Bts are losing their US fanbase very rapidly

• and hybe and their own decisions are to blame for it.

Who told hybe that it was good decision to completely ignore USA while doing promotions or for jk to perform at fifa.

They are at a point in their career where everyone knows them. People who were interested in them are already their fans or exfans.

Maybe fifa's exposure would be a better idea for some other unknown group like txt or skz but for bts it will only result in losing their hard earned fanbase, because they will feel betrayed by them.

Approved the thread.
  • No they're moving to new groups like txt and skz that's it. Kpop stans don't care about social issues. Txt promoted a lot there not surprised that armys are following them now.

• American Armys have been the most 'spoiled' since they started promoting there. They got the better treatment even than Korean Armys.

So if they feel left out this time, it's nothing more than the rest of Armys have been feeling. It's ok, they will survive.

I understand the backlash for the performance but I also feel it's a little hypocritical too. American Armys, in particular, borderline forced at times BTS to be the super woke group they wanted them to be. And at times it worked and the had to do their bidding to appease fans.

Like it or not, this was a huge 'gig' for Jungkook. It opened doors in markets that can be really lucrative for them.

I think BTS have reached the finishing line, so to speak, when it comes to American success. Unless they release a song like Dynamite again, they won't be given the time of day, both from the company and the gp. And I have a feeling the group is over that at this point.

I don't blame them for trying other stuff.

• If BlackPink who barely release music and pay attention to their fans, still on top and making noise etc, then BTS we know will be fine.

We all expected this to happen once the hiatus news dropped. BigHit is always ahead. They knew fans was gonna leave and things was gonna slow down apart from group activities.

So BTS losing a chunk of fans won't hurt them at all.

The more they lose, the more they'll gain once they put out group music again or do something big as a group again. This is nothing.

They pretty much too big to fail at this point, same for BlackPink- no matter how much people try to deny it. So even if a good amount of U.S fans leave, other international fans from other countries make up for it. And again they gain new fans all the time..not just in the U.S either.

• Many of the decisions for the international market are baffling. If there's a wrong step to take, they take it. But BTS still have the biggest fandom by far so they can absorb all the embarrassing songs and the shameful human rights faux pas'. I think they'll be fine - until the day a relationship is confirmed. Then they will hemorrhage fans. Even if it's only RM. A relationship pierces the fictional bubble that the group are satisfied with a 7 member circle jerk private life and "the love of Army". And they can't put it off forever...

• while i won't defend some of the decisions that were made in bts' carreer,

you are all such doom thinkers... despite many questionable actions by hybe, bts still has - by far - the biggest fandom in the US. On what platform or measurement are you basing this accusation on?

. I think they'll be fine - until the day a relationship is confirmed. Then they will hemorrhage fans. Even if it's only RM. A relationship pierces the fictional bubble that the group are satisfied with a 7 member circle jerk private life and "the love of Army". And they can't put it off forever...

that's quite interesting because just this year tae, one of the most popular members, got into a big dating scandal & he hasn't lost one bit of support by army, internationally or domestically.

kpoppies have giddily been saying this for YEARS, but the day it happened & it was even with someone army liked the least, nothing changed. his magazine cover became the best sold one from ALL idols, his fanbases are all still running & supportive and army still adore him...

• First of all, FIFA wanted Jungkook and BTS, they will not take any nugu group to open a Ceremony.

Not only will that be a waste but the world knows BTS are amazing performers (unlike most of kpop) and Jungkook just proved them correct

This is not a charity and HYBE does not have the power to keep pushingtheir flops into everyone's faces.

They have tried before and people have been DISAPPOINTED

Second of all, Jungkook is going viral everywhere and the song is a success. The reception has been overwhelmingly positive.

This is the best decision ever

They have managed to crack one of the worst audience (borderline haters) BTS has ever had. This is such a win, less obsessed haters to persecute BTS.

Thanks to Jungkook for being so talented!

Finally, the US doesn't care about football, I don't think US ARMY will be leaving just because Jungkook has an activity anywhere else (fake woke people -all multis- who act hypocritical and throw BTS under the bus are not ARMY to me and they will come back crawling as the obsessed Kpoppies they are).

You just wait and Watch real ARMY show up for his album debut.

• On what basis do you claim that BTS has lost fans in the US? Y'all be saying anything when BTS are one of the few pop acts in the world to hold back to back stadium tours there and none of the kpop groups y'all stanning are ever getting anywhere close to those numbers.

Also it was FIFA themselves who chose jungkook to perform and sing their main song for this world cup not the other way around. The biggest event organisers are not gonna make groups like TXT and stray kids who don't even have a decent hit in their discography to perform like be serious.

• Many of the decisions for the international market are baffling. If there's a wrong step to take, they take it. But BTS still have the biggest fandom by far so they can absorb all the embarrassing songs and the shameful human rights faux pas'. I think they'll be fine - until the day a relationship is confirmed. Then they will hemorrhage fans. Even if it's only RM. A relationship pierces the fictional bubble that the group are satisfied with a 7 member circle jerk private life and "the love of Army". And they can't put it off forever...

Taehyung one of the most popular kpop idol ever and a BTS member had arguably the biggest dating scandal with a very popular idol just a few months back and he still hasn't lost an ounce of support? Lmao keep dreaming

Tf are you talking about, most Armys already know they date. Even if they don't say it (they don't have to say it, they have the right to be private about that) we know these seven adult men date lmao.

• Tf are you talking about, most Armys already know they date. Even if they don't say it (they don't have to say it, they have the right to be private about that) we know these seven adult men date lmao.

OP is talking about official confirmed relationship. It always makes a difference when idols confirm relationship officially. Up until then it's all just hypothetical.

• Y'all just want desperately BTS fans to stan your faves.

Keep up the dream!

• Is nicki losing her US fandom just cause her Fifa song didn't do that well cause thats the typa logic you all are pulling. the US Is barely into the football (soccer) world since they are more focused on american football & baseball etc. Its only been growing their recently.

Anyway BTS members still chart on US album charts with DIGITALS alone.... Jin charted at #51 with his solo for the astronaut... on the hot 100....

Hobi literally had the biggest demand as he headlined lollapalloza (a guess what... US festival)

i assure you if BTS were to announce a tour or shows in the US right now... it would probably be harder to get tickets than it even was to get them for PTD LA and LV (and i assure you that was already hard considering it sold out in ARMY PRE SALE ALONE -- didn't even get to general fan presale, let alone general sale)

• LMAO, BTs will always have more US fans than any kpop group. Kpop fans should worry more about when Kpop stops being trendy (hint: after BTS enlists) and starts losing all their current fans. The western music scene has been lackluster with only the disappointing debut of Olivia Rodrigo making any waves. A real western star is long overdue. All the western fans will leave Kpop when that happens.

• while i won't defend some of the decisions that were made in bts' carreer,

you are all such doom thinkers... despite many questionable actions by hybe, bts still has - by far - the biggest fandom in the US. On what platform or measurement are you basing this accusation on?

that's quite interesting because just this year tae, one of the most popular members, got into a big dating scandal & he hasn't lost one bit of support by army, internationally or domestically.

kpoppies have giddily been saying this for YEARS, but the day it happened & it was even with someone army liked the least, nothing changed. his magazine cover became the best sold one from ALL idols, his fanbases are all still running & supportive and army still adore him...

no he hasn't ill intended rumors don't count as dating scandals

• and hybe and their own decisions are to blame for it.

Who told hybe that it was good decision to completely ignore USA while doing promotions or for jk to perform at fifa.

They are at a point in their career where everyone knows them. People who were interested in them are already their fans or exfans.

Maybe fifa's exposure would be a better idea for some other unknown group like txt or skz but for bts it will only result in losing their hard earned fanbase, because they will feel betrayed by them.

this dream is too good to be true lmao. keep dreaming. if it wasn't bts, it still wouldn't be your kpop favs.

• the wishful thinking is here is wild

• they could literally sell out stadiums in every state in the US and probably sell them out in presale like Taylor lol

this forum’s bravery and copium has reached new levels the past few weeks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!