My theory about OMG / Share yours

• I feel like OMG is about the kpop stars themselves. all 5 of them are the faces a star can have. the people pleaser/front persona/the fake image they must keep as clean as possible (Hanni), the performer/artist conscious of what is happening artisticaly and in reality (Dani), the kitten or the unique identity they crafted to build their image and get known(Hearin), the princess syndrome or ego inflation that can comme with celebrity (Hyien), the core child persona(the real self) and the one in charge of them all (Minji being both of them as if she was the leader of all personas). All within the same person, here a kpop star. I think OMG is a song and a mv about identity, specifically as a kpop star.

All this faces make that person mentally unstable. Thus the mental hospital. I feel like this hospital is a symbole of the madness of being a celebrity. And how it can lead to psychological pathologies. The friction of all this personas or faces coexisting within one person.

And it's not only a place where they can heal but a place that might actually fuel their madness or even be the starting point.

As we can see the places transition from the school to a party to a mental hospital like they were not that different places in itself.

In the school they are the subject of admiration by a fan, when they are dancing they are perfoming in the muscial scene and then they are dancing in the hospital, as if these two previous places lead them to this place of insanity. All realities linked together.

In the end, the mv even touches the subject of faceless online haters who are just as ill as those celebrities. Which is in many cases pretty true.

In conclusion this mv which looks pretty wtf in the first place is actually a short musical film about the condition of being a kpop star.

While in Ditto side A and B we were in the mind of a fan, here in OMG we are in the mind of the celebrity. Turning it into a sort of 15 min short film about kpop in a pretty moving, sharp, dreamy, quirky and critical take.

What do you think? :/

please share your theories... :eyes:

Ps: Ditto/OMG feels like a prelude to Attention/Hype boy/Cookie. Like a slip in time. The origin.

• yeah that seems to be the leading theory floating out there. i kinda think that when Danielle was desperately trying to remind the other girls of who she thinks they really are, which is nwjns, that she might actually be telling the truth and they're all there in the hospital against their will getting fed pills to mess with their head. kinda like what happened to britney spears

• yeah that seems to be the leading theory floating out there. i kinda think that when Danielle was desperately trying to remind the other girls of who she thinks they really are, which is nwjns, that she might actually be telling the truth and they're all there in the hospital against their will getting fed pills to mess with their head. kinda like what happened to britney spears

being fed pills sounds too outlandish to me. I think Danielle speaking the truth is meant to juxtapose how strange the 'truth' of being a pop star sounds, compared to other strange delusions. I don't think it's as plot-driven as people think it is either, it's surreal by design

• being fed pills sounds too outlandish to me. I think Danielle speaking the truth is meant to juxtapose how strange the 'truth' of being a pop star sounds, compared to other strange delusions. I don't think it's as plot-driven as people think it is either, it's surreal by design

that could very well be the case. i also kinda think that the whole mv was just about the origin story for this dude who is a korean webtoon writer and popular streamer on youtube

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that could very well be the case. i also kinda think that the whole mv was just about the origin story for this dude who is a korean webtoon writer and popular streamer on youtube

Wut? :/ Never heard of it until now :eyes:

i personally felt Ditto/OMG is like a prelude to Attention/Hype boy/Cookie. Like the origins of NJ. This comback is like a slip in time...

Well Dani seems to be the only on half conscious of what is going on there even going behind the scenes. While the others are stuck in their roles. :/

• Wut? :/ Never heard of it until now :eyes:

i personally felt Ditto/OMG is like a prelude to Attention/Hype boy/Cookie. Like the origins of NJ. This comback is like a slip in time...

you didn't see his cameo in the mv? it was near the end. he picked up nwjns' notepad and then his imagination started going crazy which makes sense given his profession

• you didn't see his cameo in the mv? it was near the end. he picked up nwjns' notepad and then his imagination started going crazy which makes sense given his profession

Oh i see. So maybe that means that NJ and all their characters are actually a work of fiction? That all these personas are not real. Except that they lead the core child Minji persona to insanity through the fact of being a kpop star. :/

• Oh i see. So maybe that means that NJ and all their characters are actually a work of fiction? That all these personas are not real. Except that they lead the core child Minji persona to insanity through the fact of being a kpop star. :/

i like your perspective on that. i also like that a lot of fans are probably gonna drive themselves insane trying to figure the mv out and ironically end up in the same place the girls were

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!