Why is NB translating posts of people criticizing victims in Itaewon

• Experts attempt to analyze what triggered the crowd surge in Itaewon
    netizen buzz, korean pop,korean drama, korean media, korean entertainment, korean news, kpop, kdrama, netizens, comments, reactions, translations
    netizenbuzz.blogspot.com

these are mostly president Yoon supporters from what I've seen

defending him, the police, criticizing the victims, saying they deserved it etc.

this is horrifying

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Korea by large is still a conservative society

to the older population is makes no sense to celebrate a western holiday

Not excusing it, but I did expect that the sympathy toward victims will be lower compare to other disasters

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not excusing it, but I did expect that the sympathy toward victims will be lower compare to other disasters

This is very true we are conservative and thr older generation is abit baffled by it another part of this comes from our culture we are supposed to be abit more disciplined and in control and not stuff like this happen. There were parts where people followed the flow of traffic and remained orderly but at some point people started going against the flow and pushing on either end. Because in reality this was entirely preventable coupled with the fact it hasn't happened before. Plus the early reports showing people partying and dancing while ignoring emergency services command to make a path for them further paints the picture so yes it's terrible that people are blaming the victims and badmouthing the crowd. But to some extent it's understandable alot of people are hurt, upset and angry about this.

• probably because no one told them to go there, and it wasn't openly organized big event

I bet that's the logic behind it

also like I posted yesterday there was for example one Korean young student who saw that situation is bad and just turned back, said to his friend that he will go back home but his friend said that he is staying, and later on they lost contact with each other which means potentially that friend either died or was injured...

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This post will make the rounds on twitter where people will be outraged and so they will get more clicks.

I hate that so many people are like "ban all Halloween parties", "this is all because of Halloween", etc because no? That's just the current situation where a problem occurred, not the cause itself.

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I hate that so many people are like "ban all Halloween parties", "this is all because of Halloween", etc because no? That's just the current situation where a problem occurred, not the cause itself.

That alley was a disaster waiting to happen due to its structure.

The city council is at fault for not remeding the situations years before.

• That alley was a disaster waiting to happen due to its structure.

The city council is at fault for not remeding the situations years before.

True but hindsight is always 20 20 at the time nobody imagined this would happen in a large crowd outdoors. Hundreds of thousands of people larger than this group have passed through that area and nothing happened for many many years, just so happen that day a series of unfortunate events came together to cause this to go sideways really fucking fast.

At first things there were going rather smoothly, people following the flow of traffic on the right while the other side passes, but for some unknown reason people deviated from this order and obviously people at the back likely not knowing wtf is going on probably grew a little impatient and once someone started pushing it was like a domino affect on each side. The alley itself really isn't to blame this unfortunately is partly on the crowd. Saying its the alley would be like blaming a stadium for people getting stuck in the door. Hey that door is big enough to fix two semis through side by side, if you clog up the entry how is this my fault? Should o have built the entrance as big as a city block? That's the same here with the city planner they couldn't at the time thought this would happen or that this many people would try to occupy such a space. Redesigning it now is basically impossible as you'd have to redesign ab entire section of the city as these buildings would have to somehow be moved to widen it. But what happens if another party fills up that space in the future? Just bulldoze and make it bigger yet again? This was a preventable disaster a little bit of common sense could have averted this.

• True but hindsight is always 20 20 at the time nobody imagined this would happen in a large crowd outdoors. Hundreds of thousands of people larger than this group have passed through that area and nothing happened for many many years, just so happen that day a series of unfortunate events came together to cause this to go sideways really fucking fast.

At first things there were going rather smoothly, people following the flow of traffic on the right while the other side passes, but for some unknown reason people deviated from this order and obviously people at the back likely not knowing wtf is going on probably grew a little impatient and once someone started pushing it was like a domino affect on each side. The alley itself really isn't to blame this unfortunately is partly on the crowd. Saying its the alley would be like blaming a stadium for people getting stuck in the door. Hey that door is big enough to fix two semis through side by side, if you clog up the entry how is this my fault? Should o have built the entrance as big as a city block? That's the same here with the city planner they couldn't at the time thought this would happen or that this many people would try to occupy such a space. Redesigning it now is basically impossible as you'd have to redesign ab entire section of the city as these buildings would have to somehow be moved to widen it. But what happens if another party fills up that space in the future? Just bulldoze and make it bigger yet again? This was a preventable disaster a little bit of common sense could have averted this.

Maybe an alley is not at fault, but an alley that is very narrow and sloped

City approved alot of license for bars and clubs for such tight spot

Most city plans has regulations agaisnt such builts

• Maybe an alley is not at fault, but an alley that is very narrow and sloped

City approved alot of license for bars and clubs for such tight spot

Most city plans has regulations agaisnt such builts

True but hindsight is always 20 20. And this could have been prevented. But unfortunately here we are hundreds injured dead and missing.

• I have no words. I just feel for those who died, who got hurt, and those who lost loved ones. Imagine being so cold you cannot even be empathetic during such a time as this just to support your politician :pepenomad:

On another note, I have lost contact with my Korean students, and I hope they're not one of the victims in there.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!