Being A Blink Has Been Really Hard For Me Lately

• The toxicity in youtube(my main source of kpop ent) has been too much recently. I can't watch a single bp short/video without there being some toxicity in the comments or in the video itself.

Earlier, there was a new video post from an older performance and Jennie left the stage to fix her outfit cause she was having a wardrobe malfunction and if she continued then she would have flashed to everyone in the audience.

And the comments? She's so lazy, unprofessional. Even when blinks in comments were explaining the whole situation they were saying blinks were blindly defending her.

There's more. Recently, I was watching a typa girl performance from the L.A concert and one of the comments was saying the performance was really good and the reply to the comment was that it was only good cus their "L.A friends" were there. They had great performances in Newark, Chicago, Hamilton, etc and from what I know their L.A friends were nowhere to be seen.

And it certainly doesn't help a certain toxic ktuber's videos pop up whenever I search for bp concert performances even after I did the don't recommend this channel on the channel.

Basically, it's impossible to avoid the toxicity no matter how hard I try. And this toxicity is really ruining my mood and I just want to enjoy content from my favs without my mood getting ruined by all this toxicity.

Wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience.

BlinkTaglist

• Go to Best Answer
  • just dont read the comments honestly?

Yt comments are worse than twitter

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's been relatively bad, many videos both on youtube and viral tweets about BP..but at the end of the day these people are irrevelant. BP are a huge group, they're bound to have just as many haters. And especially as women unfortunately..at the end of the day these comments and negative vids don't affect them in any kind of way. Try to remember this pls :pleading: Also you should start blocking channels! There's many clickbaity ones fishing for views..block immediately after you see them.

• this is where it all starts. change your main source of kpop ent, youtube fandoms are the worst

well I don't have any other sources. I watch music videos, performances all on youtube and it's the only place I can. I mean no one's apploading full music videos and performances on insta or twt lol.

• well I don't have any other sources. I watch music videos, performances all on youtube and it's the only place I can. I mean no one's apploading full music videos and performances on insta or twt lol.

that's the platform we all use to watch music videos. watch the video and close the app/window.

twitter is the best source for actual news. they are up to date with everything, not just videos. they post straight news and facts, not commentaries from toxic people who say whatever they need to give them clicks and clout

• that's the platform we all use to watch music videos. watch the video and close the app/window.

twitter is the best source for actual news. they are up to date with everything, not just videos. they post straight news and facts, not commentaries from toxic people who say whatever they need to give them clicks and clout

idk, I can't really get any other type of social media and isn't twt like really toxic too?? It might not have toxic videos but it certainly has toxic tweets and people

• Earlier, there was a new video post from an older performance and Jennie left the stage to fix her outfit cause she was having a wardrobe malfunction and if she continued then she would have flashed to everyone in the audience.

And the comments? She's so lazy, unprofessional. Even when blinks in comments were explaining the whole situation they were saying blinks were blindly defending her.

Wtf?? That's taken this way too far. This trend of hating on Blackpink's performances in the group is over-exaggerated enough but how can you hate on someone for fixing something that wasn't even her fault???

Please. The immaturity levels are over the charts--- :pepefacepalm:

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• idk, I can't really get any other type of social media and isn't twt like really toxic too?? It might not have toxic videos but it certainly has toxic tweets and people

it is, but as i said, you can find actual news there. there are accounts that only post official news and translations, they don't trash anyone. i don't follow anyone but bts, i see no toxicity on my timeline, i see only recommendations that are nice and funny

• Honestly it just comes with a BP comeback. Hating on them apparently doesn't go out of style and kpop YouTubers are annoying/wholely unoriginal anyway.

We've got a great album and while we unfortunately didn't get a lot of promotion or content for it, we have a tong if great/cute/funny/endearing moments for it, the broken home era of Chaelisa, the continuing homewrecker era of Jennie, Rosé being extremely catholic then extremely not Catholic.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

I'm just happy it's not getting to them publicly anymore. D4 and KTL was hard

In the end, Blackpink is always what matters most at the end of the day

Fh_tF2-XoAIlyHm?format=jpg&name=large

In the end, Blackpink is all that matters

• idk, I can't really get any other type of social media and isn't twt like really toxic too?? It might not have toxic videos but it certainly has toxic tweets and people

It's just matter of following right people and curating your timeline.

Honestly I learn more kpop wars from allkpop than from Twitter cuz I blocked everyone that was bringing negativity on my timeline - both from my fandom and multis/other kpop fans. You can also block certain words, so it also helps with making certain topics dissappear from your view.

The truth is that the one having a lot of negativity on their timeline just silently like the drama and that's why they follow and observe certain accounts and have more toxic timeline

Edited once, last by Ciri ().

• It's crazy...I hate it so much. It's literally on every single video relating to Blackpink now and it's pretty annoying. And then any blink that tries to defend them is put under the dirt and told "well, they're idols. It's their job to not make so many mistakes."

Just so much toxicity and I'd do my best to stay away from it if I were you. I don't really care if someone thinks that Blackpink's performances have been mediocre, that's they're opinion but I don't see a reason to put down others what they enjoy.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• u need to learn that NOTHING this people said will affect bp

I'm sure many groups cmb since the tour started but nobody knows bc all people talks is bp tour, and that's why they are still such a relevant group, bc debut and cmb get drowned by a tour its not normal

u simply have to not care, bc bp will keep doing well, what junkookcok1920 or nayeontits2022 said in twitter/yt/tiktok will not change what bp is doing now and how successful the are at it

• it is, but as i said, you can find actual news there. there are accounts that only post official news and translations, they don't trash anyone. i don't follow anyone but bts, i see no toxicity on my timeline, i see only recommendations that are nice and funny

That's pretty much my feed as well. Except, of course, it's mostly Twice because a lot of Twitter ONCE are sweet. Or at least, the ones that I follow.

Honestly, if you follow the right people, you can kind of avoid the toxicity. It will always be there but the people you follow show up on your feed more than some other social media (where they get you started with topics you're interested in/accounts you follow and then lead you into things to expose you to other creators).

Most of my feed are Twice updates, translations, cute and funny stuff for the most part. Though I will say that I've seen some toxicity in my feed. Not just a whole lot as people make it out to be. It can become a real shitshow there though.

• It's been relatively bad, many videos both on youtube and viral tweets about BP..but at the end of the day these people are irrevelant. BP are a huge group, they're bound to have just as many haters. And especially as women unfortunately..at the end of the day these comments and negative vids don't affect them in any kind of way. Try to remember this pls :pleading: Also you should start blocking channels! There's many clickbaity ones fishing for views..block immediately after you see them.

Amen! Blackpink has a lot of haters but they also have a lot of fans. So in the end, it's okay.

• For me, it's like a habit. For some reason, I usually find myself going straight to the comments section either during a video or after one. I like seeing others' discussion but it's not fun when there's so much toxicity infesting it.

No, I get it. I loved reading comments before but now I'm usually great at pinpointing for what content I shouldn't even open them anymore. I read it when I know they will be either positive or there will be a good conversation.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• it is, but as i said, you can find actual news there. there are accounts that only post official news and translations, they don't trash anyone. i don't follow anyone but bts, i see no toxicity on my timeline, i see only recommendations that are nice and funny

that's interesting, you def have more control over what you can see in twt it seems. But I can't get twt(my parents won't allow). And I don't know how to do any other blocking other than the don't recommend thing on yt and reporting spam comments(I think that's the only way you can block on here)

• It's just matter of following right people and curating your timeline.

Honestly I learn more kpop wars from allkpop than from Twitter cuz I blocked everyone that was bringing negativity on my timeline - both from my fandom and multis/other kpop fans. You can also block certain words, so it also helps with making certain topics dissappear from your view.

The truth is that the one having a lot of negativity on their timeline just silently like the drama and that's why they follow and observe certain accounts and have more toxic timeline

how do you block certain words on youtube?? I've been doing the don't recommend thing on yt for the ktubers, they don't appear on my recoms but if I search up anything related to bp they do appear in the search things.

• that's interesting, you def have more control over what you can see in twt it seems. But I can't get twt(my parents won't allow). And I don't know how to do any other blocking other than the don't recommend thing on yt and reporting spam comments(I think that's the only way you can block on here)

oh yes, i forgot that you cannot access twitter! then i don't know what's the solution : /

• oh yes, i forgot that you cannot access twitter! then i don't know what's the solution : /

it's literally impossible, I found another way to block yt users and literally went to their channel and directly blocked them and I searched up bp again and their videos were in the results, it's so freaking annoying.

• No, I get it. I loved reading comments before but now I'm usually great at pinpointing for what content I shouldn't even open them anymore. I read it when I know they will be either positive or there will be a good conversation.

Ah, that makes sense. That's a good skill to have tbh. It can't take away from the video if you don't read the comments at all. Ngl, I sometimes like to read fights in comment replies for entertainment purposes as long as I don't get into it myself but I know when it can become tiring to see all that negativity, even for me.

But you know what's even more difficult? Actually seeing the videos hating on the members and then people supporting that is kind of scary to me. I'm so used to toxic creators who make toxic videos and then people in the comment section fighting against it.

I mean, I was scrolling through YouTube Shorts and saw a video just like the one I described the other day.

• it's literally impossible, I found another way to block yt users and literally went to their channel and directly blocked them and I searched up bp again and their videos were in the results, it's so freaking annoying.

Amen. Blocking on YouTube is so dumb. It's definitely not as reinforced as blocking accounts on other social media platforms. What does blocking on YouTube even do for us, really? The videos find their way on your feed regardless. ;(

Heck, the only thing it probably does is block channels from commenting on your videos. That's the only YouTube blocking feature that is reliable, pretty much.

• Ah, that makes sense. That's a good skill to have tbh. It can't take away from the video if you don't read the comments at all. Ngl, I sometimes like to read fights in comment replies for entertainment purposes as long as I don't get into it myself but I know when it can become tiring to see all that negativity, even for me.

But you know what's even more difficult? Actually seeing the videos hating on the members and then people supporting that is kind of scary to me. I'm so used to toxic creators who make toxic videos and then people in the comment section fighting against it.

I mean, I was scrolling through YouTube Shorts and saw a video just like the one I described the other day.

This is my main problem, and it's really hard to use the blocking thing cause it's not from a couple of users, it's from multiple users. I am still going to try though, my recoms have been better but I still get videos like that when I search up bp(seems like the don't recom and blocking doesn't apply when you search up things) and it seriously ruins my mood.

It's so annoying being really excited to watch a performance, searching up it and then seeing a video like that ruin ur mood and make you close out of the app.

You don't even have to watch the video to have ur mood ruined, the thumbnails are just as toxic as the videos if not more.

• This is my main problem, and it's really hard to use the blocking thing cause it's not from a couple of users, it's from multiple users. I am still going to try though, my recoms have been better but I still get videos like that when I search up bp(seems like the don't recom and blocking doesn't apply when you search up things) and it seriously ruins my mood.

It's so annoying being really excited to watch a performance, searching up it and then seeing a video like that ruin ur mood and make you close out of the app.

You don't even have to watch the video to have ur mood ruined, the thumbnails are just as toxic as the videos if not more.

Exactly! People complain about the comments and that's understandable but it's not just that. It's the videos too. Some people should see how much the hate fest as traveled to the minds of the creators too and it's just causing a whole beacon of toxicity. You can't even search up Blackpink anymore without seeing one of those videos and I agree, it's very mood wrecking.

This is honestly out of control. Maybe I should stay away from Blackpink videos for a while until their tour is over. It's gotten that bad. ;(

• Amen. Blocking on YouTube is so dumb. It's definitely not as reinforced as blocking accounts on other social media platforms. What does blocking on YouTube even do for us, really? The videos find their way on your feed regardless. ;(

Heck, the only thing it probably does is block channels from commenting on your videos. That's the only YouTube blocking feature that is reliable, pretty much.

yeah, and it's not going to stop because those negative videos get a lot more views than positive ones, some of them even have many more views than actual performances(which is probs why they keep on popping up).

And it's not like they are going shift their focus, these guys have figured out hating on bp gets them more views than hating on literally any other group. So all they do is spam bp hate videos, and people fall for it so easily.

• Exactly! People complain about the comments and that's understandable but it's not just that. It's the videos too. Some people should see how much the hate fest as traveled to the minds of the creators too and it's just causing a whole beacon of toxicity. You can't even search up Blackpink anymore without seeing one of those videos and I agree, it's very mood wrecking.

This is honestly out of control. Maybe I should stay away from Blackpink videos for a while until their tour is over. It's gotten that bad. ;(

i've been thinking about that too, but their performances are some of my favorites so I don't want to do that either.

• yeah, and it's not going to stop because those negative videos get a lot more views than positive ones, some of them even have many more views than actual performances(which is probs why they keep on popping up).

And it's not like they are going shift their focus, these guys have figured out hating on bp gets them more views than hating on literally any other group. So all they do is spam bp hate videos, and people fall for it so easily.

Yep, and it's really sad. And it's terrible because you see these positive ones and then the comments won't shut up about how "bad" Blackpink has been performing even if there were no mistakes present in these videos. Seriously...leave the negativity where it belongs. There's no need to bring it up in the videos where blinks are praising them. Leave them be.

I know, right? It's all a full cycle. Blinks are probably the most loyal fandom and a lot of them would do anything to protect. And Blackpink is also one of the most hated groups in the industry. What does that create? The perfect recipe for clout.

• i've been thinking about that too, but their performances are some of my favorites so I don't want to do that either.

Yeah, I've seen some of their performances and they really are good. One thing I love about concerts is that you get performances for b-sides and such that you wouldn't get anytime else. It's really nice.

Concerts are supposed to be for fans. Let it be enjoyable instead of making it a battleground, please? ;(

• Yep, and it's really sad. And it's terrible because you see these positive ones and then the comments won't shut up about how "bad" Blackpink has been performing even if there were no mistakes present in these videos. Seriously...leave the negativity where it belongs. There's no need to bring it up in the videos where blinks are praising them. Leave them be.

I know, right? It's all a full cycle. Blinks are probably the most loyal fandom and a lot of them would do anything to protect. And Blackpink is also one of the most hated groups in the industry. What does that create? The perfect recipe for clout.

i guess its the price to pay for fame, though def not deserved. I just feel sorry for celebs in general, if we are upset imagine how they feel considering these comments are directed against them. They must be really sad.

The internet has set up an impossible expectation of people being robots, they forgot that people are humans too.

• how do you block certain words on youtube?? I've been doing the don't recommend thing on yt for the ktubers, they don't appear on my recoms but if I search up anything related to bp they do appear in the search things.

I meant on twitter, youtube is still recommending me channels I blocked they don't have a good system to curate your experience:sweatr1:

• Have you considered subscribing to just trusted accounts on YT? I have no idea who that is for BP, but I do this for BTS and my YouTube recs always make those most prominent for me. I admit I don't see a lot of negative stuff on BTS on tweet though cause all those effin reactors are looking for clout.

• Yeah, I've seen some of their performances and they really are good. One thing I love about concerts is that you get performances for b-sides and such that you wouldn't get anytime else. It's really nice.

Concerts are supposed to be for fans. Let it be enjoyable instead of making it a battleground, please? ;(

This reminded me of something else. There was this vlogger that went to the bp concert and in the video she said it was really good but some of the commenters were ripping the poor girl apart and saying she was lying to get clout and should learn from other "real" ktubers.

Like these people's real ktubers literally make videos out of 5 second clips and put clickbait/rude thumbnails and this poor girl that wanted to share her experience at a concert is the cloutchaser?

• Have you considered subscribing to just trusted accounts on YT? I have no idea who that is for BP, but I do this for BTS and my YouTube recs always make those most prominent for me. I admit I don't see a lot of negative stuff on BTS on tweet though cause all those effin reactors are looking for clout.

I am only subscribed to a few ktubers and the ones I am too make really good/positive content. I do get their shorts too in my recoms thankfully but the other ones still pop up a lot.

• I am only subscribed to a few ktubers and the ones I am too make really good/positive content. I do get their shorts too in my recoms thankfully but the other ones still pop up a lot.

:hug-raccoon:

Not sure I have much to offer if you want continue to watch YouTube. I even tried searching on how you could turn comments off. Apparently there is no way...

Can you disable YouTube comments (as a viewer)?
    I have a bad habit of reading youtube comments and getting sucked into the negativity, even when I'm actively trying to avoid reading them (I...
    www.reddit.com

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!