Trolls creating threads for shits & giggles

• If you want to troll to create shits & giggles and talk shit about every artist and fandom, that will not be tolerated and you will be banned.

The new rules are more relaxed for a purpose.. if you have an issue with a certain group or fandom, you can discuss it properly in a sophisticated way, or as sophisticatedly as possible. But just creating a ton of threads trashing every fandom will not be tolerated and you will be banned.

The entire purpose of making the rules more lax is to encourage more opinions and free speech regarding your feelings towards a certain artist, performance, or song... don't get the wrong idea that more laxed rules means total carnage.

For example:

This is ok:

"I think X artists latest release is really bad, because the concept is so strange, and the song is really forgettable, there is no catchy hook."

This has an actual reason why, and it's not out of hatred.. it's just a personal opinion, and that is fine.

This is not ok:

"I think X artists song is really bad because they aren't charting well and they are total flops, and they are ugly."

This is just shit stirring for no reason without any real reason and it won't create any "intellectual" discussions, conversations, or musical theory (unlikely but when it happens it's mind blowing) other than the fandom talking shit back to you. Which is probably what you wanted, but it will result in a ban.

TLDR: Don't create threads to stir shit, create threads that represent your actual feelings and opinions.

Note: If your actual feelings and opinions are just to stir shit, that doesn't count and you will be banned. Obviously, there are gray areas, but most of the users and staff are intelligent enough to determine where these threads and posts fall under.

• Yes... most people understand that and move on... but if someone is making a stupid thread like that it doesn't contribute or add any benefit to the users or the content on this forum.

Although there are those few that get triggered and bite onto that bait. Which is fine and they are entitled to do so, but when the entire OP topic is complete shit and garbage, it just creates unnecessary useless content.

I ultimately want the forums to be an informative place, where new fans of kpop can stumble upon to learn about artists or whatever they were searching for. But if the first thing they stumble upon is... BTS are flops because they are in the military... that is just some garbage content.

With that said, I need to clarify my stance on some of the absurd threads created lately about BTS. BTS aren't flops. They are the most successful kpop group to date and have achieved things no other group has ever been able to.

They deserve all of the praise and respect possible, they are and will always be legendary. But as someone who has been in the kpop industry since the mid 90's.. Personally, do I think it was great for the kpop industry? Yes and No... They made kpop a lot more recognized throughout the world, however, they destroyed kpop within the South Korean environment.

It's always nice to have a good amount of competition and rivalry, but they totally killed that. There was NO competition, NO rivalry at all. This is why KPOP has become boring for a lot of fans... no matter what they do or strive to do, it was hopeless. BTS going to the military and giving up the reigns is actually a life line and relief for the KPOP industry and for the managers, producers and ceo's .

I speak with them on a daily basis, and this is what everyone was waiting for, their exit. Because BTS had such a strong reign over kpop, there was no innovation or even room to create anything new. Everyone was honestly being choked out slowly. That is the truth behind the kpop industry, and now that BTS is finally letting go, we might see some new rivalry's and interesting things happen again in kpop. It is honestly a glorious time now, and we are all here to enjoy it.

• I ultimately want the forums to be an informative place, where new fans of kpop can stumble upon to learn about artists or whatever they were searching for

i actually discovered a bunch of girl groups i never would have if i hadn't stumbled upon this place

• Now you just sound extra guilty :eyes:

Got something to get off your conscience?

:pepe-devil:

Look... none of my staff are creating alt accounts to stir shit... I'm totally against this type of behavior, and if it's ever detected from the IP tracking, they would be removed immediately.

I know people love to make accusations, but that's something that will never be tolerated here. If they want to talk shit, it has to be on their own accounts.

• MY NUGU'S WILL THRIVE NOW

jk

but at least you're not allowing some of the disgusting things I've seen posted. :uh-uh-bunny:

NUGU's will never thrive, until they become non-nugu's... but I see your struggle and effort to make that happen. You might want to take different more marketable approaches to it though, you might see some more success then ;-)

• i actually discovered a bunch of girl groups i never would have if i hadn't stumbled upon this place

Tbh, i learned most of what i know about kpop here. I found the forums after actively searching for more information on kpop when i fell in love BB and wanted to discover other groups. I loved hearing other people's opinions about the music, the culture surrounding kpop, and the fan experience. I still do. That's why i mostly hang out in the main even though I'm in a guild and also why i usually make threads that fans of any group and participate in.

• Look... none of my staff are creating alt accounts to stir shit... I'm totally against this type of behavior, and if it's ever detected from the IP tracking, they would be removed immediately.

I know people love to make accusations, but that's something that will never be tolerated here. If they want to talk shit, it has to be on their own accounts.

I'm just being facetious

:iconpepe:

• Tbh, i learned most of what i know about kpop here. I found the forums after actively searching for more information on kpop when i fell in love BB and wanted to discover other groups. I loved hearing other people's opinions about the music, the culture surrounding kpop, and the fan experience. I still do. That's why i mostly hang out in the main even though I'm in a guild and also why i usually make threads that fans of any group and participate in.

i appreciate your threads. just wanted to say that

• NUGU's will never thrive, until they become non-nugu's... but I see your struggle and effort to make that happen. You might want to take different more marketable approaches to it though, you might see some more success then ;-)

yes teach me Johnny Senpai how do i properly promote my 50billion nugus lol

• I'm just being facetious

:iconpepe:

I get it, but you also facepalmed what I'm saying about BTS.

You need to understand, I love BTS and what they have done for KPOP. In fact, I'm a huge fan of Jungkook, I think the guy is the coolest kpop star to have ever been born... but when I speak about the industry, it's good and bad.

They are amazing that they brought so much attention to kpop, but then there was no substance behind the kpop industry behind BTS... that was the problem with the industry growing and becoming a mainstay.

As someone who has been working behind the scenes in this industry and assisting to build it for the past 20 years... it's scary.

• I got nothing to add in terms of discussing about BTS and the Kpop industry since this thread was not created for that and my initial comment is just talking about the level of severity and how tolerable I am towards such threads.

and with that said I'm glad that you are readdressing and reaffirming the rules of the forums

lets see how it goes :thumbup:

• Wait, who you calling nugu?!?!?

Flexes my million seller solo husband....

THAT AIN'T FAIR.....HE DOESN'T COUNT....

get him outta here we gotta start fresh

you like xeed? Let's plant some greeny seeds in people

god no nevermind i'm done i can't

• I don’t know about the take on BTS. Did they really stop other companies from being innovative with the direction of their artists? BTS rose from nothing. What stopped another group from another company finding their own sound and their own audience. If we look at The Beatles and the Stones, both groups had a healthy rivalry and had their own sound and fans. They didn’t stop the emergence of The Who. I don’t think BTS stopped other bands from becoming popular. Maybe other companies are responsible for their own failures trying to build the next BTS and not showcasing their groups with their own strengths and unique sound. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense. Rambling at 3am

• Ever since they announced the fandom name, i keep getting targeted ads for canine dental hygiene products.

:pepe-shame:

I've been following Xeed since Doha was announced which was like almost a year...get so excited for them to debut only to get the fandom name Greeny I'm so sad lol every time i see them post a little sprout i want to cry lol

• I don’t know about the take on BTS. Did they really stop other companies from being innovative with the direction of their artists? BTS rose from nothing. What stopped another group from another company finding their own sound and their own audience. If we look at The Beatles and the Stones, both groups had a healthy rivalry and had their own sound and fans. They didn’t stop the emergence of The Who. I don’t think BTS stopped other bands from becoming popular. Maybe other companies are responsible for their own failures trying to build the next BTS and not showcasing their groups with their own strengths and unique sound. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense. Rambling at 3am

It makes perfect sense.

:pepe-toast:

• Sorry but I don't think "cause when we jumping and popping We jopping" was gonna do it for the masses

Reality is 90% of kpop is cringe, stale, and unoriginal

Very true. The lyrics were incredibly bad but damn that was an expensive gorgeous MV.

• This thread contains 99 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!