kpop stans just hate to see non big 3/4 girlgroup succeeding

• the way kpop stans discrediting Ive's achievement because of this recent kakao issue

i dont even know what's the correlation here. Kakao should be held responsible the disgusting thing they had done but at this point kpop stans just using this to tear down successful girlgroup, its sad

• If any of the big kpop companies owned that page this would be a way bigger issue. Like if it was Hybe owned? People would be 10x more pissed.

Ive's released nothing but bangers though, so yeah, any discrediting is dumb.

• i have seen kpop stabs start write kakao rigged billboard USA and japan.and sales..like this is illogic

They can only rigged korean chart melon no other charts korea ...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is china fanbase buy the albums...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I hate how they revolve the issue to hate on IVE... like what the hell do they have to do with this? Focus on the real issue please

I also hate how mega news outlets made the title with the likes of "Kakao home of IVE" instantly deviating the issue to IVE... poor girls

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Are we gonna pretend if this scandal wasn’t revealed about kakao but about, say, hybe or sm, people from both non big 4 fandoms as well as other big 4 fandoms (jyp, yg) wouldn’t be discrediting hybe and sm groups all the same? What even is the correlation with the big 4 vs non big 4 fights here? You’re trying too hard to make this into sth it’s not lol

Look, kpop stans are dumb, but it’s dumbness across the board in all fandoms from big 4 to non big 4. If hybe was revealed to be doing unethical shit like this ive stans would be the first among others to grab their pitchforks and accuse lesserafim and newjeans of chart manipulation just the same - with izoniee (that weird wonyoung stan) as one of the head marchers - lol; the backlash for hybe groups would be so much worse than for a starship group; so quit it with the victim complex. Remember it’s not about discrediting only non big 4 groups, it’s about discrediting all competition, big 4 or non big 4, no discrimination, bc kpop stans treat this not as entertainment but as an olympic sport :pepe-use-head:

Edited once, last by Whi ().

• So Do we think that KakaoM is ready to join the big 4 and make it Big 5?

• KakaoM is very powerful, so from money and power perspective - yes.

But as far as I know original Big3 was not about money - but also musical influence, artistry, etc. Taking this into consideration - no.

IU has lots of musical influence.

Not internationally, but in Korea.

Now if Starship can produce more top groups, then maybe.

But yeah, I do agree, it is too early.

• I don’t think it’s a good time to talk about them not having big4 privilege. I see more of the opposite. If this was a big4 group they would’ve been dragged to hell and back. Doesn’t mean that Ive deserves to be discredited and dragged but it’s common sense this would happen, and it’s not because they aren’t from big4. The blame should be on kakao, they make Ive look bad and suspicious even tho they don’t need any of that

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited 3 times, last by lialve ().

• I don’t think it’s a good time to talk to talk about not having big4 privilege. I see more of the opposite. If this was a big4 group they would’ve been dragged to hell and back

yup, 100% this. if ive stans think the backlash they’re getting is unbearable now they’d be shell shocked if they stanned a big 4 group instead bc boy oh boy the hate a big 4 group would receive for a scandal of this magnitude, whether justified or not, would be nuclear lol. this is a really weird time to whip out that non big 4 complex about big 4 privilege bc all it proves is actually the opposite :pepe-cringe:

Edited once, last by Whi ().

the big 3 was never about their influence on the industry/power.

It was about the consistent cultural impact of those companies in music.

Sony and Universal Music both have artists in Korea, they're larger music giants than any of the big 3/4. They are not suddenly a part of them.

• yup, 100% this. if ive stans think the backlash they’re getting is unbearable now they’d be shell shocked if they stanned a big 4 group instead bc boy oh boy the hate a big 4 group would receive for a scandal of this magnitude, whether justified or not, would be nuclear lol. this is a really weird time to whip out that non big 4 complex about big 4 privilege bc all it proves is actually the opposite :pepe-cringe:

Really? Hybe has been caught rigging music show wins, using IVE for media play and using kbs to disrespect IVE yet they got pretty much no hate at all.

• like people have said, imagine if this was one of the Big 4, people would be lighting torches to burn them at the stake. The hate towards Ive isn't anywhere near what Aespa or Itzy got during their most trendy phases or LSF and NJ got just by debuting, so this underdog narrative makes no sense.

• People haven't been lying in here but it's still just insanely frustrating to see IVE become the most recent punching bag when every fandom and their mother were rooting for them at first

• Really? Hybe has been caught rigging music show wins, using IVE for media play and using kbs to disrespect IVE yet they got pretty much no hate at all.

yup, 100% this. if ive stans think the backlash they’re getting is unbearable now they’d be shell shocked if they stanned a big 4 group instead bc boy oh boy the hate a big 4 group would receive for a scandal of this magnitude, whether justified or not, would be nuclear lol. this is a really weird time to whip out that non big 4 complex about big 4 privilege bc all it proves is actually the opposite :pepe-cringe:

Those 2 scandals are not of the same magnitude like at all lol

Also “they got pretty much no hate at all” is definitely not true bc lesserafim got a lot of negative buzz for that music bank investigation, you just chose to ignore it whilst pinning every shred of hate ive has received to your brain so the latter jumps out at you more lol. The hate lesserafim got is still there

• Successful acts from outside Big 3 have always existed. Fin.Kl, Sistar, Mamamoo to name one from each generation and even if it is Big 4 now, they will..

And this latest controversy will make little difference to Ive's career.

Kpop stans aren't any great disruption to business, only the idols themselves can do that by making horribly stupid mistakes.

While companies can blamed for the mistakes of idols or idol groups, it is near impossible to blame idols for the mistakes of the company.

So this will go nowhere.

• There was no big 3 back in Generation 1.

SM has been around for a while.

YG was founded in 1996 for Seo Taiji and the boys. They did not hit it big until Gen 2 with Big Bang and 2NE1.

JYP was founded in 1997, they did not hit it big until g.o.g, 2pm and wonder girls in Gen 2.

I think in Gen 1 it was a big 2, SM and DSP media. Funny how far DSP has fallen.

• IVE lost their "Small Underdog Company Vs the Mean Big4 Goliaths" Card when it was revealed that they're owned and being backed by a giant and Evil Conglomerate that's bigger than the Big3 combined and who is responsible for various online smear campaigns. Sorry.

Also Kakao's founder is worth $16.2 billion dollars

Kakao Founder Becomes Korea’s Richest Person As Shares Of His Internet Giant Surge
    The self-made entrepreneur currently has an estimated net worth of $16.2 billion on the Real-Time Billionaires List, $3 billion more than Korea’s…
    www.forbes.com

• the way kpop stans discrediting Ive's achievement because of this recent kakao issue

i dont even know what's the correlation here. Kakao should be held responsible the disgusting thing they had done but at this point kpop stans just using this to tear down successful girlgroup, its sad

Because I want to see real non big conglomerate groups and soloists succeed.

Give us more of Younha, give us more of Purple Kiss, give us more of H1-Key, hell give me more of Class:y and Pink Fantasy and GWSN. Hell give me Tan, give me Omega X, give me DKB.

At least he medium sized labels that are still independent have to stand on their own 2 legs - RBW trying to compete, Cube and Fantagio don't have massive label or media backing.

It's hard when the conglomerates can fix the media landscape, whether it's Big 4, or CJ, or Kakao and their subsidiaries. Hard for that when you guys keep covering for conglomerate backed groups. Just because their not big 4 you think IVE was small, struggling group - the narrative's been blown wide open by the recent revelations and this is people struggling to cope in realtime.

Stop covering for ALL the big conglomerates, where they are massive labels or subsidiaries of major media companies.

Nothing in your brain but defending your faves and not seeing how stuff like Kakao is the death of any real creativity in motion.

• turnshavetabled.gif

Hmm...i seem to remember an awesome poster on here talking about how Kakao should be considered part of the Big 4 of Kpop, and how their acts do benefit from Kakao privilege. This certain poster got made fun of for his suggestions.

But my oh my look how the turns have tabled...

Don't be so quick to self congratulations..

Even if Kakao manages to manipulate Korean elections (the might have already), they will not be a "Big" in Kpop, unless they do in-house production of idol groups - not via M&A, and do that successfully for at least a couple of generations with multiple groups.

The groups origins must be music production, or at least a part of core business.

• It is not IVE and other Produce group's fault that their company, label and fans are serial cheaters. My buttcheeks are still hurt with how for countless of times they got away with cheating. Slave room, Vote riggings, hate mongering through media, I am fairly bitter that all those dirty actions have no repercussions at all to anyone but IVE.

Instead, the group themselves get all the flak from kpop fans. It is not okay....

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Nothing will come of this issue.

Ive will continue to do fine.

Idols mistakes can be blamed on the agency, but never agency mistakes on idols.

Kakao is top 10 companies in South Korea along with Samsung, LG and Naver. They were probably too busy conquering South Korea than getting involved in this idol stuffs. Although others would argue, destroying the idol industry with IVE would be as easy as stealing candy from a baby for Kakao. It is just a matter of do they give a fuck or not.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Kakao is top 10 companies in South Korea along with Samsung, LG and Naver. They were probably too busy conquering South Korea than getting involved in this idol stuffs. Although others would argue, destroying the idol industry with IVE would be as easy as stealing candy from a baby for Kakao. It is just a matter of do they give a fuck or not.

Correct

But under any such company there are already divisions and managers, trying to make a name for themselves, who can make such risky gambles - like this case.

And that reflects on the company.

Kakao's biggest issue is that disruption of service due to data centre fire sometime back. These idol things, is low level stuff.

Except that they are looking to do an IPO for Kakao M, so might be more sensitive.. but otherwise these are trivial stuff..

• Are we gonna pretend if this scandal wasn’t revealed about kakao but about, say, hybe or sm, people from both non big 4 fandoms as well as other big 4 fandoms (jyp, yg) wouldn’t be discrediting hybe and sm groups all the same? What even is the correlation with the big 4 vs non big 4 fights here? You’re trying too hard to make this into sth it’s not lol

Look, kpop stans are dumb, but it’s dumbness across the board in all fandoms from big 4 to non big 4. If hybe was revealed to be doing unethical shit like this ive stans would be the first among others to grab their pitchforks and accuse lesserafim and newjeans of chart manipulation just the same - with izoniee (that weird wonyoung stan) as one of the head marchers - lol; the backlash for hybe groups would be so much worse than for a starship group; so quit it with the victim complex. Remember it’s not about discrediting only non big 4 groups, it’s about discrediting all competition, big 4 or non big 4, no discrimination, bc kpop stans treat this not as entertainment but as an olympic sport :pepe-use-head:

^^all of this

There are groups from Hybe, SM and JYP who’ve been crucified for a lot less with a lot less evidence - and fairly recently. I don’t understand why Ive fans are trying to hard to be victims/martyrs. Your group is doing well and far beyond what anyone thought (way to go), they are relatively privileged (so are many groups, that’s ok), there will be haters like any successful group. No need to paint them as poor unfortunates.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This thread contains 40 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!