Lim Youngwoong's new Trot number might cause a small stir even in Kpop

• The Trottist Lim Youngwoong released a new digital single, called My Starry Love.

The very fact that a trot song was released with an English title is unheard of, but it seems even the trottists appear to have the ambition to expand outside of Korea.

My Starry Love was written and composed by veteral trottist Sul Woondo (he has written and given a lot of trot songs to fellow trottists), and it was mastered by Stuart Hawkes, who had mastered songs from Amy Winehouse and Ed Sheeran, and recently Yoon Jongshin.

(Hongja, one of the contestants in the first Miss Trot show, joined Mystic, probably the first trottist to join a Kpop agency which is somewhat known. It might lead the agencies to start raising trottists, but that is another topic.)

The older pop of Korea want to put Lim Youngwoong's new song at #1 in Melon and are doing their best to push it.

A long time Kpop watcher, I think it might even create a small stir in the overseas. Given the ferocity of Lim Youngwoong's fans, I think it will reach #1 in many digital sites, giving Rose some trouble.

Whether Mr. Lim can beat the person on my sig is another story, but at least since he aims to gain more exposure outside of Korea, I think his song will make a small stir in the international kpop community

• Song is kinda nice not something I’d listen to on repeat but I liked it more than I thought. I also appreciated the English subs. I wonder if he’ll put up a fight on the charts I imagine brave girls will bring him down once they start promoting again. I’m on the fence with rosé since the language/ genre could work against her.

Regardless good luck to lyw

Your average ggs enthusiast...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!