It will be NewJeans vs BabyMonster for sure

• I know baby monsters dont even have shown us a single thing

BUT the numbers that they already pulled on sns/subscribers/trending positions make them a serious contender

I think they way they are hyped and people have been waiting for them indicates that they will habe power.

Not only do they have 2 of the most powerful groups as their sunbae but they are indeed going for the battle of yg vs. Hybe round 2

• Yg needs to seriously fuck up like jyp and give this group nmixx’s tier of music for them to fail, otherwise the music just needs to be decent and this group will definitely be big big at the very worst, that i can say for certain. Not sure what the ceiling for them will be but that’s the case with every top rookie gg rn tbf

• Yg needs to seriously fuck up like jyp and give this group nmixx’s tier of music for them to fail, otherwise the music just needs to be decent and this group will definitely be big big at the very worst, that i can say for certain. Not sure what the ceiling for them will be but that’s the case with every top rookie gg rn tbf

Idc what anyone says about yg managing their ggs

But they do something correctly so that Blackpink still has not reached their memonetum and back then 2ne1 were soooo big

• My 2023 predictions (GG):

• YG's gg will break many records and will easily take the ROTY spot
    • NMIXX is going to have a phoenix year where they rise from the ashes. It won't be a HUGE song but it will be bigger than anything they previously released
    • NewJeans and LSRF will continue to be strong contenders. One of the two will be in the running for SOTY at the end of 2023
    • Baemon v. NewJeans will be the new rivalry. They will constantly be compared
    • A girl group from either a reality show or a random moment will go viral and will be the dark horse.
  • Baby Monster teaser has been trending #2 on YouTube in South Korea for 2 days.

SK is certainly hyping them, not just Kpop fans.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I think Baemon can put up huge Ive/NJ type numbers for their debut if they either have a hit song that Korea falls in love with or they have a big stan attractor or two (Jennie, Minji, Wonyoung level) that Korea falls in love with.

YGE name and hype alone won't do it. Look what happened to poor NMIXX, their song flopped and no one stood out enough for Korea to take notice.

• My 2023 predictions (GG):

• YG's gg will break many records and will easily take the ROTY spot
    • NMIXX is going to have a phoenix year where they rise from the ashes. It won't be a HUGE song but it will be bigger than anything they previously released
    • NewJeans and LSRF will continue to be strong contenders. One of the two will be in the running for SOTY at the end of 2023
    • Baemon v. NewJeans will be the new rivalry. They will constantly be compared
    • A girl group from either a reality show or a random moment will go viral and will be the dark horse.

I love it and i know i deserve it

• I think Baemon can put up huge Ive/NJ type numbers for their debut if they either have a hit song that Korea falls in love with or they have a big stan attractor or two (Jennie, Minji, Wonyoung level) that Korea falls in love with.

YGE name and hype alone won't do it. Look what happened to poor NMIXX, their song flopped and no one stood out enough for Korea to take notice.

I think that is what differences yg and jyp

Yg has a good eye for taking a look at who should debut and who shouldn‘t

Look at somi and yuns situation, we clearly see who should have debuted but jyp was blind

• People said the same about Nmixx.

• Something is telling me that newjeans will dominate korea while baemon will achieve great success internationally. Nj has a potential to be big outside korea as well, but their concept and the complexity of their lore/storyline can be a barrier for western local peeps to like them. YG's very root (hiphop, their edgy, cool and untouchable image) has always been the most marketable in other parts of the world. It's one of the main reasons why Blackpink was able to penetrate the western market the way they did. The composition of baemon members alone (nationalities) can already secure a strong/decent fandom outside korea, now what YG has to do is to give them catchy songs and they will hit BIG. If they manage to become smarter than that and actually give the girls an attractive and not-so-used 4th gen concept (like the 90s hiphop?), I'd be afraid of what babymonster can achieve.

Edited once, last by Haruuu04 ().

• Something is telling me that newjeans will dominate korea while baemon will achieve great success internationally. Nj has a potential to be big outside korea as well, but their concept and the complexity of their lore/storyline can be a barrier for western local peeps to like them.

This in an interesting take but you do know that newjeans already charted in BBHot100 two songs simultaneously which only be done by BTS and Blackpink before. So newjeans already taken the US by storm (chartwise). I think globally they are doing very well too. Bunnies can help me on this, I only remember the Hot100 one because it’s rare.

• Newjeans the hottest GG this early 2023
    ( I'm worried about my favorite IVE could they match the current popularity of Newjeans?)
    for now I wanted someone block Newjeans hot streak
    the perfect match for them

is the upcoming GG Baby Monster with all teens lineup, girl crush? and YG BP sister

I wanted to debut Baby Monster now
    before my bias IVE comeback this 2023

• I think it’s very easy to think NJ is where they are just due to being a new 4th gen group, but it’s 100% due to music quality and then filling a lane of GG that wasn’t really being done (or done well).

I doubt baby monsters is gonna be able to find a new lane rn, so that means their music has to be impeccable. And honestly i don’t expect impeccable music from anyone, even groups who consistently release good songs stumble sometimes, so i had a hard time putting faith in YG that their debut song will change things.

NJ also had viral marketing with their bag released for their album.

So i guess my point is, i doubt YG will be able to pull off great marketing, find a unique lane for BM, and release a flawless song. I might eat my words tho ;judgingpepe:

• Something is telling me that newjeans will dominate korea while baemon will achieve great success internationally. Nj has a potential to be big outside korea as well, but their concept and the complexity of their lore/storyline can be a barrier for western local peeps to like them. YG's very root (hiphop, their edgy, cool and untouchable image) has always been the most marketable in other parts of the world. It's one of the main reasons why Blackpink was able to penetrate the western market the way they did. The composition of baemon members alone can already secure a strong/decent fandom outside korea, now what YG has to do is to give them catchy songs and they will hit BIG. If they manage to become smarter than that and actually give the girls an attractive and not-so-used 4th gen concept (like the 90s hiphop?), I'd be afraid of what babymonster can achieve.

newjeans is doing great in international. Both ditto and OMG is doing well on spotify, not just high position, but also longevity and stability. Even OMG just reached a new peak. I think OMG can end up as a bigger hit than Ditto because of its longevity. And they're still charting on Spotify USA too. They're so stable there and it's insane. It shows how people love newjeans. They don't have the potential to be big outside Korea, because they are already BIG right now

• Hybe is the biggest company rn and I don’t think they’ll fail newjeans in only fking 6 months they break bbhot100 even nct can’t do that that’s how big theyre.

And not only that their songs are very easy to listen I don’t think some group gonna stop them

• yg IS NOT gonna put that money in bm

like they got yt views so far which seem cheaper than spotify but if yg didnt do all that for treasure they wont do it for a gg

nobody can compete with hybe money that way

YG is always so stingy, his groups make him billions but he doesn't give a fuck about managing his group properly, and wastes so much potential

• I don't think the Spotify playlists cost that much. No one in kpop has done it before, because if a song is great, it will take off organically anyway.

As another poster posted NJ will continue to do great in Korea. But since NJ/Ive/StayC are teen SClub7/AKB concepts, they wont take off internationally. BM which I assume is light hiphop may.

• NJ's momentum isn't going away anytime soon. They had an epic cultural reset debut, which happens only once every decade or so. We'll have to wait and see if the rest of the 4th gen ggs can match OMG era numbers and stability. By that time, NJ should be even further ahead. I believe Baemon can compete with them, but NJ music's longevity will be difficult to overcome at the moment.

• I think so too, but this guy does make alot of sense about BM taking the helm.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, all depends on their group concept and their debut song & MV.

For now BM girls have pretty good vocal diversity just like NMIXX and (G)I-DLE + 2 rappers so I'm looking forward to BM.

• Well guys I was curious what "Hot 100" actually means so I looked it up and it said it was a combination of radio play, sales, and streaming, that would mean a k-pop group entered the U.S. Hot 100 with no radio play, and the other 2 metrics alone. I wonder if B

I didn't even know there was a bag version

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!