What’s keeping you on AKP?

• For me it’s the users, I know the userbase gets a lot of slack but the people here are great. I love talking to you guys and reading your thoughts on different things.

I also like forums as a way to keep up with K-pop because i find it more fun than endlessly scrolling on twitter or Reddit.

although I will admit that the thought of leaving has crossed my mind several times lately, it’s ultimately the community here that keeps me here for now.

What about you guys?

p.s Merry Christmas if you celebrate it, it’s been a good day for me seeing family and friends but a bit overwhelming hence why I’ve been on my phone 🫡

• I'm new since two nights ago. Ask again in a month. ;-)

Seriously ... my impression after two days of membership:

Short version: :love:

If you have some time to read: One of the most relaxed music communities I have ever visited. No toxicity I noticed so far. Very nice people. If they are less nice people here, they know how to hide.

It's crazy: This is the biggest English K-Pop forum in the world? It's hard to descripe, but this community doesn't feel like a forum with over 200,000 members. It feels more ... familiar?

However, it was a freeing experience to enter a music community where I wrote "I'm listen to Rock, Metal, and I love Dreamcatcher". And no one answered "Huh? What catcher do you love?". :rolleyes:

Nope, Germany. You aren't ready for K-Pop yet. But K-Pop will get you soon enough!

• And I thought Germany was way ahead of Spain in terms of Kpop :sweat:

• And I thought Germany was way ahead of Spain in terms of Kpop :sweat:

How many members from Germany are registered here? And how many members from Spain?

Dreamcatcher had one relatively small concert in Berlin this year, but they was the first K-Pop band at Primavera Sound in Barcelona! It seems that Spain woke up regarding K-Pop, while Germany continues sleeping. Music Journalists and public media in Germany seem to know two bands and 1 song: BTS, Blackpink, and 'Gangnam Style'. :facepalm:

While South Koreans have K-Pop, but virtually no Heavy Metal music scene, we have a large Metal scene, but no K-Pop communities. Or in other words: 'We' Germans know more prejudices against K-Pop than K-Pop bands. :rolleyes:

• Welcome to AKP! I’m really glad you have such a great impression. I see you already got your first badge, which is great.

Technically, we have that many members, but very few of those 200,000 actually ever post, it’s mostly a couple hundred or so of us doing all the posting, which is why it feels so cozy.

Also, have you gotten a chance to meet any of these fellow Insomnias: Jichu  fdblink  Derpcatcher ? They’re all pretty cool.

• Welcome to AKP! I’m really glad you have such a great impression. I see you already got your first badge, which is great.

Technically, we have that many members, but very few of those 200,000 actually ever post, it’s mostly a couple hundred or so of us doing all the posting, which is why it feels so cozy.

Also, have you gotten a chance to meet any of these fellow Insomnias: Jichu  fdblink  Derpcatcher ? They’re all pretty cool.

We're a small bunch and don't have our own guild here but feel free to visit us at the the Dreamcatcher thread to talk anything Dreamcatcher

• Very good question, my daughter and I were discussing this yesterday. I have been almost 7 years and am the 2nd oldest here at 54. There's only one other 50 something and they don't post much. I don't follow K pop much anymore and don't really stan anyone passionately anymore so what's the point of being on a K pop forum? To tell the truth, I really only come on for The Lounge but even that's dying. I'm surrounded by a bunch of young ones who I don't have a connection with and find myself more mothering them as they are so young. If there was just a delete button, it would be so easy to leave and never come back. This forum isn't as good as the old one anyway in my opinion. I must be strong and say goodbye!

• I'm surrounded by a bunch of young ones who I don't have a connection with and find myself more mothering them as they are so young.

I'm here since two days and I'm 40. And I planned to stay for a while. There's no age limit for hearing good music, and finding new good music.

Regarding the 'young ones' around us: I don't feel like I'm in the 40s, and I often feel even younger when talking with people in the 40s about music. Many of them are ultraconservative, listening only to the music they already heard in their youth and in their 20s. To each his/her own, but I always searched for new interesting music. Thanks to YouTube it has never been easier to go on musical expedition. The old legendary bands was great and will be great forever. But there is so many new good music out there, and a day is only 24 hours.

I found to K-Pop, because I listened to a band with a sound I never heard before: Dreamcatcher. As for me, K-Pop can touch my heart deeper than most US-Pop songs that I know. I can listen to Rihanna. Great voice, good songs. But I never got tears in my eyes when listening to her songs - because I didn't feel her music so deep. But when I discovered Dreamcatcher, I stumbled across Siyeon's cover of 'Speechless'... oh my goodness!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I listened to the original song after that. It was no comparision. There's something in Siyeon's voice that touches my soul. And she's not the only K-Pop singer that has this effect on me. K-Pop hits different indeed. When I first listened to Taeyeon's 'Siren', I just melted away like a snowman in the first sunbeams of spring. :-)

Some months ago my brother asked me: "Why do you listen to K-Pop?". I answered "You enjoy being a wanderer between worlds in computer games. I enjoy being a wanderer between musical worlds."

I probably don't stan Dreamcatcher the way many younger people stan them: I con't buy special editions of albums. I have a bias (SuA), but I don't collect photocards of her. The way I stan K-Pop groups may be different, but I don't think there's an 'age-dependent' way to enjoy their music.

Do you remember this article?

The age demographics of the people who bought BTS concert tickets
    BTS is known to be one of the biggest artists in the world. They have fans of all ages and from across the globe. The bo…
    www.allkpop.com

BTS has older fans too. I read somewhere that some Hollywood stars stan BTS. It seems that two of them are John Cena (45), and Ryan Reynolds (46). If they can stan BTS, I can stan Dreamcatcher!

Edited 5 times, last by Nevergrey: Spelling. And Firefox. And the need to update an Addon. Should work now without flaws. ().

• As I've said many times previously there is an age limit on how old you can be a K pop fan. I'm far TOO OLD to be on here for a start as K pop is mainly geared for the younger generation and as I was a teen in the 80's, my daughter who is 20 and got me into K pop in the first place says I should listen to "real" music which is that. Please stop contradicting me everytime I mention this. I will be 55 next year and with all due respects am a lot older than you so if I want to stop listening to k pop and take my daughter's advice and listen to proper music then I will OK? Plus this is one of the reasons I want to get outta here, people telling me I should still be listening to K pop until I'm 80. LOL. I'm just not into it anymore, it has changed too much since second gen and never going to be as good as 80's bops.

• As I've said many times previously there is an age limit on how old you can be a K pop fan. I'm far TOO OLD to be on here for a start as K pop is mainly geared for the younger generation and as I was a teen in the 80's, my daughter who is 20 and got me into K pop in the first place says I should listen to "real" music which is that. Please stop contradicting me everytime I mention this. I will be 55 next year and with all due respects am a lot older than you so if I want to stop listening to k pop and take my daughter's advice and listen to proper music then I will OK?

As you wish.

:eyes: random thought but i rlly love tht fandom name

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!