[enter-talk] AFTER WATCHING 'THE GLORY', I HATE HYUNJIN EVEN MORE

• [enter-talk] AFTER WATCHING 'THE GLORY', I HATE HYUNJIN EVEN MORE

(T/n: plot of 'The Glory' : Years after surviving horrific abuse in high school, a woman puts an elaborate revenge scheme in motion to make the perpetrators pay for their crimes.)

AVvXsEhlZBh9tXkv0cXG3y_ra6YUCtQuxoobp7ATWhOqYEso41uFByqJqYxAqa86V9pxmPqa53WgnhXdELIhBUfD22VX7B3t8MY7RDhUnAwjekUD-y3DzNRfcFX47pXwv0W3G_kX45-2J9EZdg8VgbGBUWe6btQqzaEACX3DbbljXpKorWXIvA0Z0QC4umXT=w480-h640

Withdraw already. I even hate seeing Stray Kids

post response:
    [+1,055][-104]
    original post: here

1. [+311, -24]
    Wow the shields are freaking amazing. I'm jealous at his life, he gets shields even after committing school violence. He doesn't even get kicked out and has a bunch of fangirlsㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+282, -16]
    All school violence is school violence. Who are you to judge whether something was school violence-level or not? I just hate seeing anyone who committed school violence promoting

3. [+207, -15]
    Seeing people talking about assessing situations is appallingㅋㅋ Then why did Garam who fought back against her friend got so much hate that she was kicked out?

4. [+145, -12]
    Even after watching The Glory, Hyunjin's fans ares still shielding him. I hope that your kid gets bullied like the main character in that drama

5. [+75, -5]
    Seo Soojin and Kim Garam both got kicked out but ㅠㅠ I bet that Hwang Hyunjin will make at least 3.8 billion won by the middle of this year from his solo activities alone

6. [+50, -141]
    What are you saying? You're comparing him fighting among friends to that drama? F*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[enter-talk] AFTER WATCHING 'THE GLORY', I HATE HYUNJIN EVEN MORE
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• Tbh while bullying existed I was privileged enough that it wasn’t as severe as shown in Glory. And since I actually don’t know how severe it gets in Korea I always choose not to comment on their bullying related reactions cuz I can never gauge if it’s justified or if it’s an over reaction lol.

But if it’s anything like glory well. That’s scary af.

• The Glory is a work of fiction and the drama's biggest flaw is the overuse of flashback scenes of the violent abuses - it's triggering and so I can understand why the K-netizens are all riled up. The bullies in the drama never acknowledged their wrong doing and never apologized. However, fiction is one thing and facts are the other.

I don't know enough about Hyunjin's case or to what extent re his actions of bullying (so please correct me if I am wrong or not informed enough), but didn't he admit his wrong, apologize, went on hiatus, and then came back? Unless I remember the wrong case - in the end did his victims accept his apology??? If they did, then what more do Netizens want? Now if his apology wasn't accept...then the drama continues...

• The Glory is a work of fiction and the drama's biggest flaw is the overuse of flashback scenes of the violent abuses - it's triggering and so I can understand why the K-netizens are all riled up. The bullies in the drama never acknowledged their wrong doing and never apologized. However, fiction is one thing and facts are the other.

I don't know enough about Hyunjin's case or to what extent re his actions of bullying (so please correct me if I am wrong or not informed enough), but didn't he admit his wrong, apologize, went on hiatus, and then came back? Unless I remember the wrong case - in the end did his victims accept his apology??? If they did, then what more do Netizens want? Now if his apology wasn't accept...then the drama continues...

there were lots of things going on actually. Take it with a grain of salt, Hyunjin was also a victim of bullying by his classmates. There was a screenshot where some anonymous users were harassing him and talking about his girlfriend. So obviously this 14 or 15 year old edgy teenager wont like such stuff and he fought back by calling them names and stuff. So it can be said that he actually had toxic fights with his classmates who were as toxic as him. But the ppl who accused him never shared that if they were toxic with him too cz obviously they wont. Other classmates in his school also said he actually is a nice person. Even his teacher came forward and said the whole class was toxic and hj somehow became their part. The fights happened from both sides but hj got the attention cz he's a celebrity and public's product. He has to do things to please the public and of course whatever his company tells him to do. We couldnt hear his side cz they didnt let him. And haters took it as an advantage to hate on him and make him look like some awful human being to fit their narrative.

• there were lots of things going on actually. Take it with a grain of salt, Hyunjin was also a victim of bullying by his classmates. There was a screenshot where some anonymous users were harassing him and talking about his girlfriend. So obviously this 14 or 15 year old edgy teenager wont like such stuff and he fought back by calling them names and stuff. So it can be said that he actually had toxic fights with his classmates who were as toxic as him. But the ppl who accused him never shared that if they were toxic with him too cz obviously they wont. Other classmates in his school also said he actually is a nice person. Even his teacher came forward and said the whole class was toxic and hj somehow became their part. The fights happened from both sides but hj got the attention cz he's a celebrity and public's product. He has to do things to please the public and of course whatever his company tells him to do. We couldnt hear his side cz they didnt let him. And haters took it as an advantage to hate on him and make him look like some awful human being to fit their narrative.

So, what's the difference between Garam fighting over her friend, whose inappropriate photos are taken without their knowledge, and his fighting with people who talk bad about his girlfriend? The difference is that he hasn't been disciplined, right? He apologized to the others after all the things had exploded, not before that.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

The Glory bullying scenes were based off a real incident that happened in 2006

• So, what's the difference between Garam fighting over her friend, whose inappropriate photos are taken without their knowledge, and his fighting with people who talk bad about his girlfriend? The difference is that he hasn't been disciplined, right? He apologized to the others after all the things had exploded, not before that.

Both cases are very different, I can get into the nuances of what differs each case from another and how It doesn't make sense at all to bring Garam up, but the most important is that they were handled differently.

Garam and her agency fought, initially, for her innocence and said she and her friend were actually the victim and it made the alleged victim set layers so It dragged the case longer. Hyunjin recognized his wrongdoings (cause, regardless of being mutual or not, he was also in the wrong for being mean), apologized and was accepted, so both were able to move on quickly. That's why both endings are different.

I suppose It was probably his choice to end the chapter, cause JYP managed another bullying scandal in the same year and the idol fought to prove innocence with the agency's support.

• Both cases are very different, I can get into the nuances of what differs each case from another and how It doesn't make sense at all to bring Garam up, but the most important is that they were handled differently.

Garam and her agency fought, initially, for her innocence and said she and her friend were actually the victim and it made the alleged victim set layers so It dragged the case longer. Hyunjin recognized his wrongdoings (cause, regardless of being mutual or not, he was also in the wrong for being mean), apologized and was accepted, so both were able to move on quickly. That's why both endings are different.

I suppose It was probably his choice to end the chapter, cause JYP managed another bullying scandal in the same year and the idol fought to prove innocence with the agency's support.

I wonder if Hyunjin would have gotten away if there had been a disciplinary action?..

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I wonder if Hyunjin would have gotten away if there had been a disciplinary action?..

Look, It's hard to picture a situation where he would be punished, because JYPE investigaved and he wasn't seen as bully by the higher authority, the teachers and some classmates at school, so the vision differs from the accusations and they couldn't reach a conclusion If there was bullying or not. The only teacher who spoke up publicly in a Naver article said he was as problematic as the other kids in his class.

There are two options:

1. The bullying was well hidden and only Hyunjin, alleged victims and acquaitances knew;

2. There was never bullying and they were just being toxic to each other. But only one version was brought up.

I don't buy any version, cause I don't know any of them personally, including Hyunjin. So people believe in what they want to believe.

I can just say concretly how It was solved and what the alleged victims said, cause It was publiced. More than that I can't tell you.

• This thread was 100% made by a bitter loser Moa who is mad that Hyunjin is the 4th gen it-boy.

Also what Hyunjin did is BARELY bullying, he just argued with some girls and replied meanly to people who were trolling him online on that ask.fm site and now he is being branded a bully......pathetic you are all.

• The Glory bullying scenes were based off a real incident that happened in 2006

The inspiration was from a real case but the drama is still a work of fiction. I hope the writer ask the victims for their permission to adapt the case too. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be for them to see their bullying being screen around the world. I had to fast forward all the bulky scenes after ep 1 - it was just too much.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!