in their sydney trip (reminds me of bp chemistry)

- Crazy sharp choreography with black mamba that blew me away even tho I didnt enjoy the song

- Great vocals esp Ning ning & rap abilities with Gisele

- Music not my taste but sm just needs to give them diff genre as tt to explore. If anything feels like sm is limiting them to some forced concept

- The whole ae concept isnt for me even if they are talented. Maybe if the members were in another concept and give me diff music I might have stan as they have the package

4. IVE

- Yujin is a moodmaker & rei is savage

- Talented rapper such as rei (e.g. self-written rap high) & Yujin feels under utilised and has more to show

- Enjoyed some tt like AL esp LD but their discography and music isnt for me

- Didnt enjoy their energy in their variety. Yujin carried most for me (e.g. the part they boo-ed Yujin & Yujin as usual being sneaky to win her game to complete her task)

- Choreography is not mind-blowing or interesting to rewatch

5. G-idle

- Other than soyeon I didnt find any of their members interesting enough. Ik minnie cos of Lisa

- K/DA is really the music and soyeon killed it. Her raps are chef kiss

- Serious in artistic pursuit similarly except the music is not my taste sadly. I give it to soyeon she’s really talented

- Idh any preferences to their music and not my taste

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

Edited 5 times, last by invstor099 ().

• Le Sserafim - I initially came in to support Sakura/Chaewon but I ended up loving the rest of the members just as much. They just......click together so well and are stupid entertaining. And Yunjin has my absolute respect as a talented musical artist and Bohemian soul. The girls all feel so real and passionate that I can't help but root for them the most. As for music: I was a bit disappointed in Fearless but I LOVE Antifragile. And a bunch of their B-sides are bops along with all of Yunjin's works. I hope Bang PD and 13 can stay on-track with giving them more bops for title tracks.

same lmao. fearless was disappointing but antifragile esp the b-sides and perf saved it

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• Le Sserafim first, Aespa right after that. Both groups are interesting in terms of concept and music. And I have at least one favorite in both groups. Newjeans and IVE have good music but I couldn't find any biases, there is no member that dragged me to the group, their concept didn't appeal to me either. Also I have to be a little picky, I don't have to be a fan of every group that releases good music. Although the music of Gidle is very diverse and of high quality, there are no members other than Soyeon that caught my attention and unfortunately I did not like the group chemistry.

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!