Would you still stan your faves if they weren't attractive?

• Do visuals matter to you? Do you think it plays a big role in a group's success?

For me I mostly listen to music on Spotify. I don't normally watch content and even music videos aren't that big for me. I think I would stan my faves regardless and honestly I didn't think any of my faves were all that when I first saw them anyway, though now I think they're all beautiful :oops:

• Yes. Some of my faves have MVs or eras where they look weird af, lol. As long the music's good, I don't care. I don't get into shipping or imagines or anything like that, where that extra fan appeal could potentially matter.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• In general I think that the visual is very important in Kpop unfortunately because the public is very critical of it very often especially among female idols, but I think that in the field of music in general, it is brand image of the group that matters most.

• I've seen people swear up and down that everyone in BTS is ugly - didn't sway me!

I honestly don't even think all of them are the most classically handsome people I've ever seen, but being classically handsome is not what has ever drawn me to someone. A lot is in how a person carries themselves and their own humor. I am drawn to people who I find smart, thinks of others and can make me laugh. Talent blows me away. This all increases their attractiveness to me tenfold - girl or guy. As far as I am concerned, BTS are all very attractive. if someone doesn't see or value those things I do, they may not agree, but that's their loss. Stan a greek statue if you want, but I want more than that.

• Talent and ability have nothing to do with looks. If you wouldn't like someone who's talented but ugly then you were never really a fan. If you don't want for their happiness, you were never really a fan. If you can't forgive them when they screw up you were never really a fan. I could go on and on and on... I wonder how many people are actually fans. :/

• They don't have to be really attractive, but have to be cute. I think my bias group has many members with extra cute innocent smiles that make me happy. I just look at them, think how dumb they look and my mood is lifted. :pepelove1:

edit: I would love them only for voices, but other stuff like this keeps you busy throughout the year.. comebacks and new music are hard to come by on daily basis in fandom

A masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Alice-ND ().

• Visuals play a part in the groups I enjoy but isn't everything. I am here for the music. Even if there's no person I connect with or find attractive I would still enjoy the music. I'm here for the performances, the lyrics, the music etc. However, everyone is attractive in their own way, be it personality, or a bit of looks.

• I've seen people swear up and down that everyone in BTS is ugly - didn't sway me!

I honestly don't even think all of them are the most classically handsome people I've ever seen, but being classically handsome is not what has ever drawn me to someone. A lot is in how a person carries themselves and their own humor. I am drawn to people who I find smart, thinks of others and can make me laugh. Talent blows me away. This all increases their attractiveness to me tenfold - girl or guy. As far as I am concerned, BTS are all very attractive. if someone doesn't see or value those things I do, they may not agree, but that's their loss. Stan a greek statue if you want, but I want more than that.

Maybe i'm saying shit, but it seems to me that Jin has always had a visual that appealed to Korea :whatb:

• Maybe i'm saying shit, but it seems to me that Jin has always had a visual that appealed to Korea :whatb:

I said "all of them", meaning some of them more closely align than others, but even the ones that don't are all super attractive to me because they have qualities I value more anyway. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Jin is Mr WWH and those people that say they are all ugly are fucking antis with salt in their eyes.

• Johnny gets dragged a lot for his looks, but honestly his looks and physique aren't his best qualities... it's his personality and sense of humor that got most of his fans.

As for someone who is considered a visual... I actually wasn't Taeyong biased until I go to know his personality so as long as he's still his amazing weird self then yes.

• I don't even find some members of the groups that I stan that attractive to be honest and sometimes they are my biases. I could be interested in an idol just for their looks but I know that it would not last. I am passionate about music, I sing and I play the piano so what I prefer are groups with vocal and/or rap skills with a preference for groups or soloists involved in the songwriting. I don't really care if I find them attractive or not.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• Yes. It was their music that made me stan, not their looks, but I do think all my favs are attractive.

Visuals don't really matter to me especially if it's musicians. If it's models they matter a bit more; at least for me (Honestly, I prefer Natalia Vodianova to the more classical and famous models AKA Naomi, Gisele, etc. Besides, she seems more interesting to me. The only much more famous model I more less care about is Miranda Kerr). I don't care about visuals on actors either but the ones I like the most are certainly classically beautiful (Natalie Portman, Alicia Vikander, Keira Knightley).

Sorry for going a bit off-topic.

As for music I would say they're important but if the music doesn't slap then it's goodbye from me. Will appreciate their visuals but that's it, and I do agree that it has a hand in a group's success but ofc, there are more important factors that also contribute to it.

• maybeee?? i'm not sure. because there are plenty of groups that i love their music but i don't stan bc i'm not super into them as a group. and idk how much going "waaaooooww so pretty" whenever i see them really factors into that?

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Well since my most listened to artist last year was NCT 127, I clearly love their music. 🤣

Seriously tho, my faves being beautiful is icing and sprinkles on the cake. But the cake is still built solely of music. I can think of a lot of beautiful people in Kpop that I don’t follow because I don’t care for their music. What I wouldn’t stan is if their voices weren’t gorgeous. I don’t care what the faces look like if the voice is beautiful.

EXO and NCT 127 have some of the best vocalists of their generation and WayV and Purple Kiss some of the best of theirs - that matters to me more.

In fact, when I first saw NCT 127, I thought they were gorgeous and great dancers and performers but didn’t care for the music so then being pretty wasn’t enough to get me into them. It took another year for a song to grab me and then the good music kept coming and I was in it for life. :pepe-toast:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Believe me, visual is the last thing for me to stan anyone. I mean, I stan Bts in their early careers so IYKWIM. I still laugh a lot if I stumble to their vids or photos from back then :pepe-joy:. Same goes to Mamamoo or GFriend, none of them were known as visual groups before instead getting bashed a lot for that. But good music is good music afterall.

• no because attraction is not merely visuals or looks...there's a lot of things about a person that makes them attractive that is not "looks based"

off the top of my head it can be - height, wealth, personality, confidence, family background, job, etc etc

all those things or not can lead to someone being attractive and thus if I wasn't attracted towards my fav then I don't think they would be my fav

• no because attraction is not merely visuals or looks...there's a lot of things about a person that makes them attractive that is not "looks based"

off the top of my head it can be - height, wealth, personality, confidence, family background, job, etc etc

all those things or not can lead to someone being attractive and thus if I wasn't attracted towards my fav then I don't think they would be my fav

I'm just about to ask "wait, is the attractive here meaning for visual only or not?" ^^

• I'm just about to ask "wait, is the attractive here meaning for visual only or not?" ^^

attraction is (like most things) subjective

what one person finds attractive in another person may be different to different people

but visuals are generally a very first indicator of attractiveness...

• When the more difficult question would be “ to you “ your biases are obviously charming to you visually even if they aren’t the standard. That’s the case for everyone

If I found someone ugly inside, I wouldn't stan them. I've known very good looking guys whose personality was a huge turn off. I've also changed opinion about guys I didn't necessarily think were the best looking when I first met them because after I got to know them, their personality and how it worked with mine made them so attractive to me.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!