What labels of Hybe bring the most revenue? 3rd Quarter 2022

• I found a figure about what labels in Hybe made how much for Jan 1 - Sep 30, 2022.

https://m.ppomppu.co.kr/new/bbs_view.php?id=freeboard&no=8148169

(Link is in Korean. Ppomppu does not let people copy images from its site.)

Figures are per 100 million south korean won, which is about $76,000 as pf today.

Big Hit music, incl BTS and txt - Sales 4,337, Net Income 1,266

Pledis - incl SVT and Promise 9 - Sales 1,058, NI 133

Source - LeSserafim - Sales 89, Net Loss 50

Ador - NewJeans - Sales 100, Net Loss 28

KOZ Entertainment - Zico, etc - Sales 38 , Net Loss 22

Belief Lab - Enhypen - Sales 419, NI 116

Fearnots and Bunnies will argue that since they are just starting their figures will grow. I won't counter that.

Most of Pledis' numbers come from SVT. txt's figures would be similar or slightly better than Enhypen so I would say 500

If we total the above, we get around 6,000 and 2/3 of that comes from BTS.

I won't discuss the merits of various solo projects of the members. But we now do know the limits of various acts.

There is now an empirical evidence that even if both Lesserafim and NewJeans grow as big as , say, txt, it will only cover 1/4 of BTS' gap.

one year from now we will have a better figure, but it shows that boy groups does bring much larger revenues than girl groups.

• physical sales does not seem to means much at all. NJ and LSFM sold alot of albums but still doesnt offset the cost of album and promotions

• Pledis could do so much more, if they hadn't disbanded NU'EST

Seriously the boys were so happy for their 10th anniversary just to get it ruined. They really had no idea that their 10th anniversary was also the disbandment of them

But I'm still happy at least that Baekho and JR (now going by his birthname) still release music (no clue for the others since I don't really follow them anymore, but the last thing I remember was that Ren had been in a stageplay and Minhyun was acting in a drama or something)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• BTW how come you count numbers and than don't mention solo-release sales except for Zico who is the only one getting a solo-count ?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Source Music is really weird company

they are replayin GFriend scenario

how the hell they lost so much money lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• why are people questioning NJ and LSF loss lol? they just debuted. They company put a LOT of money into their debut content that obviously 1-2 physical albums alone don't make up for. If you really want to make money off groups, you need big CFs and tours. Which is why boygroups typically make more money than girlgroups overall, they tour bigger venues. Debuts cost big, big money, even if your groups are a huge success it'll be a while until they regroup that.

LSF and NJ are both doing really well, they'll probably be profitable next year already.

• LSRF's latest comeback isn't counted in this right?

Their debut got hit by a big scandal so i understand the big loss

It feels like touring is the only thing bringing good revenue so all the BGs are earning a lot

Wait for NJs and LSRF's tours, that's when they will start bringing good revenue.

• Source Music is really weird company

they are replayin GFriend scenario

how the hell they lost so much money lol

i suspect they lost money on the garam situation. for one they spent a lot re-editing that documentary that probably didn't make them much money being on youtube. not to mention i suspect some of their early cfs/brand deals may have been dropped bc of her. and sakura and chaewon prob have huge contracts

who's your favorite artist?

• why are people questioning NJ and LSF loss lol? they just debuted. They company put a LOT of money into their debut content that obviously 1-2 physical albums alone don't make up for. If you really want to make money off groups, you need big CFs and tours. Which is why boygroups typically make more money than girlgroups overall, they tour bigger venues. Debuts cost big, big money, even if your groups are a huge success it'll be a while until they regroup that.

LSF and NJ are both doing really well, they'll probably be profitable next year already.

The Sales are great. So dont worry. But i wonder were the 130milion investment went. For example loona debut was crazy and it was like 2-9 milion and they shot 48 MVs from it. You can make a Comeback for 500k. Nugus even go with 100k. Im really confused by the numbers. So once again were did all the money go?

Is this all payola or ads or did they simply buy 900k of a million albums by themself? You dont explain anything.

• What's the source of your source tho? Cause the sales are not matching.

This is HYBE's sales for the three quarters (JAN-SEP):

IMG_20221216_213544.jpg

The total sales that they gave (600.1 Billion krw) are far from the accurate numbers (1,243 Trillion krw).

I checked HYBE's financial info/public disclosures, but they haven't release the breakdown of sales in each labels. Usually, they do that at the end of the year or in their business audit report.

This is the closest thing that they publicly shared regarding to revenue contributions;

IMG_20221103_094319.jpg

They only said that 60-65% of the expected total sales for 2022 (1,700 trillion krw) will be coming from BTS. The remaining 35-40% will be coming from the rest of their artists/businesses/investment & other ventures.

Excluding BTS, this is the little breakdown:

ITHACA Holdings - 200B won (confirmed by HYBE)

Others - 395-480B won

Others include the sublabels & other investments.

• The Sales are great. So dont worry. But i wonder were the 130milion investment went. For example loona debut was crazy and it was like 2-9 milion and they shot 48 MVs from it. You can make a Comeback for 500k. Nugus even go with 100k. Im really confused by the numbers. So once again were did all the money go?

Is this all payola or ads or did they simply buy 900k of a million albums by themself? You dont explain anything.

ofc you accuse them of payola right away lol

that's so dumb, neither of these groups need payola

LSF didn't even have many ads compared to other groups. Both are almost entirely new companies (Source got all new staff too after the Gfriend debacle), if those figures even are correct and not just random made up stuff, I'd assume they just list all that expense since they're now making money for the first time in years.

• ofc you accuse them of payola right away lol

that's so dumb, neither of these groups need payola

LSF didn't even have many ads compared to other groups. Both are almost entirely new companies (Source got all new staff too after the Gfriend debacle), if those figures even are correct and not just random made up stuff, I'd assume they just list all that expense since they're now making money for the first time in years.

Im asking. Thats not accusing.

If fans missunterstand and feel provoked. Thats good. It raise the probability i get an answer. 😂

I dont mind if they do or not.

If that would be the case, they wont be the first nor last to do so.

Its just that the numbers for the expenses seem totally wild to me. While the Sales seems somewhat plausible and doable.

In the expenses are also the costs for the employees included. That included also the Idols. But source aint a company with 1000 employees.

Maybe they bought buildings for 100 milion or messed up with investing in nfts. Or the CEO earns 50mil per year.... There can be so many reasons a company can burn money that dont neccessarily have so so anything with their artists or main business.

Im Just curious. i will put it under random made up numbers as far as i dont get a reasonable explanation.

• one year from now we will have a better figure, but it shows that boy groups does bring much larger revenues than girl groups.?

this has nothing to do with ggs and bgs, source and ador are new companies with one single act, they started with loss like all the other companies, the groups are new so they didn't had time to cover the loss, lets see in 1/2 years from now on when the groups aren't brand new

• The Sales are great. So dont worry. But i wonder were the 130milion investment went. For example loona debut was crazy and it was like 2-9 milion and they shot 48 MVs from it. You can make a Comeback for 500k. Nugus even go with 100k. Im really confused by the numbers. So once again were did all the money go?

it was known that source music was in major debt to bh before gfriend even disbanded. maybe part of the loss is that they're paying back standing debt

• LSRF's latest comeback isn't counted in this right?

Their debut got hit by a big scandal so i understand the big loss

It feels like touring is the only thing bringing good revenue so all the BGs are earning a lot

Wait for NJs and LSRF's tours, that's when they will start bringing good revenue.

Not yet. I did mention that we will have a better figure for how they are doing 1 years from now.

• What happened is BH charged a huge 'management fee' which was the cause of the debt

what? are you an insider or something or do you have a source for this? it was my understanding that the debt was from hybe investing in source for gfriend and lesserafim. gfriend definitely didn't make the money invested in them or source back .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!