Should We Advertise AllKpop On Other Social Media?

• What Do You Think? Should We Do It? 10

1. Yes, this sounds like a great idea! (3) 30%
    2. Yes, as long as none of my posts are screenshotted and spread on there. (2) 20%
    3. I don't like this idea, but if we end up doing it, I'll survive. (2) 20%
    4. Definitely not, that sounds like a terrible idea. (2) 20%
    5. Yes, and I'm interested in helping if possible! (1) 10%
    6. I need to know more information before I know for sure what I think. (0) 0%
    7. I'm unsure, let me think about it for a bit. (0) 0%
    8. Other (0) 0%

Hello! So, this is an idea I got a while back, but now that I'm bored and have the time to type it up, I figure I might as well do it now. I know everyone has their own reasons for joining or not, but I do think a huge reason why some people don't join this place is simply because they do not know about it. I think posting about it and spreading awareness of this place would help a lot, and hopefully bring more people here (but I obviously don't know for sure, nothing is a guarantee).

Here's the basic gist of the idea: a few times a day, we post screenshots of posts made on here, so people can see what it is like, and invite people to join us. Pretty straightforward. Preferably there would be a huge variety of fandoms represented, or as many as we could reasonably get. This way, people can know that this place exists and see us interact and get a feel for what it would be like. We can also use that image as an incentive to get people to join in on the conversation here. Something like: "Come and tell us your thoughts on x!" and maybe a link to join, so they can find it easily. Short and to the point, so they don't need to read a wall of text, but just a nice way to seem more inviting.

However, a lot of other different platforms are much bigger, and because of that, inherently more dangerous. What someone may be completely fine with saying on here, they might not be comfortable saying on Twitter or Instagram, where there is a much bigger audience. To protect all of the users on here, I will exercise a few precautions for what screenshots will and will not be used. First of all, no screenshots will ever be used unless all consenting parties involved approve of it being used in that way. People can also say what they do and do not want to be blurred/cut off in the screenshot (badges, gender, signature, username, etc).

Asie from that, the screenshots must contain nothing negative and no fanwars or arguing. We want people to want to join, not to have a bad/even worse impression. Screenshots must be strictly K-Pop related (or I think it would be best if they were), to avoid comments such as "I thought this was a K-Pop forum, why are you posting about x?" and "That seems like an inside joke. It's probably a small and close-knit place, I don't know if they'd welcome/like me or not". The screenshots can be funny or serious, and ideally, I'd like a good mix of both if possible.

The account can also post about badges, as those are a huge draw, and announce groups that are getting badges soon, either new or revamped. Maybe someone will join or be interested because of them. Same for potentially announcing forum events and such. I do think the main focus should be screenshots though.

Anyway, that's the idea so far. What do you think? Should we do it or not? Why or why not? If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Also, in case I get asked questions about this, there are a few things I still have left to decide, but we'll discuss and come to an agreement on them as a forum if we end up doing this (stuff like what platform to post on, what to name the account, when we will launch the account, who will help me with it and so on). If this ends up being a bad idea or getting shut own, just forget I said anything at all. Have a great day/night!

bunnyviolet

Ibby

Marmaladeheart

monalisalove

Pinky_Peachy

@ripia

tetetete

Ves

• why all the others left :check-bee:

From some people where I saw a "message"

• College will eat them
    • Find the forum boring
    • Some user are (No more alive in RL)
    • "I never really even liked KPop"
    • Trolled around too hard
    • "I decided that I dislike KPop now"
    • "There is this other forum that is sooo much better"

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I'm not sure about this. Personally I don't think it will make much difference. I've been here on and off for 6 years and more people seem to be leaving and any time we do get new users, they find out what an awful place it can be and leave. You can try but I doubt they would stay.

• The idea is good in theory but we would need a social media we have one already for the article section but not from the forum. And that would take years to build.

But I've already thought about this but I always wanted to promote the forum with the official akp social media rather than a new one.

Ugh, true, you have a point. Hopefully they'll let us borrow the article section one sometimes.

• I feel like it would be strange if you frame the posts as advertisements, when you join a forum you usually do it naturally because it's the most natural place to talk about the topic

I think what would seem usual is posting things that are funny or exceptional (e.g. thread of the month that got to 10 pages long, post with high reactions), it would seem weird to post/see as a post conversations that are serious that can be found at Reddit, Discords or any K-pop community

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!