What do you think SM is planning for Aespa?

• they built a huge fandom based on their concept

makes no sense to change it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Early 2023 comeback. I don't see them changing musical direction. That's not SM's MO and it makes less sense for them to do sugar sweet pop when Ive is already in that lane. Dreams Come True and Yeppi Yeppi and whatever the english song is are just there to show they can do other genres, but the tt would remain different, methinks, rather like they do with NCT. As much as people stress about aespa's release gaps, each cb has had some record-setting performance, so I don't see SM changing it up now. :pepe-shrug:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Don't know, but it better be more music and content. I need a full album next, full of songs like Illusion, I'll Make You Cry, Lucid Dreams etc.

I think they can explore different concepts within Kwangya/the metaverse. Whether all their fans will like it or not is another question though.

The fans will like it, they became fans because of that concept too... the GP is a mystery, I don't think they will support a full mode kwangya song with the same enthusiasm

I love lucid dreaming and IMYC, I feel like they can find a way to explore the lore without being so over the top about it. These two songs are good examples

• Early 2023 comeback. I don't see them changing musical direction. That's not SM's MO and it makes less sense for them to do sugar sweet pop when Ive is already in that lane. Dreams Come True and Yeppi Yeppi and whatever the english song is are just there to show they can do other genres, but the tt would remain different, methinks, rather like they do with NCT. As much as people stress about aespa's release gaps, each cb has had some record-setting performance, so I don't see SM changing it up now. :pepe-shrug:

I feel like their version of dreams come true is a gem, better than the original actually... there's something nostalgic and magical about it, I wish they would go in the direction, but I don't think SM would give up at the Kwangya concept, but they should turn down a bit in my opinion

• still in their lore because SM said aespa is "Poet of the (Kwangya) Universe"

I think they will be given more public friendly song than Girls

next year probably March :/

then Jp debut and 'world tour' prob several Asian countries & US

I'm rooting for songs like dreams come true for them

Dream came true is a remake unless they release another remake then I don't see that happening

IVE musically is far from sugar sweet pop tho so that spot is quite open, their first 2 TTs get into a more dark vibe and After Like is disco, i don't think they have any song, being TT or B-side being more sugar sweet pop, thats something i would call a early Twice or Weekly's After school, Izone's b-sides

edit: so to answer OP, they are likely gonna have a comeback early 2023, probably will keep the lore but change some things

• Speaking of fans loving the concept. I am a huge nerd for the concept but I just dislike the way they are approaching it. They introduced this brilliant never been done idea of our internet personas being our alter egos which got transformed into digital beings/avatars that go in and out of reality/virtual world. It allows them to venture into different types of art all within one universe. Be it VR, Games, Webtoons, dramas, or animes. All could be done and it would make sense! Yet instead of focusing on the alter egos’ idea or ultizing different platforms, they only focused on a limited plot about the disconnction between the members and their ae friends in song lyrics that most of the time are messy (YYJ’s blessings). I feel like who ever the people that created the initial plot and directed the first episode are completely different people from episode 2. Ep 2 had its good moments but I feel like it's rather focusing on the plot of the songs that YYJ writes than exploring the universe’s brilliant idea like ep 1.

I don’t think yyj is the plot/universe writer but he is their songs’ writer.

In contrast, when others write songs within aespa’s lore they do way better. Illusion narration was good. GIRLS’s lore lyrics ruined the other non-lore good lines.

All in all I love the concept. I will die if they venture in webtoons and video games.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• I think some things will change for the next CB (probably reflecting from how Girls was received by the public) but they will obviously still keep the MCU concept for Aespa, looking forward!

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!