Clout chasing is even prevalent amongst monks nowadays

• RM has also deleted the temple pictures from his Instagram.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is just sad and uncalled for. Many folks would have thought that he gave the interview willingly when in actuality it was a private conversation that was sold out to news outlets.

This conversation and news was picked and used by multiple new outlets. Fans should not give the interview and photos any more attention.

D2581B46-D27A-4552-BA9D-CF762991EFBD.jpeg

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “Clout chasing doesn’t even stop monks nowadays” to “Clout chasing is even prevalent amongst monks nowadays”.
  • I’m really annoyed about this, tbh, because I felt quite happy that he’d gone to some sort of sacred space for quiet and contemplation, but now it seems the bloody monks of all people sold him out!

I am mostly annoyed at myself though, because I should have twigged that no decent monk would be discussing their conversation.

• I’m really annoyed about this, tbh, because I felt quite happy that he’d gone to some sort of sacred space for quiet and contemplation, but now it seems the bloody monks of all people sold him out!

I am mostly annoyed at myself though, because I should have twigged that no decent monk would be discussing their conversation.

How true. It’s fucking disgusting. This Monk probably sold RM’S private thoughts and words to the highest bidder/news media outlet.

• Nah guys - I am not surprised. Members of organized religion are not living the principles they preach, including in Buddhism.

In Thailand, we have bad Buddhist monks doing all kinds of criminal and attention seeking activities too. Like from starting cults, doing ceremonies and fortune telling for $, and drugs - all terrible things.

Having said that, there are still good monks - they are rare and wouldn’t be on social media or talking to the press for the most part unless it was something to do with teaching Buddhism or charity stuff.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Monks is now trending on Twitter

External Content twitter.com

it seems that monk himself is attached to a media company BBS ( they were the first ones to break the news)

• Yes this guy needs to get kicked out of the temple. As a Korean myself this is beyond disgusting for one our nation is very religious. Two your faith leaders are usually people trust to confide in or seek guidance or wisdom be it in regards to your faith be it Christianity or anything else. Your conversations with them are supposed to be sacred and private not talked about with anyone. This action does a huge disservice to religion as people usually seek it out when they are at their most vulnerable point. The last thing you want is to question if the church is going to betray you. This idiot Monk wanted his 5 mins of fame at what cost?

This could have irreparable consequences not just for Namjoon but others who witnessed this who might be in much different situations than him and may not have the resources to seek alternatives. The damage from this can potentially be quite serious for him as an individual as a institution you are supposed to trust has harmed you.

same, the convo was all over my tl this morning and I didnt think that it was leaked w/o his permission that monk and the news people are fcked up

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• I guess the reporters went to the temple he visited based on his ig posts. The media really have been snooping a lot of info regarding the members. First they leak Jin's enlistment, now this.

• Man, BTS has stopped doing legit press conference for their album release also maybe partly bc so many questions are uncalled for (baiting their thoughts abt enlistment/exemption) but to have their “trusted” people selling such infos to the media is really really low.

I came across the article yesterday and thought “oh what a wise answer” and thought maybe they gave the info due to the high sensibility in his answer but then it turns out the monk sold the info out.. feel bad for BTS. There’s a reason why members are as secretive as they are and I hope they find peace.

• I guess the reporters went to the temple he visited based on his ig posts. The media really have been snooping a lot of info regarding the members. First they leak Jin's enlistment, now this.

imo regarding Jin’s training location, sadly it’s been such a norm for kmedia to inform the public (about celebrity’s training base) because usually fans will send them off / it’s a crowded sendoff. It’s sadly a tradition that has happened for decades, but BIGHIT tried to respect the Seokjin’s wishes and tried to prevent this to happen. Doesnt make the practice right, but the media prob just told ppl bc “it’s the norm anw”. Fcked up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!