I don't think any bts member wants to establish himself as a well known soloist

• The way they're moving with solo releases, the non existent promo and marketing tells me they're really comfortable being in the group and just want to share their music with audience.

Approved the thread.
  • Oh yes, sure. That makes sense...

• i think it depends upon each member... jimin will want to stay with the group for longer, but suga (or, more accurately, August D), definitely wants to pursue more solo work. i count RM in on that as well, and Jungkook - doesn't he routinely show interest in acts away from the group? with his collab work especially.

• why are they not promoting their solo like other soloist? it is so weird

They don't care about charts. They just want to share art and enjoy doing the things they weren't able to do in group (fashion events and variety shows etc) That's what I feel like.

Didn't J-Hope headlined a major festival, held a listening party, went on IU's show?

Jin performed with Coldplay in Argentina, went to 3 variety shows and had one of his own. His listening party was cancelled because of Itaewon accident.

• they don't want to promote like idols because they are dIfFeReNt and not kpop

• RM is having a small concert to promote his new album plus going to co-host a variety show 'The Dictionary of Useless Knowledge.

Because they don’t need the money. They are already making enough with BTS. This gives them more freedom in their solo career.

• Jungkook is making the same kind of English language, GP friendly music BTS made when they went after their American crossover so I don’t think that’s true at all.

• They are still using the not-promoting excuse I see

• Jungkook is making the same kind of English language, GP friendly music BTS made when they went after their American crossover so I don’t think that’s true at all.

Still with you, Your eyes tell, Film out, Decalcomania ..... soooo American crossover.

Sometimes I wonder if kpopies know anything about Jungkook above "bunny smiles" and tattoos.

• The copium cause all solos released were a flop and just got numbers cause of the fandom.

I was told BTS as a group and individuals were huge in SK but SK must have forgotten.

• What Bts' members gonna be if they're not fortunate enough to become a successful solo (not fandom driven but popular in public)

Rapline = producer, featuring for popular artists. Suga has the biggest potential

Jin = actor

Taehyung = actor, model (not runway model)

Jimin = he's really hard to predict but he's a good performer so i have a high expectation he's gonna succeed

Jungkook = he's bound to be popular ( he can sing and dance. He's still young compare to his members)

• The copium cause all solos released were a flop and just got numbers cause of the fandom.

I was told BTS as a group and individuals were huge in SK but SK must have forgotten.

The only copium here are Kpoppies thinking they flopped

All of them surpassed every other kpop solo and that, without promotion for the albums/songs, shady deals or releasing 100 versions of the same thing

• BTS solo members could do the Superbowl Halftime show and BTS fans would still peddle no promo as an excuse

No solo artists in kpop have a bigger platform for their music.

• Taehyung model and actor? He's really passionate about music. Jimin will be a successful korean solo idol.

• Their so called flop ended revery kpop release of this year.

Where? Cause in SK they didn't even chart. Worldwide Jungkook collab is getting a good number and that is it.

• BTS solo members could do the Superbowl Halftime show and BTS fans would still peddle no promo as an excuse

No solo artists in kpop have a bigger platform for their music.

Kpop fans are delusional. If BTS are flopping by your standards then your faves are directly making Kpop worse by just existing. BTS are still achieving more than your faves because South Korea isn’t by any measure the standard of success in the music industry.

• People on akp are worse than my Asian parents. Imagine calling ANY BTS member flop :pepe-life-support:

Imagine going upto A Bunch of multimillionaires who can do anything they want because they have so much power and calling them flops :pepe-life-support:

Only k-pop fans :dancer-pepe:

Yes now use only fandom, flop in Sk as excuses when Jin is about to become the best selling Kpop soloist and Jungkook has every streaming record globally on Spotify for Kpop soloists.

• Yes now use only fandom, flop in Sk as excuses when Jin is about to become the best selling Kpop soloist and Jungkook has every streaming record globally on Spotify for Kpop soloists.

Flopping in Sk is not an excuse. They all flopped there.

Jungkook is the only one having good numbers and it is a collaboration.

• Flopping in Sk is not an excuse. They all flopped there.

Jungkook is the only one having good numbers and it is a collaboration.

Dreamers is climbing up melon 24hits and hitting new peaks in ULs today btw. L&R peaked #20 and is still currently charting on melon top 100 as we speak.

Dreamers is also still top 10 on Global Spotify... only other kpop soloist songs that have done more are L&R and Money, so if you are calling dreamers numbers a flop than every single korean and kpop soloist are flopping as well worldwide.

• people calling bts solos flops when those solos have higher spotify , YouTube streams, billboard entries and sales then every other kpop act excluding bts and BP.

Most idols you stan would love to flop like that weirdos.

• Where? Cause in SK they didn't even chart. Worldwide Jungkook collab is getting a good number and that is it.

How much money can you make from charting in SK? Will GP buy your music?

Jin selling more than 1million albums at $14 per album would pocket how much money? OP not making any sense? Ask any kpop idol if they prefer selling albums and concert tickets vs charting in Korea?

• Left and right wasn't a flop on melon and so is new WC anthem.

Really? Give me the peaks and how stable it is please.

• Bts has never promoted themselves as individuals in SK. They're not famous as soloists in SK no matter how hard to try to deny it that's just the truth. Without promo they're not gonna chart. Maybe jk will do now because WC anthem rose his popularity alot in SK.

• I mean they already know what feels like being the top act and having numerous #1 songs so yeah, maybe some dont want to keep doing that anymore

• Really? Give me the peaks and how stable it is please.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Should I be impressed with this?

• Really? Give me the peaks and how stable it is please.

The most used streaming service in SK is Youtube music, maybe you aren't keeping up with how your beloved Melon is dying.

His 4 performances and music video are topping Sk youtube trends for 4 days, go see it yourself.

You all are so shameless with your nitpicking, it can't be more obvious.

• Where? Cause in SK they didn't even chart. Worldwide Jungkook collab is getting a good number and that is it.

Tells me you know nothing about bTS solos when you say this. All of them charted on Melon Daily, Jin is still on it. Their collabs with korean artists, their Korean OSTs like Christmas Tree all are gp popular and done top 10, top 20 Melon.

There are 5 BTS members songs on Melon daily right now - Rush Hour, That that, Left and Right, Dreamers and Astronaut and before you say the collabs are not their songs, be a bit shameful. Even a Grammy considers a collaborator credit worthy but Kpoppies wanna act like their contribution is zero cause its BTS.

• What music? We're yet to hear anything from him as a soloist.

Left and Right and Dreamers and Stay Alive. That’s what is in his Spotify.

Still with you, Your eyes tell, Film out, Decalcomania ..... soooo American crossover.

Sometimes I wonder if kpopies know anything about Jungkook above "bunny smiles" and tattoos.

Nope, I don’t know anything about him but none of that stuff is on his Spotify.

Successful solo work will need to talk to people who don’t know them that well, so the kpoppies you look down on and the gp.

What we see is Left and Right and Dreamers and Stay Alive. That’s pretty mainstream and that’s what’s on his Spotify.

• Still with you, Your eyes tell, Film out, Decalcomania ..... soooo American crossover.

username checks out

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!