K-pop girlgroups that sold at least once 100,000 copies of a single or album on Oricon Chart history

• Wait! I didn't know T-ara were among the 2nd gen girl group who had sold over 100k copies in Japan :woow:

t-ara was very popular in japan and also china back when everyone but sm ignored china lol. they were definitely more trendy than snsd in those markets and their chinese popularity was on par with kara’s japanese popularity at the time i believe

• t-ara was very popular in japan and also china back when everyone but sm ignored china lol. they were definitely more trendy than snsd in those markets and their chinese popularity was on par with kara’s japanese popularity at the time i believe

T-Ara's Chinese popularity exploded due to Little Apple. Also, T-Ara has focused more on the Japanese market than many other girl groups other than KARA at the time. Also, they did their promotions in Japan in a way that was far more approachable to fans than other groups at the time.

Girl's Generation has consistently been on another level of popularity than most other K-Pop girl groups so they didn't have to try as hard in Japan. T-Ara may not be remembered as dominating the Japanese market in the same way that KARA did, but I do believe they are the 4th/5th best selling Korean girl group act in Japan which is a massive achievement.

Wait! I didn't know T-ara were among the 2nd gen girl group who had sold over 100k copies in Japan :woow:

T-Ara's Japanese debut Bo Peep Bo Peep was the first Korean group to debut at #1 in Japan. When they debuted there they were extremely popular and didn't loose as many fans there compared to Korea thanks to she who shall not be named.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• t-ara was very popular in japan and also china back when everyone but sm ignored china lol. they were definitely more trendy than snsd in those markets and their chinese popularity was on par with kara’s japanese popularity at the time i believe

Damn i had no idea. I had never seen anyone before talking about T-ara's popularity when talking about 2nd gen gg's that were popular in Japan :waterr:

• T-Ara's Chinese popularity exploded due to Little Apple. Also, T-Ara has focused more on the Japanese market than many other girl groups other than KARA at the time. Also, they did their promotions in Japan in a way that was far more approachable to fans than other groups at the time.

Girl's Generation has consistently been on another level of popularity than most other K-Pop girl groups so they didn't have to try as hard in Japan. T-Ara may not be remembered as dominating the Japanese market in the same way that KARA did, but I do believe they are the 4th/5th best selling Korean girl group act in Japan which is a massive achievement.

T-Ara's Japanese debut Bo Peep Bo Peep was the first Korean group to debut at #1 in Japan. When they debuted there they were extremely popular and didn't loose as many fans there compared to Korea thanks to she who shall not be named.

I see! Very interesting!

• 2nd gen ggs wee rmuch popular in Japan it seems

Impressive achievement for IVE. They can def do Tokyo dome in the future

I think so. the queue for their event in japan this week was insane for a rookie gg!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Damn i had no idea. I had never seen anyone before talking about T-ara's popularity when talking about 2nd gen gg's that were popular in Japan :waterr:

same, i knew they were big in korea and china but not in japan. really hope ive will avenge them as the first nonbig3 gg to dominate the market, the fact that t-ara couldnt recover because of a fake scandal is beyond disgusting

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• same, i knew they were big in korea and china but not in japan. really hope ive will avenge them as the first nonbig3 gg to dominate the market, the fact that t-ara couldnt recover because of a fake scandal is beyond disgusting

Hope so!! Well IVE are already seem to be doing well in Japan and they have a decent Chinese fandom i think?

Agree about T-ara..they had one of my favorite discographies in 2nd gen :(

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.
  • Foreign artists with most number-one albums on Oricon:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!