If you don't realise how big of a trouble all JYP artists are in, let me remind you that Itzy's new comeback song is JYP's favorite song

• Keep in mind that he said this before even the Sneakers was released, so you know that it wasn't just a marketing move to hype the song. He said this back in June. And JYP single handedly picks the songs from what we know. The previous system where people from company, including trainees voted for songs, was abandoned. Everyone is fucked. Twice should've left.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Keep in mind that he said this before even the Sneakers was released, so you know that it wasn't just a marketing move to hype the song. He said this back in June. And JYP single handedly picks the songs from what we know. The previous system where people from company, including trainees voted for songs, was abandoned. Everyone is fucked. Twice should've left.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll give it to you that ITZY has had a 3 terrible albums but Cheshire is a really good song. I personally loved Talk that Talk form Twice and I think a lot of other people did too. I don't think it's as dire as you think. No company is going to throw out 100% wins. It's not statistically possible. And the industry is a little weird right now. I honestly think a lot of companies are playing a guessing game on what is going to go big because what fans like seems to be hit and miss.

• I thought you liked the song. So isn't this a good thing? That you'll be getting more songs like this?

I said that this is their best song in ages, I never said that I liked it. You were actually the one who used that word on my behalf.

JYP girl group destruction complete? Itzy put out their best song in ages and nobody cares - K-Lounge - allkpop forums

The song just seemed more public friendly for me, that's it.

• Cheshire is a good song. ITZY's discography is masterpiece after masterpiece until it starts to get a bit a shaky after 'Not Shy' but have recovered as of 'Blah Blah Blah' in my opinion. Those girls are too talented to be given songs like 'Sneakers' like they're doing a promo for Sketchers. Not every song is going to be a hit obviously, but damn JYP why you gotta do them like that.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• I said that this is their best song in ages, I never said that I liked it. You were actually the one who used that word on my behalf.

JYP girl group destruction complete? Itzy put out their best song in ages and nobody cares - K-Lounge - allkpop forums

The song just seemed more public friendly for me, that's it.

Oh, my bad.

So just another good song that you don't like.

In that case, let others enjoy it and move on. Or are we going to have to have bi-weekly threads from you for the next six months about how bad the song is performing sorry, how much you don't like it?

Also, ITZY is selling a ton of albums and had a successful tour. They're fine and the company is probably very happy with how they are "performing".

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Bro, just because you struggle with concept of someone thinking something is good but not actively liking it, doesn't mean everyone does.

And I am not sure what all those "hints" are about, I've literally said that I didn't like TTT within an hour of its release if that's what you're referring to.

Stop making up your own nonsense headcanon about my motivations and reasons and then get mad at me because of them.

Maybe stop being a simp for a couple of minutes and then you'll develop some critical thinking instead of thinking that not charting is fine for a gg as long as they sell cheap albums.

• I’m not your bro. Never will be.

Nor am I mad at you. That would imply I care enough about you to be mad.

Continue living in your world of whining delusions and thinking everyone need to think like you or care about your opinions.

Thanks again for reminding me that arguing with you is pointless.

• My hero!

:lover4:

Also, I just saw that you made your old profile picture into a badge and it’s perfect!

• Lmfao don't make it so obvious that I got under your skin at least.

You're mad and the more you continue the more obvious it gets.

Never said or even implied that they should.

You aren't arguing with me, you're arguing with your own headcanon. If you want to argue with me, argue the following

Itzy flopped and it is not good.

Both digital and physical performance matter. Digital success brings media attention, buzz, new fans, sponsorship deals. Losing digitals, especially for a gg, has a huge impact.

• I liked it but I feel for Itzy - if they make music that i-fans like, K-fans don't seem to be interested (Cheshire) but music that k-fans like (Sneakers), i-fans don't like.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Top 30 Yuna Tongue GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Yes, I like ITZY.

• There are some narratives being pushed on AKP that are beyond tiring. This is one of them. Give it a rest already. NMIXX are the only JYP group struggling due to being given bad music. You can personally dislike everyone else's if you want, but their success tells a different story, and we don't need to be reminded every few days how much you hate the music of groups you're supposedly a fan of.

• I liked it but I feel for Itzy - if they make music that i-fans like, K-fans don't seem to be interested (Cheshire) but music that k-fans like (Sneakers), i-fans don't like.

It was like that in Red Velvet. Unless Velvet is a concept song, they immediately declare the best red songs as children's songs. It's most of red songs actually very typical fun kpop song. They even find an excuse for a perfect song like Feel My Rhythm unless there is a Velvet concept in Red Velvet. However, it was the best song to come out since Psycho. Jyp need to find the song that appeals to both international and korean on Itzy. Dalla Dalla and Wannabe were loved by both sides. :thumbup: I liked Itzy's Japanese title tracks more this year. Voltage and Blah Blah were perfect Itzy songs :thumbup:

• #floplikeitzy

Itzy getting a World Tour and flopping on SK Music Charts, hang on, most BGs get World Tours and flop on South Korean Music Charts

#floplikeboygroupitzy

• It was like that in Red Velvet. Unless Velvet is a concept song, they immediately declare the best red songs as children's songs. It's most of red songs actually very typical fun kpop song. They even find an excuse for a perfect song like Feel My Rhythm unless there is a Velvet concept in Red Velvet. However, it was the best song to come out since Psycho. Jyp need to find the song that appeals to both international and korean on Itzy. Dalla Dalla and Wannabe were loved by both sides. :thumbup: I liked Itzy's Japanese title tracks more this year. Voltage and Blah Blah were perfect Itzy songs :thumbup:

I didn’t care for Dalla Dalla or Wannabe but I agree that the Japanese tt have been great!

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• JYP doesn't care if they chart anymore, they just care about the album sales, which will be great despite everything else.

Sure, a hit song would help them get some cf and endorsements, maybe even some of the really good ones, where the members would make way more money than selling a million albums, but the company profits always come first.

In resume, the bad music and shit management will continue, because it is just too profitable for the company.

• JYP doesn't care if they chart anymore, they just care about the album sales, which will be great despite everything else.

Sure, a hit song would help them get some cf and endorsements, maybe even some of the really good ones, where the members would make way more money than selling a million albums, but the company profits always come first.

In resume, the bad music and shit management will continue, because it is just too profitable for the company.

Whats interesting with Itzy is they still continue to get endorsements, deals and work, but usually with non Korean companies.

Like... McDonalds. That's no small thing.

Even with weak charting, companies are seeing value in Itzy. I find that interesting.

• Whats interesting with Itzy is they still continue to get endorsements, deals and work, but usually with non Korean companies.

Like... McDonalds. That's no small thing.

Even with weak charting, companies are seeing value in Itzy. I find that interesting.

There is a difference between BTS having their own McDonalds meal and Itzy doing an ad with a bunch of other people. Of course, one will be paid a lot more than the other.

Even with the international fame that a lot of groups have these days, most of them are still not able to capitalize like BTS or Blackpink are doing.

For the longest time, JYP has been the one making the least from advertisements from the big 4 and despite having so many groups selling a million, they still are making less than the others in that area.

Funny enough, 60% of JYP advertisement revenue still coming from korea, while others like YG and HYBE have more skewed towards international, and then you have SM where the majority of the money comes from Korea.

• I don't think I mentioned BTS or BP once in my post. Would you kindly point out where I did, or where I compared Itzys brand work to theirs? I think it's foolish to compare ANY other kpop groups ad/company work to BTS/BP at this point in time.

I DID say that international companies are still finding and recognising value in using Itzy (at least for now). It will probably continue for the near future given their sales, strong social media interaction etc. The fact that McDonalds still decided on Itzy for their WC campaign, even if small, over other 4th gen groups that are arguably more "popular" in various metrics still has significance.

I do know there is a definite issue at hand for JyP (and to a lesser extent SM) right now where they are struggling to make their GG's "stick" at the moment. The Korean public seems reluctant to engage with them on their main product, music. It's strange, their groups are still popular and profitable, but their music isn't making an impact.

• It's ok, love what you love! Hate what you hate! I think Weeekly's Ven Para is one of the greatest songs ever and I'm proud of it.

yeap my thoughts exactly

I like what I like and that's good enough for me

if itzy chart and sell well that's a bonus but it doesn't add or detract from me liking the song or otherwise

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!