Does Txt feel like the most unique 4th gen group, at least concept wise?

• No other groups can pull this off, yes? I mean they’re the only one doing fantasy/emo concept when other groups are going for more generic stuff.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • Yes, they are the most unique.

Sadly most of the upcoming Idols these days look up to groups like Stray Kids and Ateez.

There's not many 4th gen boy groups debuting and putting out music like TXT, which leads to many not looking up to them besides a few.

But at the end of the day, they stand out and that's why they are the boy group kpop stans and knetz will always like and root for.

They're growing organically. Maybe not as fast, but they are reaching different heights.

• Not really. The boys themselves are...decent idols, but hardcarried by their creative team.

Others could pull it off too, the problem is that almost all other 4th gen boy groups with the exception of Stray Kids and Ateez are copying NCT, Exo, and Stray Kids.

• Rather than "fantasy/magical" or "emo" being unique keywords, I think they have expressed these subjects in a particularly unique artistic way. Including by connecting it to a story universe which is more expansive and prioritized than the story worlds of most groups.

The thing that makes them artistic is both their subject matter, and that they clearly connect back to previous releases and their lore universe.

In contrast to groups with interesting and artistic subject matter but no expansive story universe. (most groups. Some examples maybe Victon and Oneus)

Or other groups with an emphasis on lore, but the genre of their universe or the concepts of individual songs aren't as interesting. (depends on your own preference: TXT, Billlie, aespa, Loona, Pixy, Dreamcatcher (early on). All these groups are interesting for doing a universe. But Loona is harder for an average listener to appreciate than TXT, Billlie, or aespa. aespa is seen as more gimmicky and less artistic than the other groups.)

WJSN in 3rd gen was also unique for their magical concept and people thought they were artistic at that time too.

Of course a lot of BGs have done something "dark" or "edgy" or something about a broken love, but TXT's way was particularly conceptual and artistic

So I would say that while other groups have had similar content, yes you are right that TXT is expressing it in a particularly artistic way and even connecting it to their universe

• Nmixx's concept is also clearly unique but like with aespa and SMCU many people see it as more gimmicky than artistic, or they don't like the songs.

Their lore universe is at the same rudimentary level as any non big4 group. So it's not really something people know

• Nmixx's concept is also clearly unique but like with aespa and SMCU many people see it as more gimmicky than artistic, or they don't like the songs.

Their lore universe is at the same rudimentary level as any non big4 group. So it's not really something people know

How is unique when many other groups did that before?

JYP is, once again, copying SM because the company is just that creatively bankrupt and lazy.

In nmixx's case is definitely a gimmick, because with Aespa SM is actually spending the money and effort to do something different, while JYP done nothing interesting with the concept and lore.

• How is unique when many other groups did that before?

JYP is, once again, copying SM because the company is just that creatively bankrupt and lazy.

In nmixx's case is definitely a gimmick, because with Aespa SM is actually spending the money and effort to do something different, while JYP done nothing interesting with the concept and lore.

Ah well, I guess their music style of switching genres and dramatically different sections could be similar to NCT/some Red Velvet songs, but I don't think that many other groups are being full on experimental, and the wackiest NCT/Red Velvet songs like that were a few years before Nmixx's debut.

I agree like I said Nmixx's universe lore is still on an insignificant level like most new-age k-pop groups, and not really able to cause a positive reception like aespa or TXT's universe. But putting aside the lore, which is only a big appeal for groups that really emphasize it. Nmixx's concept is unique from other groups, at least seen as an ambitious effort, even if the end result lame

Like aespa's avatars. Basically their idea or concept itself seems good in theory, but in reality people find it lame, so there are problems with the execution

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!