TWICE was the most streamed GG on Spotify US and Japan in 2022!

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not sure if this is true but Pop Crave tweeted so :wellr:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Queens of Kpop for a reason :lover1:

Best selling GG too? Damn, next tour gonna be crazy

Best selling GG too? Damn, next tour gonna be crazy

pls i can't handle the ticket buying:cryingr: it's only going to get worse :cryingr:

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• wait wth?? I knew Twice were doing good but I honestly thought BP would've had the #1 for the US market. Especially with the double title tracks and all the records they broke. But I am so proud of Twice for this. I literally still can't believe it lol.

• wait wth?? I knew Twice were doing good but I honestly thought BP would've had the #1 for the US market. Especially with the double title tracks and all the records they broke. But I am so proud of Twice for this. I literally still can't believe it lol.

It's bc bp tracking is just 2 months and 2 week as born pink was release in sep and the tracking end in Nov, twice released an album in Nov of 2021 making their tracking a whole year + this new album

Bp tracking will count for most of next year + whatever music they release

If they decide to release music ;judgingpepe:

• I don’t understand why akp has this “Twice has ended” vibe. I didn’t see any threads on this, so I just want to congratulate Twice and Once!

and of course they still dominate Japan..

Congrats!!

• Yes, I like Twice.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

290 millions streams on US this year the most of any ggs, no tracking week shenanigans included

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Tracking period was January 1 to October 31 for Spotify.
    Through December another group that released music later has more US streams but Spotify wrapped always ends early.

Billboard tracking period was November to November, so Twice topping it with two albums makes sense compared to better selling groups with just one album.

Through December another group that released music later has more US streams but Spotify wrapped always ends early.

Billboard tracking period was November to November, so Twice topping it with two albums makes sense compared to better selling groups with just one album.

Billboard's "chart year" runs from the first week of December to the final week in November.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…Hot_100#:~:text=Billboard's%20%22chart%20year%22,the%20final%20week%20in%20November.

• Billboard's "chart year" runs from the first week of December to the final week in November.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…Hot_100#:~:text=Billboard's%20%22chart%20year%22,the%20final%20week%20in%20November.

Reading literacy and information literacy is important. The information is inaccurate as it states, "This altered calendar allows for Billboard to calculate year-end charts and release them in time for its final print issue in the last week of December."
    The information about this was released a few weeks ago, which is not the last week of December as stated. The tracking week this year included most of November of last year.

Each year they release it at different times and the tracking period varies. Whoever wrote that portion of the wiki page is going off of old info or it hasn't been updated in a long time.

There were no better selling girl groups in the US. Both of their albums topped the competition individually.

Top Album Sales
    Visit the post for more.
    www.billboard.com

• Individually both of their albums sold less, but together they sold more. It's heavily based on timing.
    Just like Twice had more Spotify US streams in the US in the tracking period, but Born Pink was the most streamed album in he US in the tracking period.

I guess you can't read charts.

• Reading literacy and information literacy is important. The information is inaccurate as it states, "This altered calendar allows for Billboard to calculate year-end charts and release them in time for its final print issue in the last week of December."
    The information about this was released a few weeks ago, which is not the last week of December as stated. The tracking week this year included most of November of last year.

Each year they release it at different times and the tracking period varies. Whoever wrote that portion of the wiki page is going off of old info or it hasn't been updated in a long time.

Then?

• I guess you can't read charts.

This covered basically the entire chart run of both of Twice's albums and only several weeks of Born Pinks. Based on the current numbers through mid December, both are below Born Pink, which charted longer than either.

Being able to understand data and numbers is a crucial part of informational literacy. The key is the tracking period.

Then?

Born Pink isn't considered a World Album by billboard. This was a big controversy when the album came out. Really wish Onces knew how to read deeply sometimes.

• Born Pink isn't considered a World Album by billboard. This was a big controversy when the album came out. Really wish Onces knew how to read deeply sometimes.

I still see non kpop albums in the list though

If I am supposed to read deeply every achievement articles then I am enjoying kpop for the wrong reasons.

Anyway where are ur sources? Dont tell me those tracking period things you speak of are something you pull out of ur asses

• I still see non kpop albums in the list though

If I am supposed to read deeply every achievement articles then I am enjoying kpop for the wrong reasons.

Anyway where are ur sources? Dont tell me those tracking period things you speak of are something you pull out of ur asses

You think I have more than one ass? Not sure what you mean by asses lol.

Billboard deemed Born Pink to be an English album, so it's ineligible or the World Chart. Hence it never charting there. The Album still has more weeks on the World Chart their all of Twice's albums combined on that chart btw.

You sent me an outdated wikipedia lol. It's really not hard to do your research.

290 millions streams on US this year the most of any ggs, no tracking week shenanigans included

Is there any difference between on demand streams and total streams. Because i seen a tweet that bp pull 500m on demand streams on us this year. I just curious what is the difference between two.

• Is there any difference between on demand streams and total streams. Because i seen a tweet that bp pull 500m on demand streams on us this year. I just curious what is the difference between two.

Post the tweet please, I just want to confirm something. Google says on-demand is a type of music service, e.g. tidal, spotify and apple music are all on-demand services as you can choose what you listen to and when. If my guess is right, the post you saw counted their streams across all on-demand streaming sites in the USA, which could mean the 500m is not just for spotify but across all platforms but this Twice achievement is for Spotify only.

According to this article in 2021 Spotify had about 30% market share globally so potentially that is comparing 100% of BP's US streams to 30% of Twice's.

Streaming music report sheds light on battle between Spotify, Amazon, Apple, and Google
    Spotify reportedly controls 31 percent of the market.
    www.theverge.com

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!