do you think more kpop groups should start releasing multiple title tracks at once like new jeans?

• idk if many (or any) groups can touch nj success but it could certainly increase their chances for scoring hits

thinking about some popular "bsides" from last years that could really benefit from having that tt push... ig it'd be great if this multiple tt tactics became a trend

on the other hand, this could be a disadvantage for groups from small companies who do not have resources and space to shoot mv and promote more than one single

• they can but the music should hit as well. Nj debuted with bops, good cinematography, styling, yes i am not gonna mention cookie but overall they debuted at the right time with well planned debut and fresh sound and concept

• yes but each TT that gets promotion costs $$$

I mean sure if a bside got the TT treatment it would do better in terms of charting and maybe even sales but at what cost?

one has to remember that MVs and performance videos don't come cheap - furthermore to my knowledge all the costs of music shows and the set and so forth are borne by the companies

it's a cost - benefit analysis that I'm sure most companies are more than aware of

• the only GG I recall release multi track
    before Newjeans
    is AOA with Excuse Me and Bing Bing on 2017

if they had a budget why not
    higher chance to win with multi release

they likely less chance to flop
    and more chance to hit
    with that strategy

that year AOA promote the title track with the most view or positive reaction/feedback
    Excuse Me get the most views

• yes but each TT that gets promotion costs $$$

I mean sure if a bside got the TT treatment it would do better in terms of charting and maybe even sales but at what cost?

one has to remember that MVs and performance videos don't come cheap - furthermore to my knowledge all the costs of music shows and the set and so forth are borne by the companies

it's a cost - benefit analysis that I'm sure most companies are more than aware of

yep thats why i said it is disadvantage for small companies

also isnt doing better in terms of charting and sales the whole point of doing promotions?

it goes hand in hand with getting exposure

• exactly

thats what i was thinking

higher chance to hit big!

oh now i remembr exo released monster and lucky one as double tt as well right?

• thats right especially when u think about how many kpop fans only listem to title tracks and never check anything else

its tragic

• thats right especially when u think about how many kpop fans only listem to title tracks and never check anything else

its tragic

Yeah, to be honest, this is me. I only check out b-sides of groups that I'm already a fan of. I admit I listened to Get Loud for the first time like a week ago and was like wow this is Twice's best song. I think the only album of theirs I fully listened to was their first one and I don't recall liking it that much.

• No. YG was doing that with their acts from 2015-2017. In most cases, only one song would get really big and the other would be ignored (see Daddy vs. Napal Baji and New Face vs. I Luv It).

• I honestly feel like it would be nice but also that it's more work on the idols. Idols can usually go by pretty well in promoting one title track per album/single but think about how much work is put into those. You not only have to record it but have to learn a choreography for it, practice it (a lot), promote it on music shows, and treat it as a title track.

New Jeans does it because it works for them. It probably won't work for every group, though...

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• there are groups that release track videos for a lot of the songs on their albums

new jeans isn't doing anything that new

but they capitalized on the fact people pay the most attention to MV/Music releases and really invested in that that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!