This “self-producing” narrative has went over some BG Stans head to the point that they think they are entitled to trash GGs.

• Apparently GGs don’t deserve sh*t cause they aren’t as self-producing as BGs and therefore their achievements can be discredited and downplayed.

It has never been an issue in Kpop that Groups had songs written for them, even BGs, but for some reason (especially with BP) it’s such a big issue that they don’t even deserve any achievement cause it’s unfair for the “ real players “

It’s also surprising how casual slut-shaming has become. Knowing that the majority of Kpop fans (especially for BGs) are female, i wonder where it started to go downhill.

This is one of the reason I’m pro gender split categories when it comes to achievements, cause if a GG wins over a BG these days the first thing you read is that they probably slept with the CEO or it was bought. I really thought we left that type of thinking in 2010!

• It’s also surprising how casual slut-shaming has become. Knowing that the majority of Kpop fans (especially for BGs) are female, i wonder where it started to go downhill.

I do wonder if those claiming that Blinks only like BlackPink because of "self-insert" (especially those cowards in the Anons) are the ones trying to reflect it back to us because they think they can date their oppas in real life. Usually, what you hate about others is something you also don't like about yourself so you find others to blame.

Females tend to be viler towards other females, to be honest. I have experienced misogyny from males but that is to be expected...so it saddens me when fellow females do it.

• This is one of the reason I’m pro gender split categories when it comes to achievements, cause if a GG wins over a BG these days the first thing you read is that they probably slept with the CEO or it was bought. I really thought we left that type of thinking in 2010!

I literally saw a comment insinuating this today, on this site

pepe-ooh

• That’s not even the point. It’s just that some think they above because their faves produce their own music.

Living vicariously through your faves does that to you.

But idgi..pop music is the epitome of "basic" in every way shape and form. How you find a way to feel superior over other acts lol especially as a fan when you've contributed to NOTHING besides giving money :pepe-life-support:

• I have a lot to say about the misogyny and slut shaming that has been happening torwards gg and especially BP but i don't think any of it is to be told publicly on this site :pepe-life-support:

And you will have people justifying it. They will claim that they don’t condone it… but will continue with a “but…”

I swear I never experienced it that hard.

• And you will have people justifying it. They will claim that they don’t condone it… but will continue with a “but…”

I remember not long ago on twitter i saw some stans claiming BP has never experienced misogyny..while in the same literal sentence, every single one of them were being misogynistic torwards them. You can't make that shit up.

• actually most of them time hit bg songs usually be self producing songs or songs members participated in production

Im sorry. i didnt saw them. Can you name some hits?

The BG songs i saw charting were all bts like dynamite, butter, etc.

If i watch now. Melon say lsfm, nj, gidle, ive...

I remember back in 2nd Gen BGs charted Like GGs. But so did GGs from nugu companies. The industry work hard to eliminate those interuptions. :p

• Isn’t “self-producing” brag was started by YG because of Bigbang? I remember the stans looked down on SM groups because of this. So blame YG stans. Lol.

Yeah I have no issue admitting that VIP’s used it to brag. But we didn’t claim that any GG out there that surpassed BigBang was sleeping with the CEO of the chart or that their achievement was bought . This is something I have seen popping up the last 3 years and it’s getting worse and worser each day .

You didn’t do anything with this comment

• Im sorry. i didnt saw them. Can you name some hits?

The BG songs i saw charting were all bts like dynamite, butter, etc.

If i watch now. Melon say lsfm, nj, gidle, ive...

I remember back in 2nd Gen BGs charted Like GGs. But so did GGs from nugu companies. The industry work hard to eliminate those interuptions. :p

this year's best charting bg song in korea still life has GD & T.O.P participating in the production

• And you will have people justifying it. They will claim that they don’t condone it… but will continue with a “but…”

So exactly the same way gg fans are complaining about their favs being slut-shamed but following with:

''X has small dick''.

There is a lot of toxic people but it's the same for bb and gb.

• Reminder to everyone that arguments like "But X is also doing Y" doesn't help solve issues like these, especially when women are still being looked down. Go also create a thread about BGs receiving sh*tty misandrist comments because it is a whole different topic. OP is rightfully frustrated because as a Blink, BP is being slutshamed for not producing stuff. If you can be outraged for your faves, can't we be too?

Unfortunately, BlackPink isn't the only GG getting comments like these. And even among GG stans, people still fight when one group produces songs and writes but the other doesn't. But that's a whole different topic.

• But GD... Isnt that big bang? Is that even 2nd Gen or is he even 1st Gen? Thats Like saying 4th Gen GG from small companies can still do well because we had Brave Girls last year. :sweat:

Give me another group please. If not 4th at least 3rd Gen. 🙈

BTS yet to come has rap line pariticipating in the production

Seventeen doesnt have hits this year but they are best charting boygroup after bigbang & bts this year in korea and they are self producing

but can any 2nd gen group chart better then bigbang now? if professional producers are that good or better than male idol producers why they still cant top bigbang with boygroup?

• Reminder to everyone that arguments like "But X is also doing Y" doesn't help solve issues like these, especially when women are still being looked down. Go also create a thread about BGs receiving sh*tty misandrist comments because it is a whole different topic. OP is rightfully frustrated because as a Blink, BP is being slutshamed for not producing stuff. If you can be outraged for your faves, can't we be too?

Unfortunately, BlackPink isn't the only GG getting comments like these. And even among GG stans, people still fight when one group produces songs and writes but the other doesn't. But that's a whole different topic.

Exactly, I’m aware and have also called out misandrist comments BGs are getting, but this is not about them and if you wanna talk about it create your own Thread.

I can’t click on a Chart Data or any account posting achievements where people aren’t extra dirty towards BP or other GG’s.

• Exactly, I’m aware and have also called out misandrist comments BGs are getting, but this is not about them and if you wanna talk about it create your own Thread.

I can’t click on a Chart Data or any account posting achievements where people aren’t extra dirty towards BP or other GG’s.

Right? Like, why are you complaining about that in a post that's specifically talking about GGs?

And speaking of being dirty towards BP, notice how some users title their faves' achievement threads. The passive-aggressiveness of these people with deep-seated issues towards Blinks...tried posting about it once on Anons but the mods didn't approve it.

• BTS yet to come has rap line pariticipating in the production

Seventeen doesnt have hits this year but they are best charting boygroup after bigbang & bts this year in korea and they are self producing

but can any 2nd gen group chart better then bigbang now? if professional producers are that good or better than male idol producers why they still cant top bigbang with boygroup?

I dont mean to say BG member are bad at song writing or producer are better.

I just stated they didnt chart like 2nd Gen used too. (same with GG from small companies) and i dont like this development.

My Initial comments were related to the point that fans of the BGs act hostile and superior whenever they feel their faves achievements are threatened by a GG.

And that GG fans dont need to take it too seriously cause its mainly just very young insecure girls coming up with this toxic behavior. Since after all GG also have their fields were they doing better.

• I dont mean to say BG member are bad at song writing or producer are better.

I just stated they didnt chart like 2nd Gen used too. (same with GG from small companies) and i dont like this development.

My Initial comments were related to the point that fans of the BGs act hostile and superior whenever they feel their faves achievements are threatened by a GG.

And that GG fans dont need to take it too seriously cause its mainly just very young insecure girls coming up with this toxic behavior. Since after all GG also have their fields were they doing better.

there are so many non self producing 4th gen boygroups like txt, enhypen but still dont chart, its not like the only self producing groups not charting lol

2nd gen bigbang was best charting boygroup (self producing group)

3rd gen bts was best charting boygroup (self producing group)

even one of the biggest boygroup hit Love Scenario was self producing song

4th gen bgs not charting because gp have no interest in them, they have to be on bigbang or bts level to gain some attention in korea, and thats very high threshold, people need to understand its 10x harder for bgs to chart compared to ggs before dragging them for their charting

historically looking at it bg hit songs usually be self producing or members have contribution, there adre few hits where members have no contribution, pretty much male idol producers are better than professional producers to me.

For example Brave Brothers can give Brave Girls hit song, they literally rose from ashes, but can they give one for their bg DKB? he cant

• The whole thing of idols producing their songs is laughable honestly we all know that companies control their idols to the core nothing gets out without their approval so are you really self produced if everything is agreed by the company? also writing songs and having two or three other producers with you doesn't make the idol self produced so there is that .

• i doubt its harder for bts to chart than for Brave Girls. :sweat:

Brave brothers cant give Brave Girls a Hit Song. Rollin sold 1000 copies when it was released. They had to do part time jobs to finance their GG activity for several years, visit the military at places no other artists will ever go plus a miracle that people finally gave them some recognision.

GG from small companies chart similar to Boy groups. :P

Brave bro could give Hit Songs to bigger artists. Sistar or bigbang for example.

Wait a Moment. arent you the atiny who should have remembered me that ateez have their CB on the 30th?

• What gets me is nearly every time I've seen that drag it comes from a stan whose group hasn't put out good music in years.

Blackpink has always had a lot of creative input in their music, even if they don't take a hand in production. Not everything has to be self-written or self-composed to reflect the artist accurately or have a personal feel. It's weird how kpop fans suddenly became so anal about it over the last few years when most of the big artists in the world right now that write songs have several co-writers and producers.

• Isn’t “self-producing” brag was started by YG because of Bigbang? I remember the stans looked down on SM groups because of this. So blame YG stans. Lol.

Unless you are saying some bgs stans including armys are VIP's child idk how this is even a convo here. "oh, this started in 2006 so in 2022 we still replicate this behavior bc it's the right thing" did you see a logic here? Bc i didn't.

• I literally saw a comment insinuating this today, on this site

pepe-ooh

Sike

I hope they are banned or got a warning atleast

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This thread contains 171 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!