Who do you think are the best kpop leaders?

• Jaebeom for taking the time to learn about the business and how to set up a label and secure copyrights to make sure GOT7 was settled. He put his own career on hold while he did it. He could have easily snapped up a great deal and focused on himself, but he really put in the work for GOT7.

• If I remember correctly, Qri did the bulk of the planning for T-Ara's comeback since they didn't have any agency. I really like Bang Chan as a leader as well.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• These days I've been re-watching the episodes of Stray Kids pre debut reality show and I was reminded again how much Bang Chan is important and how the group wouldn't even exist If It wasn't for him.

First of all, he chose the members. He chose the name of the group. He handwrote their logo. He was leading them to all the challenges given by JYP to prove It was a group worth debuting.

He's the main composer, lyricist and an arranger for the group, along with credits in instruments, digital editing, computer programming and as a recording engineer in their albums.

On top of that, an experient, mature, hard working and well spoken person. He really put the group and the members as one of his priorities in life and is one of the responsibles for setting the group to reach new heights.

• I always admired how Onew has this sort of... almost soft guidance to his leadership. He's attentive and really listens to the other members. idk I just think it's comforting yk?

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• In no particular order:

RM (English ambassador, BTS might never have been as successful in the US without him)

Jihyo (i dunno how she kept Twice together while they were being ground into dust by JYP in their first 3 years)

Eunbi (she is a big reason why Izone had the best team chemistry in all of Kpop)

Chaewon (trained by the best, flawless character)

Yujin (trained by the best, flawless character)

Bang Chan (positive vibes 24/7)

• Chorong has kept Apink very well and alive for 11 years. I would say her personality and way of being contributed to it AKA she does everything possible for the girls to stay together (Naeun is a different case and we blame IST as they seem to have a history of kicking members out).

RM is perhaps the biggest support the members have, and let's not even talk about his contributions towards the group's music and him being the main spokesperson for them.

• I don't stan SJ anymore and don't really think much of Leeteuk, but have to concede he has been a good leader for the group to stay together for so long. He has always put the other member's needs before his own often at the expense of his own mental health. He shows incredible strength.

• Looking at all these names, i'm wondering if there's such a thing as The Captain's Curse? I mentioned this awhile back and the more i think about, the more it seems real.

For almost all my fave girl groups, the leader is never the most popular, the IT girl of the group. Even for the BGs that i am casually familiar with like Stray Kids, BTS, and Seventeen, the captains are never the most popular members or considered the It Boys of their groups. And i just did a very quick google search and it seems this curse even holds true for other BGs like Dream, 127, EXO, TXT and Enhypen.

RM for BTS

Jihyo for Twice

Eunbi for Izone

Sumin for Stayc

Jiho for OMG

Sihyeon for Everglow

Haseul for Loona

Yujin for Ive

Yujin for Kepler

Chaewon for Lesserafim

Soyeon for Gidle

Bangchan for SKZ

S Coups for Seventeen

Mark for NCT Dream

Jungwon for Enhypen

Soobin for TXT

Taeyong for NCT127

Solar for MMM

Eunyoung for Brave Girls

Yeji for Itzy

Hyebin for Momoland

Haewon for NMIXX

Suho for EXO

Red Velvet and Aespa appear to be the only exceptions, with Irene and Karina respectively. Minji might be the third exception for New Jeans. So only 3 leaders out of 26 groups listed could reasonably be called the most popular member of their respective groups. Kinda sad, when you think about it. It's like they have all these additional responsibilities and get paid nothing in return ;(

• Suho went through so much and he was not even the original leader of EXO M, but stepped up to become one of the best leaders around.

Taeyong was chosen as leader, but he too had been through so much with management blaming him for the group’s early struggles while trying to support and build up the members. He’s tough and disciplined in practice in keeping them on track but also tender in supporting them with words and actions. The way he tries to learn languages to interact with members or in a moment that sums up the kind of leader he is, the way he say there patiently unwinding a new member’s battery pack and explaining to him how to use it during his first show appearance (with a language gap no less.) He’s fantastic.

Kun is another leader who’s been through so much but remains a leader not only to his own members but others in NCT.

The trio of NCT leaders are really amazing. (Mark is the other one. I haven’t followed Dream as closely for as many years but I see the esteem members hold him in and know he too is a great leader)

From the outside:

- RM

- Bang Chan

- Soyeon

All seem to work to support their groups creatively and emotionally, leading and supporting.

Also I think any group that has lost a member for any reason places the leader in a really difficult position to both lead and motivate while allowing members space for their emotions too, so kudos to any leader that has to walk a group through that.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I know what you’re saying, but Mark and Taeyong are definitely among the most popular members of their groups.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• On what planet is Taeyong not the most popular member of NCT 127?

• She may not be the #1 best but I would like to nominate her as one of the brst and she is Billlie's Moon Sua.

The members really love and depend on her, and as the oldest, she really took care of everyone with love too.

And the thing that makes me wanna nominate her is how she always hyping up the team and the crowd. I don't know for other people, but for me it's like she also include me as the whole moment

One of the videos:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Her shouts also giving an energy to the members on stage

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• soobin :cutes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!