Redvelvet disbandment/indefinite hiatus....

• Is REALLY REALLY unlikely

F(x) situation is different, they lost a member and had the Jessica/ Krystal fiasco and you could argue Snsd was there as an sm gg representative which is enough. Also, at that time a new gg could easily replace the older one all you need is a good debut and a visual. Nowadays that’s not the case, Aespa has potential but they’ll be competing with their counterparts not the likes of bp and twice. It takes more time and effort to build a brand of the group now and losing a brand that could be in top3 ggs after a cb is just crazy.

Unless sm thinks Irene scandal is career stopping (which I don’t think they do) RV is here to stay so please anticipate their long awaited cb in the upcoming months!!

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• I-dont-cAre

Changed the title of the thread from “Redvelvet disbandment....” to “Redvelvet disbandment/indefinite hiatus....”.
  • i just hope you're right. the position rv is in is scaring me since sm didn't even add any of their merch to the new lineup they added even girl's generation but no red velvet

• i just hope you're right. the position rv is in is scaring me since sm didn't even add any of their merch to the new lineup they added even girl's generation but no red velvet

I wonder if this a money thing? Like the new contracts could give them diff % of sales. Just guessing here bc if the plan to put them on indefinite hiatus like the user above you said, they’d continue selling merch just fine.

• I wonder if this a money thing? Like the new contracts could give them diff % of sales. Just guessing here bc if the plan to put them on indefinite hiatus like the user above you said, they’d continue selling merch just fine.

could be.. i don't know much about how contracts affect artists and companies financially, so I'm not one to discuss this with haha ^^

• the amount of company stans outnumber the real RV fans in RV fandom

and those company stans already jumped ship to the new SM GG

The fandom is still sizeable they just trended a tag in top5 ww + me and my fellow ggs enthusiasts are there for them.

• They will definitely come back. Why is everyone forgetting they had two major incidents one of a member almost dying and another for a scandal. And this whole “fans left” talk is bullshit. I have never been the big fan of rv and didn’t keep much with them but during this hitaus I have discovered a lot of their great content. I would consider myself a new fan that became one during hiatus. I am pretty sure if they have a cb their fans will increase not the other way around.

lt64IYu.gif

• Nowadays that’s not the case, Aespa has potential but they’ll be competing with their counterparts not the likes of bp and twice. It takes more time and effort to build a brand of the group now and losing a brand that could be in top3 ggs after a cb is just crazy.

i agree until i see this sentence.

Imo, Red Velvet had bigger competition with Twice and Blackpink around, plus a bunch of 2nd gen GGs which are still popular.

Whereas now aespa just need to compete with ITZY, GIDLE which are not yet at the top. They have bigger chance to overtake these groups than Red velvet could overtake Twice (then) and Blackpink (now)

• The fandom is still sizeable they just trended a tag in top5 ww + me and my fellow ggs enthusiasts are there for them.

people said something like that, just like what you just said back then for fx

and for some times they stop trying moved on to new SM girlgroup

history will repeat itself, i hope im wrong tho

• i agree until i see this sentence.

Imo, Red Velvet had bigger competition with Twice and Blackpink around, plus a bunch of 2nd gen GGs which are still popular.

Whereas now aespa just need to compete with ITZY, GIDLE which are not yet at the top. They have bigger chance to overtake these groups than Red velvet could overtake Twice (then) and Blackpink (now)

Yup this is what I’m saying. Aespa brand won’t be able to compete with bp and twice just yet but rv can ( might not sell as high but they could chart similarly and create social media buzz)

• I will say, their postponement of RV's comeback is interesting. You know they must have already completed their new song/album. So you get the feeling that they really still don't think the dust has settled with Irene's situation. And how much will they wait before they determine it's better to just go forward with the 4 girls.

• Yup this is what I’m saying. Aespa brand won’t be able to compete with bp and twice just yet but rv can ( might not sell as high but they could chart similarly and create social media buzz)

My point is aespa have higher chance to emerge as #1 in 4th gen era as compared to RV emerge as #1

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!