i like how confusing and mysterious both music videos are for newjeans new release yesterday. i've read the leading theories circulating out there and one of them seems to be about the parasocial interaction between fans and idols because the name of the

• girl with the camera possibly imagining that she's friends with newjeans is related to the fandom name and the other theory is that all six of them got in an accident and only the camera girl survived and that's why she's injured and she has survivor guilt so she can't stop seeing newjeans through her camera plus seeing the deer has some other meaning related to the afterlife. i'm not really sure which theory is correct but for me, i think it's just about pokemon. the title of the song is ditto which is an OG pokemon from the first series back in '99

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTn7CmTY4KHGKtYDCn2B570FXF9y5dyn-fxg

and there's also a line in the pre-chorus that goes [Ra-ta-ta-ta, 울린 심장 (Ra-ta-ta-ta)] which is another pokemon from the OG series

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuwPX50N52e-XXF7nf0tPdEzixyMsqHOwZKA

• To be completely honest idrc about all the theories regarding the mvs lol i just find it hilariously genius that they managed to sneak the names of 2 pokemons into the lyrics bc pokemon was a staple of y2k :happyr:

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!