Debate :- In-house producers vs Western Producers.....

• when the in-house producers are from bighit?

bighit every time. dj fritz, pdogg, adora, bang pd, slow rabbit, hiss noise, the members, etc. are literally musical geniuses.

for others, i guess it depends on the track! like for instance i LOVE lovesick girls by blackpink. i think it’s their best title track by far and it’s by david guetta. but their second best title track i think is d4, which is teddy. you know? like it’s case by case.

• when the in-house producers are from bighit?

bighit every time. dj fritz, pdogg, adora, bang pd, slow rabbit, hiss noise, the members, etc. are literally musical geniuses.

for others, i guess it depends on the track! like for instance i LOVE lovesick girls by blackpink. i think it’s their best title track by far and it’s by david guetta. but their second best title track i think is d4, which is teddy. you know? like it’s case by case.

Teddy is in LSG too, David Guetta only did the edm chorus part

• I think it depends on how gifted and resourceful an in-house producer is. It costs less, which creates a lot of value for an agency just starting out. As the agency grows, production will have to be supplemented to prevent a serious bottleneck in the creative process.

• that’s the best part... that and the outro.... lol (not to mention the girls, themselves. their voices>>)

i disagree

chorus was bit outdated, it was like those edm choruses in 2010s western songs like Icona pop I love it which made me disappointed in David Guetta, he could have done better while every other part of the song screams perfection

i prefer Pretty Savage and it's Teddy's creation

but we have different taste afterall

• i disagree

chorus was bit outdated, it was like those edm choruses in 2010s western songs like Icona pop I love it which made me disappointed in David Guetta, he could have done better while every other part of the song screams perfection

i prefer Pretty Savage and it's Teddy's creation

but we have different taste afterall

it was literally a retro pop-anthem and very clearly influenced by the original “girl crushes” aka the women of 80’s pop music made by and for girls like kylie minogue and cyndi lauper

the rest of the song was what lacked creative direction. it was just built off the chorus, any trained ear can tell.

teddy has made good songs, but also not good songs. so it really depends on the track for a preference in-house producers or western producers

• YG probably has the biggest in-house producer roster. They've recruited heavily the last 3-4 years.

But, they've been working with outsourced producers as well lately.

The interview below with a few of them is interesting.

YG producers are definitely better, but I like YG's strategy of being picky with who to work with outside.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• it was literally a retro pop-anthem and very clearly influenced by the original “girl crushes” aka the women of 80’s pop music made by and for girls like kylie minogue and cyndi lauper

the rest of the song was what lacked creative direction. it was just built off the chorus, any trained ear can tell.

teddy has made good songs, but also not good songs. so it really depends on the track for a preference in-house producers or western producers

it's not retropop its described as dancepop, electropop, EDM & country-folk by various sources

no Kylie Monogue and Cyndi Lauper lmoa, this sounds nothing like them

more like 2010s western electropop songs, Icona Pop came to my mind first

the rest of the song was gold especially Rose's part but chorus wasn't it for me

David Guetta seemed not really hardworked for this

Teddy so far very great producer to me except HYLT

• i wasn’t calling retro pop the genre lmao. it is electro pop.

this is VERY reminiscent and influenced by those ladies and others like them, so you’ve lost all credibility with me when discussing musical influence in technical terms, tbh.

i will agree that hylt was a mess... it should’ve stayed in the drafts. when you compare his best works fo hylt.... it’s like.... you know?

• i wasn’t calling retro pop the genre lmao. it is electro pop.

this is VERY reminiscent and influenced by those ladies and others like them, so you’ve lost all credibility with me when discussing musical influence in technical terms, tbh.

i will agree that hylt was a mess... it should’ve stayed in the drafts. when you compare his best works fo hylt.... it’s like.... you know?

no it's more like David Guetta's early 2010s works, Rihanna's We Found Love, Icona Pop etc

2010's electropop

not those ladies not even slightest sense

i am not comparing HYLT to LSG

i have just said that Teddy has only one bad song which HYLT

LSG is not BP's best song the best one is AIIYL or PWF

David Guetta didn't try this one considering he has done great songs with Sia & other artists. It's of course he doesn't want his best creation for kpop group

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!