***BIGBANG'S GD renews with YG, Taeyang moves to Teddy's THEBLACKLABEL

• To me this is a move to further strengthen THEBLACKLABEL as it moves to go public next year.

YG is looking for THEBLACKLABEL to be as successful as YGPlus has been since going public and expanding.

A lot of people don't realize that even though TBL is known more to house producers...it has artists, actors, models and...yes, trainess and they'll debut groups...much like YGE and YGPlus.

THEBLACKLABEL also just hired a young CEO who has had success in gaming and is a successful venture capitalist. Who's been hired specifically to attract investment.

This may be one of the biggest IPOs in entertainment in a while.

I look for YGE and Naver (and Taeyang maybe?) to get preferred stock when THEBLACKLABEL goes public.

The Fact

Big Bang's Taeyang leaves YG and moves to The Black Label "Family remains the same"

20229811672030007_20221226135005277.jpg?type=w430view original

Taeyang, a member of the group Big Bang, has moved to The Black Label, a company affiliated with YG Entertainment. /Provided by YG Entertainment

Group Big Bang's Taeyang leaves YG Entertainment and heads to The Black Label.

On the afternoon of the 26th, YG Entertainment (hereafter referred to as YG) announced, “Taeyang has been promoted as an artist belonging to The Black Label, a company affiliated with YG.”

At the same time, he emphasized, "There is no change in the fact that Taeyang is a member of YG's family and BIGBANG. We know that many people are waiting for BIGBANG's activities, so we will work together."

Taeyang, who debuted as a member of Big Bang in 2006, received a lot of love while performing group activities and releasing various hit songs. BIGBANG has been together at YG for 16 years,but they have recently moved to different places. First of all, in February, T.O.P announced the expiration of his exclusive contract with YG and separately and together. Next, although Taeyang is also a related company, he plans to continue his activities under an agency other than YG.

The Black Label is a label established in 2016 by Teddy, YG's main producer and one-time member of the group. In addition to Taeyang, singers Zion.T and Jeon Somi belong to the group.

<The following is the full text of the agency's position>

Hello, this is YG ENTERTAINMENT.

We would like to inform you that BIGBANG Taeyang will be active as an artist under The Black Label, a YG-affiliated company. We are truly happy to be able to deliver the news of Taeyang's new start.

There is no change in the fact that he is a family member of YG and a member of Big Bang. We know that many people are waiting for BIGBANG's activities, so we will work together to achieve this.

thank you

UPDATE: GD renews with YG

[Exclusive] The Black Label Gan Taeyang… BIGBANG GD stays with YG

[Spotify News=Reporter Jang Jin-ri] While Big Bang's Taeyang leaves YG Entertainment (hereafter referred to as YG) and moves to The Black Label, G-Dragon remains at YG.

According to Spotify News coverage on the 26th, G-Dragon will continue to work as an artist under YG.

On this day, YG announced the termination of the exclusive contract with Taeyang. As Taeyang, who had been with YG for over 20 years since he was 13 years old, left YG and joined The Black Label, attention was also focused on the future of G-Dragon, who was the same age as him and was a member of Big Bang.

In particular, since there have been rumors of YG contract termination and transfer rumors about G-Dragon's whereabouts, more attention was drawn to him.

Unlike Taeyang, GD remains at YG and continues his activities. GD and YG, who have been together for over 20 years, have a very strong trust, and they have already confirmed their trust in each other.

The form of the contract has not been decided in the future, but GD is expected to continue his activities as an artist under YG and continue discussions in a family-like relationship.

Expectations are also high for Big Bang's activities. T.O.P, who left YG earlier, said, "I will join BIGBANG's activities whenever the conditions are right." Taeyang also said that YG is "still a member of BIGBANG" and "will continue to work hard for BIGBANG's activities", even after the agency changes. Expectations are growing whether he will be able to play an active role as YG's representative artist.

<Copyright holder ⓒ SPOTV NEWS. Unauthorized copying and redistribution prohibited>

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 7 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• This is from October....

Seoul Economic Daily

Seoul Economic Daily

[Exclusive] Jung Kyung-in, former CEO of Pearl Abyss, becomes the head of YG Teddy's 'The Black Label'

Input 2022.10.16. 5:08 p.m.

Reporter Seok Ryu

Return to the entertainment industry 6 months after leaving Pearl Abyss appoint The Black Label CEO at the board of directors meeting this month

VC judge, CEO of a listed company with market capitalization of 9 trillion, strength

of 'corporate value of 300 billion'

0004110647_001_20221016220519429.jpeg?type=w430view original

[Seoul Economic Daily]

Former CEO Jeong Kyung-in ( pictured ) , who took a break from in March of this yearPearl Abyss ( 263750 ) returns as the head of a domestic entertainment company. The next destination is The Black Label, founded by YG Entertainment's representative producer (producer) Park Hong-joon (US name: Teddy). It will oversee the listing process. According to the investment banking ( IB ) industry on the

16th , The Black Label recruited Jeong Kyung-in, former CEO of Pearl Abyss, and is seeking large-scale investment. It is known that Chung Kyung-in, the black label CEO-nominee, has already started working at The Black Label from this month and is learning the job. He will be inaugurated as the official representative director sooner or later after a board of directors resolution.

CEO-nominee Jeong Kyung-in graduated from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Seoul National University and worked as an investment reviewer at LB Investment, a large domestic venture capital ( VC ) . During her time at LB Investment, she had a relationship with Pearl Abyss as an investor, and was hired as the CEO of Pearl Abyss in 2016 . Since stepping down as CEO of Pearl Abyss in March, she has also served as an advisor at the real estate startup Jikbang.

The Black Label is an entertainment agency jointly established by CEO Park and YG Entertainment in 2016 . CEO Park is an artist who debuted in 1990 with the hip-hop group One Time, and is also a star producer who nurtured Big Bang, 2NE1 , and Blackpink. The Black Label's main businesses include producing albums, nurturing new artists, and managing actors. Representative artists include Zion.T and Jeon So-mi. Last year, it recorded sales of 10.4 billion won and operating loss of 1 billion won.

The Black Label attracted its first investment after the company was established in early 2021 , and the estimated corporate value at the time was around 150 billion won. Saehan Venture Capital, etc.42.5 billion won was invested. Saehan Venture Capital and others made investments in the form of acquiring convertible bonds ( CB ) issued by The Black Label at the time .

The Black Label's recruitment of Jeong, who has no experience in the entertainment industry, is interpreted as a move in consideration of future listing in addition to attracting investment. Nominee Jeong had experience in investing in various venture companies during his time as a VC judge, and after joining Pearl Abyss, he mainly directed investment attraction and listing. Pearl Abyss successfully entered the stock market after CEO Chung took office, and at one time became a major stock on the KOSDAQ with a market cap exceeding 9 trillion won.

The Black Label plans to begin attracting investment in earnest once Jeong-in-law officially joins the company. Currently, the enterprise value of The Black Label is being discussed in the venture investment market at around 300 billion won. The size of the procurement has not yet been finalized, but it is expected to be at least 50 billion won. Based on the funds secured through investment attraction, The Black Label plans to recruit large domestic artists, strengthen album production capabilities, and expand overseas business.

An official from the IB industry said, “For a long time, VCCEO Jeong's experience as a judge and CEO of a listed company will be of great help to the growth of The Black Label, which is still at the level of a start-up." CEO Park is the largest shareholder of The

Black Label, and YG Entertainment is the second largest shareholder with a 30.11 % stake . Inside Director), Lee Jeong-woo, CEO of Saehan Venture Investment (outside director), Song Bo-young, vice president of Kukje Gallery (outside director), and Shin Hyun-seong, general manager of CHAI Corporation (auditor).

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Based on the funds secured through investment attraction, The Black Label plans to recruit large domestic artists, strengthen album production capabilities, and expand overseas business.

Curious who will they get next after Taeyang, was hoping for Tiffany (SNSD) but she just signed with Sublime, now hoping for Chungha or Jessi but that's wishful thinking lol.

• Curious who will they get next after Taeyang, was hoping for Tiffany (SNSD) but she just signed with Sublime, now hoping for Chungha or Jessi but that's wishful thinking lol.

Interesting question. Teddy, Taeyang, Zion T and many of the producers have tons of connections...namely Teddy who has produced for many artists outside of YG.

I think, yes, TBL will attract some artists that we already know like you mentioned. But I think we may need to think outside the box too....not just Kpop and not just Korean artists. Teddy is from America. I'd say look out on that front too.

Like I said, this will be a major IPO in Korea and THEBLACKLABEL is about to be flushed with a lot of money.

YG has already taken care of overhead costs...like YG gave Teddy their old YG building. So they can use 100% of the investment funds on expansion.

YG Family

1080x360

• And let me also say, even though he probably never left...but Yang Hynsuk is most likely coming back in an official capacity, which I think is good for synergy and the original brand that brought Kpop to the world.

Even though they call him the CEO in the media...he was the Executive Producer, which is like the CEO of the music label, which is really just 1 part of YGE.

But since YHS's leave I think they've made executive decisions by committee such as music, release schedule, concept, marketing, comebacks and debuts.

And I have reason to believe that committee was:

Teddy - Head of TBL

Choice37 - Head of YGX

Chanhyuk of AKMU

Also Producers FUTUREBOUNCE, AiRPLAY and Millenium

I think these are the people YHS trusts the most. And while they consulted him, the committee made most of the editorial decisions in YHS's absence.

I do think that committee will stay in place. YHS always relied on a lot of people to help him make decisions but he ultimately was the one to make them.

But now, even if/when he comes back in an official capacity I think he'll still defer to that circle of people to make decisions.

YG Family

1080x360

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “BIGBANG'S Taeyang moves to Teddy's THEBLACKLABEL” to “BIGBANG'S GD renews with YG, Taeyang moves to Teddy's THEBLACKLABEL”.
  • Updated OP with news that GD is renewing with YG.

YG Family

1080x360

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “BIGBANG'S GD renews with YG, Taeyang moves to Teddy's THEBLACKLABEL” to “***BIGBANG'S GD renews with YG, Taeyang moves to Teddy's THEBLACKLABEL”.
  • pealabyss idk if i liked that.
    i played BDO for like 4 years. that game is pay2win af.

edit : with gd stayed with YG i think its just a strategy to improve black label worth and gave them a stepping stone to the limelight.
    coz their artist really really took tong to release something combine with not many artist in there make it like almost an empty house. like their last content on their YT channel is like 9 month ago . it's insane.
    and its almost seen as an underground label rather than a major one.

and somi got her own YT channel not long ago and some content . i think they kinda wanna improve their image/friendlyness in preparation for their future girl group.

• pealabyss idk if i liked that.
    i played BDO for like 4 years. that game is pay2win af.

edit : with gd stayed with YG i think its just a strategy to improve black label worth and gave them a stepping stone to the limelight.
    coz their artist really really took tong to release something combine with not many artist in there make it like almost an empty house. like their last content on their YT channel is like 9 month ago . it's insane.
    and its almost seen as an underground label rather than a major one.

Well TBL was always supposed to be a "producers label."

YG and TBL did major recruitment of producers when TBL was created. So that's always been their main focus. Their artists are their producers.

But they've been making moves to be a mini-YG. They have actors and models as well. They also have trainees.

Since TBL is going public next year you'll see moves to strengthen that.

I'll stop short of saying Taeyang's move is a favor to Teddy, but YG, BIGBANG and Teddy are close. I think that's a pretty easy conclusion to make.

The goal is to make TBL one of the biggest entertainment company IPOs ever. RBW, Mamamoo's agency, was the most recent bigger label to go public in 2021 and they had the 3rd biggest IPO in KOSDAQ history with 387 billion won , market cap...about $300 million.

The THEBLACKLABEL would look to do at least double that.

BIGBANG is the only group that is as strong individually as they are as a group, but Taeyang and GD are the only ones that have had major tours as solo artists. And the only ones in Kpop to this point. So you'll probably continue to see that. I think BIGBANG will come back on special occasions.

YG Family

1080x360

• Cool, but where is the music? :flop:

We're going to see some pretty monumental announcements pretty soon.

These are all business moves, but we'll get music soon.

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!