When will kpop fans accept that idols align with capitalist more than humanitarian activism?

• Looking at the few discussion going on at the same time in akp, like Hello? Are you people even familiar with this industry? Money talks, Money Walks

Our fav idols interests are more aligned with likes of Musk, Zuckerberg, or Bezos, not Gandhi and Dalai Lama.

People expecting them to sorta stand up with all of these humanitarian causes is kinda funny

even if they do partially align themselves with a cause temporarily(cough*climate change* cough), its mostly bc it brings good press and more money not bc they actually gonna follow through with it.

Even fans promote their favs as some sorta of humanitarian hero to bring in positive attention to them with a capitalist mindset not that they actually give a eff. Drop the pretense.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• when we stop being delulu

which is never :pepe-clown-walk:

Idols out there selling NFTs but getting coined climate protector kings and queens by them fans

We all reached max delulu kpop levels

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Idols out there selling NFTs but getting coined climate protector kings and queens by them fans

We all reached max delulu kpop levels

omg idols selling NFTs? have not heard of this yet :pepe-notes:

• there are probably causes they feel strongly about just like u and i care about and are passionate about a few causes

Could be, but are they humanitarian as the kpop fandoms like promote them to be?

If it is, then what's the point of being passionate about a cause when your actions doesn't reflect it?

As a whole kpop is a capitalist industry, idols only play within its rules.

• True. Let's enjoy entertainment as what it is: entertainment. Made to entertain us from our grey lives lol.

I agree

we should enjoy the entertainment and stop promoting idols as sorta of hero of ages.

• I mean I don’t give af. But some fans were just so loud about how their favs were in fact more woke and humanitarian and better than everyone else. You can’t be preaching peace and love and not expect criticism when you….do something that’s in direct contradiction to that. Ofc people were going to call you out what did you think was going to happen. 😭

It’s less about the act and more about the hypocrisy I think at this point.

Like I know SM is shit. No two ways about it and I know kpop is also shit. But some people lived in a dreamland and I guess their dreams came crashing down and that’s honestly funny to watch from the side lines. :angryr: :angryr:

• Could be, but are they humanitarian as the kpop fandoms like promote them to be?

If it is, then what's the point of being passionate about a cause when your actions doesn't reflect it?

As a whole kpop is a capitalist industry, idols only play within its rules.

We also need to understand that idols have two personas: their public persona and their private persona. They have contracts, and they might have to fullfill duties that they're not 100% agreeing with. I'm talking in general.

A lot of idols are known for donating money to good causes, but we don't know if they do it for clout or because they're really commited to it. But at least they do it, and they can choose which causes they support and which not.

• We also need to understand that idols have two personas: their public persona and their private persona. They have contracts, and they might have to fullfill duties that they're not 100% agreeing with. I'm talking in general.

A lot of idols are known for donating money to good causes, but we don't know if they do it for clout or because they're really commited to it. But at least they do it, and they can choose which causes they support and which not.

What I'm saying is that their direct personal interest aka bank account number is aligned with capitalist ideals not humanitarian benefits.

What they donate is a very small portion compare to what they earn.

• What I'm saying is that their direct personal interest aka bank account number is aligned with capitalist ideals not humanitarian benefits.

What they donate is a very small portion compare to what they earn.

That's true, they won't donate 80% of what they have, that will never happen ^^ but why would I care? I would do the same to be honest. Its not one person or one group of people's responsibility to save the world. But we all do what we can with the means we have.

• Well Kpop companies are not NGOs in the first place.

No shit

then fans should drop the pretense and accept the facts of the industry too

It's a capitalist industry and we are all paying in to it

• We also need to understand that idols have two personas: their public persona and their private persona. They have contracts, and they might have to fullfill duties that they're not 100% agreeing with. I'm talking in general.

This. I don’t expect idols to save everyone and everything on the planet. But most do a lot of giving to causes close to them, putting their money to use for children, education, arts, music. I know BTS members give regularly to their hometown schools, they recently helped with the terrible flooding in SK. JHope made a contribution to cancer research and wore a shirt to promote breast cancer awareness. I am sure many idols do give their time and money privately without fanfare.

• That's true, they won't donate 80% of what they have, that will never happen ^^ but why would I care? I would do the same to be honest. Its not one person or one group of people's responsibility to save the world. But we all do what we can with the means we have.

I agree

it's not their responsibility to save the world and fans shouldn't pretend it is

• you too. me too. all of us.

everyone is talking about human rights violations and everyone buys products made in china which is everything. try to boycott chinese products, you wouldn't be able to buy anything, there would be barely anything left.

everyone consumes american entertainment content despite the us' killings of millions of middle easterners; MILLIONS, just because they could and because they felt like it. nobody got punished for it and sadly they never will. and they dare to talk about human rights. they don't care about human rights.

people aren't slightly bothered by their crimes. whenever people talk about human rights violations they never mention the us which is fascinating. i guess we are so used to them doing it that we forgot about it; it's the norm.

there's no such thing as human rights. there's only money

• This. I don’t expect idols to save everyone and everything on the planet. But most do a lot of giving to causes close to them, putting their money to use for children, education, arts, music. I know BTS members give regularly to their hometown schools, they recently helped with the terrible flooding in SK. JHope made a contribution to cancer research and wore a shirt to promote breast cancer awareness. I am sure many idols do give their time and money privately without fanfare.

But that's not the point of the thread

It's about what their overall interests aligns with

No idols career interests aligns with humanitarian causes, it directly aligns with capitalists.

• well ofc

So there is no reason to pretend otherwise or expect otherwise from anyone

• I’ve always found it hilariously ironic when fans live vicariously through their idols as being humanitarian or supposedly standing up those less fortunate or whatever which somehow gives them moral superiority all the while the fans themselves are using expensive phones built cheap labour, wearing branded fashion produced with cheap labour, spending their money on idols albums which is just CDs + pictures instead of donating to those in need, wasting lots of food, using lots of plastics and all the rest.

It’s even more ironic as in most cases the Celebes themselves ar often doing the same things as fans while preaching about something

• Not the thread taking a different turn kkkkkkkk

The thing is: kpop fans are now using these cute "my faves are fighters and survivors fighting for the human rights. They are the salvation we need and your faves suck, they are trash capitalist" when in reality majority of these moves are done with money in mind. Everything is for a better image that turns into more opportunities that turns into money.

Nobody is perfect, we all suck, but no need to act like your idol is the better human being when the kpop industry (like every other industry) is MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY above everything.

• I mean they are entertainers, their joy is in performing, but they are obligated by contract to perform where their company sees fit. Unless the idol has the higher power in these decisions, no one can not perform and face no consequence...

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Not the thread taking a different turn kkkkkkkk

The thing is: kpop fans are now using these cute "my faves are fighters and survivors fighting for the human rights. They are the salvation we need and your faves suck, they are trash capitalist" when in reality majority of these moves are done with money in mind. Everything is for a better image that turns into more opportunities that turns into money.

Nobody is perfect, we all suck, but no need to act like your idol is the better human being when the kpop industry (like every other industry) is MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY above everything.

Yeah the purpose is not to say there is no good in idols

It's about what industry's purpose aligns with

Like someone in oil and gas industry can't be human rights champion

• I mean they are entertainers, their joy is in performing, but they are obligated by contract to perform where their company sees fit. Unless the idol has the higher power in these decisions, no one can not perform and face no consequence...

I agree but that still means their interests are aligned with capitalism

If all they wanted to do was performing with no care about financial side, they could be indie artists or just youtubers

• I agree but that still means their interests are aligned with capitalism

If all they wanted to do was performing with no care about financial side, they could be indie artists or just youtubers

Yes sure, but it is not wrong for them to be aligned with capitalism. Idols are people that need to work, they are not behind the tables making the laws or have any political say in these matters

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Yes sure, but it is not wrong for them to be aligned with capitalism. Idols are people that need to work, they are not behind the tables making the laws or have any political say in these matters

Never said it's wrong of them.

Just that as fans we have accept they are more Bezoz than Ghandi

• Never said it's wrong of them.

Just that as fans we have accept they are more Bezoz than Ghandi

Yeah thats true

This is one big downside of the "idol" image. They can't do everything right they are not angles lmao, but fans would not like to burst the bubble I guess

• Yeah the purpose is not to say there is no good in idols

It's about what industry's purpose aligns with

Like someone in oil and gas industry can't be human rights champion

fun fact: many people with degrees in / related to environmental engineering will work in the oil and gas industry before actually working in geology to pay off student debt

• fun fact: many people with degrees in / related to environmental engineering will work in the oil and gas industry before actually working in geology to pay off student debt

The set up of our economic system is shit bc it assumes infinite resources.

We need to overhaul the whole economic system before there is any good change.

• The set up of our economic system is shit bc it assumes infinite resources.

We need to overhaul the whole economic system before there is any good change.

bring the revolution to akp and then the world :pepe-army:

• bring the revolution to akp and then the world :pepe-army:

Nah man

I'm gonna go br a Martian colonist and leave the earth to you nuggets

• Dalai Lama is a CIA asset and a fake Marxist who accepted $1 million to endorse child sex trafficking cult NXIVM. That fraud would do anything for money.

• Nah man

I'm gonna go br a Martian colonist and leave the earth to you nuggets

leaving me :peperain:

isn't elon musk the capitalist of capitalists :pepe-hips: he's like a coke can as a person

• Dalai Lama is a CIA asset and a fake Marxist who accepted $1 million to endorse child sex trafficking cult NXIVM. That fraud would do anything for money.

Sike

I mean Marxist justify any means for the end results that benefits them. So I won't day he is fake marxist.

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!