How many consecutively comebacks of your faves can dislike and still being a fan?

• that depends on the kind of comeback, and how far apart they are. i haven't really liked IU's past two single releases, but those were collabs, so they just naturally feel less like her work. I think that's okay, and i don't mind waiting for something new.

But if i didn't like most of an album and i had to wait another 1+ year for something else? I'd become much less of a fan, and then if the next music release was dry after waiting that long, i'd definitely unstan :pepe-toilet:

life's too short to anticipate music you're not going to like ;judgingpepe:

• Historically it's been exactly 4 (the limit) so maximum of 3

for DC (Scream, Boca, Odd Eye, Maison)

For SKZ (Double Knot, Levanter, God's Menu, Back Door)

For Cherry Bullet (Hands Up, Aloha Oe, Love So Sweet, Love in Space)

Purple Kiss is at 2

Actually even around the 3rd one I would have already tuned out and there would be no way I like the 4th one no matter what, so it would be be more like 2 is the maximum

• *Silently judging your music tastes* :itzy25:

Oh wait I think I accidentally left out a critical detail, the time I started following K-pop closely was April 1-4, 2019

So for all the groups I listed, their comeback before the first comeback I didn't like was basically the group's first comeback that I ever experienced (that I heard it announced, knew about it before the MV was released)

First comeback I experienced

DC Deja Vu (Scream, Boca, Odd Eye, Maison)

SKZ Side Effects (Double Knot, Levanter, God's Menu, Back Door)

Cherry Bullet Really Really (Hands Up, Aloha Oe, Love So Sweet, Love in Space)

- (also Cherry Bullet's first comeback ever)

So my list may not really be fair, it's a combination of the "first comeback honeymoon effect" (I always like the first comeback I experience because it is so exciting) and the "time effect" (as time passes, I will be less interested in the groups and the groups will also change their style).

And another reason this wouldn't be fair is that I didn't really know that many K-pop groups when I started getting into K-pop, I chose these groups as my favorites after very recently getting into K-pop; so I chose them based on the style they were when I first encountered them, and I didn't realize that there is such a long time between K-pop comebacks and that they usually change their concepts dramatically every year.

Had I been more experienced (had I know they will invevitably change their style away from the one that initially got me into them), I might not have gotten invested into any of these 3 groups in the first place

• thats true for me too!!

i also liked the first cbs of some groups and then drifted away from them with the next few cbs as a newbie kpop fan

side note, deja vu is my fave dc song too :love:

• thats true for me too!!

i also liked the first cbs of some groups and then drifted away from them with the next few cbs as a newbie kpop fan

side note, deja vu is my fave dc song too :love:

lol Deja Vu is not my favorite, my favorite DC title is What

But I just consider Deja Vu specially since it was the first comeback I experienced with DC and I was following it every day from the announcement to the MV release

I actually made comeback thread for it and updated it every day, but when the MV actually dropped, I was initially a little disappointed with the song, but the MV looked beautiful and the scale of it was grand, ultimately I ended up listening to it more and I got used to it (same as I did with Black Mamba and Next Level), although I won't ever consider it as a really good song

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.
  • 2-3 comebacks. I won't dislike them or unstan because of this but I will stop following the group closely and be less interested in their work. I will still consume their other content from time to time though.

Here's a beam of sunshine to brighten up your day ☺

• as a multi stan I don't dislike

I 'm just rank them
    according to # of song that I like

and some faves had immunity to that

*ideal visual
    * one great song release
    or multi song I like
    before the drought or consecutive bad songs happen, change concept

for now
    only 1 GG
    I remove from my potential favorite that is BlackPink
    main culprit after 2016
    their song became too much a bad ass and girl crush?

Lesserafim could be the next to remove

(Garam voice and visual/center position badly miss in Fearless)

and if they continue to their sexy girl crush route (Antifragile)

• It's complicated, there are more factors than just number of come backs.

For example how often does the group comeback. I'm more lenient on groups that come back frequently than those that don't. Imagine waiting 2 years for a come back and not liking it then you'll to wait another 2 years just to find something to like vs groups that come back frequently, if I don't like the come back, I'll just wait 3-6months to see if I like the next one.

Other factors include things like content, is the group giving you anything to keep you fanning over them in between comebacks. Are they posting alot on social media, live streams, variety, etc.

Another factor is age of the group. If it's a new group and lots of life left, I'd be more lenient but if it's a old group, if I don't already like majority of their current discography then one bad comeback might be all it takes.

Another factor is future outlook of the group. If they're from a big company, I might hold out longer because I know they'll have continued support for future releases but if it's a nugu company, I don't want to get too invested because theres a good chance they won't even make it to 7 years so if the comebacks are bad now, I don't want to hold my hopes up.

The only group for me that I'll probably like forever is Twice because they have so much content and music I already like. Even if their next 8 comebacks flops, including japanese released, (which is like a 2 years time frame only because of how frequently they release music) I'd still have over 80 songs I like and that's enough songs to stan for life. All future releases, good or bad, is just cherry on top.

Dreamcatcher is also another, though I haven't liked a release since "BEcause", theyre one of a kind and I'm still looking forward to the next comeback and their old stuff is still gold to me.

Mix-Collage-02-Feb-2024-08-56-PM-7523.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by fdblink ().

• When DC have a bad comeback ill let you know...

But I dropped ITZY after Mafia or not shy (cannot remember)

Purple Kiss are kinda on a down swing with me 'Nerdy' was not it...

I would prob say 3 also. but to be fair a MV is only 3 min long so ill listen to a new track on most groups but if it don't grab me it just don't so ill move on, the beauty of liking multiple groups.

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!