YG is sabotaging rosé solo on purpose [a LONG thread]

• Honestly, I don’t think YG ever planned on giving them all solos. It was the negative reaction and us Blinks saying we want all four girls to have their own solo that caused them to make that promise.

I am still worried about whether we will get the Lisoo solos, and when we do the promo will likely be as lacklustre. YG always does the bare minimum for BP.

• literally what’s wrong with comparing it the only other solo to come out of blackpink? i even said it was for reference only and explained why.

rose definitely didn’t want only 2 songs in her solo debut, why would you even imply that?

also, she could have a full album with like 15 songs and still focus on blackpink. having a mini album like they promised isn’t stopped her from focusing on blackpink (who aren’t even active right now, mind you)

I don't think is right to bring up Jennie because until this day people think she has been favored. We should wait and then complain.

well, we don't know what rose wanted, it's all assumption at this point. but didn't she say she wasn't ready for her solo then in the documentary? music seems very important for her what if she wasn't satisfied with the other songs? and still releasing 2 songs is better than having only a single. Why can't we be happy with what we have?

• Jennie's diaries were produced by her though? It was her idea and gift for the fans. Yg could care less about that sort of content. It's the same thing with her opening a ytb channel and posting vlogs.

Rosé got a concert stage too at the show, and pretty sure she will be promoting on music shows and have a live to celebrate the release of the songs. I don't understand why fans feel the need to compare the two solos because they are totally different, the timing, format of the songs, the reach, the growth of the fandom etc.

And I don't necessarily think they are trying to sabotage Rosé on purpose. Yg is just greedy asf and they use their artists (bp in particular) in any way they find convenient to reach the result they want. So basically they don't give a damn about their artists -bp- on a personal level. It all comes down to how much they can make of them and how big the result will be.

With rosé they are taking a risk, experimenting with sounds, targeting the western media. I call that being greedy and incompetent at the same time. They are dreaming big here, but they are not exactly doing much to reach whatever goal they want. They should have taken a safer way because it's her first solo. They should've let her gain a Korean fanbase first before branching out and wanting to achieve bigger things.

But this is all just speculation on my part. I still hope things will be different and that she'll hit big both in and outside SK regardless of the type of song we're about to get.

• Do we know how much the girls get paid for their ad work? If they're getting paid more through things like modeling, brand deals, and magazines during their career and they're happy about it, maybe that's a good thing.

At the end of the day, the goal for them is to make as much money as they can while they're still under contract.

The girls made it very clear that they wish they had more songs.

And just cuz they have brand deals and cfs doesn't mean they do not care about music or that they will put music on the back burner

• I am still worried about whether we will get the Lisoo solos, and when we do the promo will likely be as lacklustre. YG always does the bare minimum for BP.

I knew i wasn’t the only one worried about this. Like he already delayed Rosé’s solo SO MANY TIMES i’m really worried if Lisoo will even get theirs

• If yg think like that. Why bother giving Jennie a solo, it was something both the fandom and gp didn’t ask for and they could’ve avoided the solos headache they are in rn. Bp already hit big with dddd and could’ve made another cb in early 2019 ( with Jennie being face and center) it girls like yoona and suzy and Irene didn’t need a solo career to prosper. I also think if yg want the members attached to the group he would never allow jisoo to be in a drama if her career take off as an actress it would be a bigger problem than any successful solo bc once you make it as an actress it’s easy to get jobs and even powerful companies like sm couldn’t block their previous acts from having an acting career.

I believe that yg intended for them to have solos from the beginning just like they did with bb and they naturally started with the most popular member to compete on the charts.

Edit: one thing that could make me believe ur theory. Is that yg is confident that Jennie and jisoo will resign and not confident about rosé and Lisa.

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• They’re big on fashion and this part of their career is important to them, and it’s no doubt bringing in an asinine amount of revenue. That being said, I don’t think it’s fair to downplay their passion for music just because they have modeling gigs and CFs on the side.

The girls have made it quite obvious they’d like to put out more songs, hold more concerts, see fans more often, etc. They’ve been vocal about how they’d love to be more involved in the process of creating their own music.

Making money is of course crucial, but that doesn’t translate to being reason enough for their music being neglected.

I know it's not complicated, was just a way of saying to exemplify this is not yg actually trying to sabotage her, they are genuinely incompetent and giving their artists few songs is like the standard. 2ne1 had so few songs for the amount of years they were active, same for bigbang

Agree with both points above

• I knew i wasn’t the only one worried about this. Like he already delayed Rosé’s solo SO MANY TIMES i’m really worried if Lisoo will even get theirs

At a fan sign when someone asked Lisa about hers she looked pretty panicked and was like “please wait longer.” I certainly don’t believe the report that her MV is finished. We were told Rosé would have multiple songs and she is just getting one. These solos have been promised since 2018 and we are only just getting Rosé’s, so I am definitely concerned for Lisoo.

• I don't think is right to bring up Jennie because until this day people think she has been favored. We should wait and then complain.

well, we don't know what rose wanted, it's all assumption at this point. but didn't she say she wasn't ready for her solo then in the documentary? music seems very important for her what if she wasn't satisfied with the other songs? and still releasing 2 songs is better than having only a single. Why can't we be happy with what we have?

I understand wanting to look at the positives but I completely disagree with the question "why can't we be happy with what we have" I'm not a Blink but I am a fan of Blackpink since the day they debuted and we have literally gotten the BARE MINIMUM for years. This isn't just one instance. This is years of YG treating Blackpink and their fans like crap.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!