So Asian Hate crimes is not considered serious to some people.....

• Man the type of stuff that i see on twitter is so messed up. How are kpop fans going to say asian hate crimes are not a serious topic when they listen and and consume music/content from asian artists. I get that not everyone is like this but I'm talking about the overall issue here that racism towards asians are so damn normalized in society.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

19e3dd533111ad07e30c3ae73a93ced2521d8d88.gifv

Edited once, last by Kireta ().

• like yall hearing this right? Asian privilege.... what even is asian privilege. we are all minorities here love

• like yall hearing this right? Asian privilege.... what even is asian privilege. we are all minorities here love

I am one and I understand you honestly it gets annoying sometimes

When I'm with you, a magical thing happens

• Well, they consume Asian content/music but clearly they don't bother to learn about Asian culture or population and how it's perceived in some places (in the US, in this case), especially during these times where some people refer to a serious pandemic as "China virus". At the end of the day, these people don't care about social issues at all.

• Man the type of stuff that i see on twitter is so messed up. How are kpop fans going to say asian hate crimes are not a serious topic when they listen and and consume music/content from asian artists. I get that not everyone is like this but I'm talking about the overall issue here that racism towards asians are so damn normalized in society.

like yall hearing this right? Asian privilege.... what even is asian privilege. we are all minorities here love

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::mads::mads::nob::nob:

• Well, they consume Asian content/music but clearly they don't bother to learn about Asian culture or population and how it's perceived in some places (in the US, in this case), especially during these times where some people refer to a serious pandemic as "China virus". At the end of the day, these people don't care about social issues at all.

its actually ridiculous how the prejudice against asians escalated since the whole coronavirus outbreak happened. Lumping all asians together calling them chinese and acting as if this was all our fault.

• Official Post

I am an asian too and it’s kinda saddening that this still happens. They love listening to asian music but don’t care to look into their culture or understand some clear cultural differences that Asians have with western society. A lot of the “wrong sayings” scandals (like the one with Lucas & supposed fatshaming) was taken completely out of context and made up to be hateful when in Chinese culture that saying is more to be endearing.

• I can't believe they were being so openly racist like that. Like hearing it is makes me so mad and angry

I think the biggest problem here is they don't even realise that what they're doing is racist. It only goes to show how normalised racism against Asians is.

• "i mean black ppl cant be racist towards asian ppl bc racism by definition has to be systemic and come from a place of power. they can FOR SURE be prejudiced but poc can’t be racist to each other when living in western countries"

and this is what's messed up with american definition of racism. everyone can be racist towards everyone. racism is having a prejudice against a racial or ethic group, what op said above it's systemic racism.

why did i listen to this, i'm so upset rn

• I feel so disgusted as someone who's dad is asian. I remember how everyone seemed to turn against him after the pandemic happened because they assumed he was chinese. It's sad how people think since asians are a "minority" then they can ignore the xenophobia and racism that's been clearly happening.

• I am an asian too and it’s kinda saddening that this still happens. They love listening to asian music but don’t care to look into their culture or understand some clear cultural differences that Asians have with western society. A lot of the “wrong sayings” scandals (like the one with Lucas & supposed fatshaming) was taken completely out of context and made up to be hateful when in Chinese culture that saying is more to be endearing.

yea I've had many instances where I had to defend some of these scandals because growing up asian I'm use to these types of topics like talking about weight, pale skin. Whenever I go back to asia, the amount of comments I get about gaining weight or I should use whitening cream from all the aunties LOL.

• This is why SJW TW is a joke. It's ok to be racist against Asians and white people (i've seen plenty of references to "mayonnaise", etc from these jokers) but put a freaking braid on your hair and you got all kinds of TW rifraff going off about "cultural appropriation".

In the end, for those feeling upset, dont worry too much about it. TW is full of nobodies, the real world out here dont give a rats ass what these crusty jobless yokels think or say. Just keep your friends and family close, listen and enjoy the things you want. Fight when you need to (nobody should have to accept racism at work for example) but just remember that it's impossible to change people's minds. They have to do it themselves.

• This is why SJW TW is a joke. It's ok to be racist against Asians and white people (i've seen plenty of references to "mayonnaise", etc from these jokers) but put a freaking braid on your hair and you got all kinds of TW rifraff going off about "cultural appropriation".

In the end, for those feeling upset, dont worry too much about it. TW is full of nobodies, the real world out here dont give a rats ass what these crusty jobless yokels think or say. Just keep your friends and family close, listen and enjoy the things you want. Fight when you need to (nobody should have to accept racism at work for example) but just remember that it's impossible to change people's minds. They have to do it themselves.

It's kind of hard to ignore because this isn't just a problem on twitter. Asians are actively being targeted in the real world, you just don't hear about because the media doesn't talk about asian crimes.

Racism is also internalized in us especially the older generations. If someone was being racist to my mom or grandma, they would take the heat and not say anything. Especially since my mom works at a nail salon and you know those racist jokes they make about nail salon ladies who talk in their own language trash talking customers. ugh

i know that ca will always be controversial for some and a nonissue for others (me) but yes, you are right. there are people who care more about hairstyles than actual human beings.

he's taken multiple classes on race theory

tenor.gif

• THIS calling COVID "the China virus" started an entire chain reaction and racist news outlets here in the US still don't care and use this racist diction all the time still.

I suppose it started with Trump and his infamous tweets last year and then FOX News and other conservative ""news channels"" started using these racist terms as well.

• This is what happens when oppression has levels and points. The more levels of oppression you have makes or breaks your victim hood. People be comparing their oppression points on the internet like oh, ur a gay Asian Buddhist? Well I’m a black transgender Muslim so I’m more opressed than you therefore my problems are more valid than yours. Kinda sick to see people in competition for being a victim.

Ridiculous.

• She really defended them too I cant. I'm usually tolerant of most issues but they were clearly being racist there's no denying that.

• Asians are considered the “model minority” in America so people don’t take racism against them seriously.

It’s pretty sad.

Asians are also capped higher for their SATs to get into universities, especially in Ivy League schools. Ivy League schools in the states would rather accept international students and their money rather than asian Americans which makes it harder for Asian Americans to get into universities they want (not me though, I’m stupid).

7CF26B70-445A-4A46-A014-2111E452B626.jpg

• Asians are also capped higher for their SATs to get into universities, especially in Ivy League schools. Ivy League schools in the states would rather accept international students and their money rather than asian Americans which makes it harder for Asian Americans to get into universities they want (not me though, I’m stupid).

7CF26B70-445A-4A46-A014-2111E452B626.jpg

There was actually a huge scandal in the US. Harvard actually rejected Asian American students who deserved to get in and replaced them with white students with lower scores because they didn’t want their school to look “too Asian.” A ton of parents sued the school.

ღ Sulli

• There was actually a huge scandal in the US. Harvard actually rejected Asian American students who deserved to get in and replaced them with white students with lower scores because they didn’t want their school to look “too Asian.” A ton of parents sued the school.

that and Asian students theyre actually letting in are the rich International Asian students and not Asian Americans.

This is why I don’t believe in Affirmative Action. Mentioning race in applications, especially university applications need to be removed. Universities should judge their future students solely on their academics and not fill a quota.

Anyways, I’m getting off topic. Crimes and violence against Asians don’t matter to most activists here in the states. Nobody rallies for Asians when there’s violence in the Asian community and the national news and journalists don’t give an F about Asians.

• She really defended them too I cant. I'm usually tolerant of most issues but they were clearly being racist there's no denying that.

"i'm asian and nothing said was racist" how highly does the person think about themselves that they think they have the right to talk in the name of all asians? entitled, brainwashed, self-centered brat.

you said it's not racist, then i guess it isn't

• Hate crimes, period, are serious. There is wisdom in a person knowing s/he isn't smart. There is a certain level of ignoramus who can never accept it or the fact that all Asians aren't from China. Don't give this kind of person your energy.

• How can someone open their mouth and say that bull. I can't, it just disgusting how people over look racism and hate crimes against asian people, it is really really horrible to me how some people can think like this.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• There's enough empathy to go around? I get that asian people in America are considered a model minority but it doesnt take away from the fact that what's happening is wrong and to write it off as though it's not even an issue because black people have it worse is pretty heartless. Like imagine being proud of not caring about injustice...

• "Model minority"

Please

This is part of the same dumb "Asians have white privilege" and "Asians are to blame for racism against them being normalised" narrative that has been going around online

They've been the victims of hate crimes before Covid, these recent ones are just being given more attention

What kind of monster outright says they don't care about hate crimes?

They should all make us angry

• But they be the same onces busting veins over CA....hypocrites

Seriously. Real racism happens against Asians and other minorities every day, yet SJW TW only cares when an idol puts on a "black" hairstyle or wears a freaking durag. Complete break from reality and common sense and common decency. This is why nobody older than 25 takes TW seriously anymore.

• The thing is that no only these so called woke people on twitter don't care about racism against asians, but in real life in the US and the West in general nobody cares about it either. Asians in western countries need to have a stronger reactions to this kind of thing and stand together, because others will certainly not help them.

In the US, if you are asian you are still seen as foreigner even if your family immigrated a century ago.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!