Japanese girls: rising popularity of skinny K-POP Idols makes them compare to Idols, they want to be skinny too

• uh oh

kj1.jpgkj2.jpgkj3.jpgkj4.jpgkj5.jpg

video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I tried to become as skinny as Kara mister when I was very young.

Then they talked about how they didn't eat for 2 days before wvery performance and even didn't drink water on the day of the performance.

I gave up

• i mean, let’s not act like Japan was ok with girls being fat, then kpop came, and they completely changed their beauty standards lmao.

There was pressure to be thin in Asia WAY WAY before Kpop.

• Asian beauty standard, especially East Asian beauty standard for women, has always focused on women being skinny. If you look at Japanese celebs, singers, and actresses -- they are all skinny too. Only in recent years, do we see more variety in sizes in the Japanese entertainment e.g., shout out to Japanese women comedians for breaking the cultural discussions.

Having said that, most of my female Japanese women friends are bigger as well. Only two of 10+ would I consider to fit 100% in the skinny beauty standard. So now it's not due to KPOP lol -- this standard has always been there....

• It's weird to see this linked to kpop and not just general beauty standards. Skinny is preferable in most most places.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!