Junji Ito’s Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Netflix)

• Famous horror manga ka, Junji Ito’s work is getting adapted into an anime series at Netflix!

The genius Junji Ito has long been at the forefront of the Japanese horror manga world. Featuring a selection of 20 macabre masterpieces brimming with his original worldview and fascinating characters drawn in his stunning style, including popular titles such as “Hanging Balloon” and fan-favorite characters Tomie and Soichi, this animated series will totally immerse viewers in the maniacal charm of Junji Ito.

The Netflix Series "Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre" starts streaming from Thursday, January 19, 2023, only on Netflix!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yey so excited!!

Aww oopsy edit - wrong section!! Sorry mods - I was on the phone and I thought I was posting in the anime section. Please help move it. Thank you! Ves - can you help me move this to the anime section? Thank you in advance.

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• Done!

• cool i love Junji Ito, i literally had nightmares about "Uzumaki"

any idea of which stories are they going to animate? hopefully "Remina" and also the one from him and his cat

Junji Ito's Cat Diary: Yon & Mu

I finished the anthology and it leaves plenty of room for additional seasons. I don’t recall an episodes called Remina or Yon & Mu this time. I also had a bit of a nightmare due to this series lol. Some images got stuck in my mind.

• I finished the anthology and it leaves plenty of room for additional seasons. I don’t recall an episodes called Remina or Yon & Mu this time.

hopefully it does well enough for them to make more seasons, i still want an adaptation of "Hellstar Remina"

oh also there was another story, i forgot the name but the plot was something like if 2 or more people got together they would later appear dead and their bodies stitched together

I also had a bit of a nightmare due to this series lol. Some images got stuck in my mind.

from all his works the part that grossed me out the most were the snails from Uzumaki, i read the manga a huge while ago but i still recall that around that time it was raining a lot so there were lots of snails in the garden of my house... yeah, not fun

• hopefully it does well enough for them to make more seasons, i still want an adaptation of "Hellstar Remina"

oh also there was another story, i forgot the name but the plot was something like if 2 or more people got together they would later appear dead and their bodies stitched together

from all his works the part that grossed me out the most were the snails from Uzumaki, i read the manga a huge while ago but i still recall that around that time it was raining a lot so there were lots of snails in the garden of my house... yeah, not fun

I think he was very good at making something so scary out of the ordinary or random things in everyday life -- then it gets psychological horror etc. I am still thinking about some of the episodes I saw hahah they really creeped me out but I'm glad I watched it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!